Censoring in game ?

Man this thread has some serious fearmongering in it. In the CBT the height slider to make VERY small girls and boys was unavailable and that's it. Hell even the GM's said if the demand is high enough they'd put it back in.

Ya'll need to chill because no other information has been given about ANYTHING other than that.

@CodeBreaker-V1 Yeah, but that doesn't really mean anything. Your profile pic clearly comes from the JP release, which is violating the TOS in and of itself by virtue of being a non japanese player. A lot of clauses in the TOS like this are really just there as safety nets for when people are unbearable shitters and you need an excuse to gulag someone. SEGA doesn't give a shit if US players play on the JP servers, because at the end of the day they're still inflating player counts, many still spend AC, and the merch is still bought. Kind of the same thing here. As long as you aren't affecting other players, such as the infamous CO desk attendant teleportation that caused the IP block in the first place, SEGA doesn't care.

@The-Question said in Censorship is NOT needed in this M rated game.:

@GamerKillance said in Censorship is NOT needed in this M rated game.:

Man this thread has some serious fearmongering in it. In the CBT the height slider to make VERY small girls and boys was unavailable and that's it. Hell even the GM's said if the demand is high enough they'd put it back in.

Ya'll need to chill because no other information has been given about ANYTHING other than that.

This is a suggestion thread for supporting the idea of no censorship in anyway from the JP version. Thanks for the post and the support.

I just want both sides to be considered when any adjustment is made from the JP version. Only one side being heard will lead to problems down the road.

@Gynaenaecology SOJ doesn't care but who knows if SOA will.. 🧐

And there's a huge difference between logging into a JP server and messing with in game files. And thank you for noticing my JP character as my avatar 😎

@Gynaenaecology said in Censoring in game ?:

@Meta77 said in Censoring in game ?:

It's going to be funny watching players stare for short characters and then reporting them for being short. I think most vets know what is in the game. A lot of costumes may not make it

I think a great litmus test will be if the "Sexy Bikini" costume (not the layered wear) or something like Bluesy Requiem gets in. If the second one is in then, besides those weird mini outfits, I don't see anything else getting removed on that grounds. BR is just absurdly lewd.

Sexy bikini should be perfectly fine. Tera Online has some revealing outfits. Bluesy Requiem is pushing it probably though. Even some of Tera got some censors to the Elin class outfits because of the loli/underage looking stuff.

@CodeBreaker-V1 Thats cute boyo. The ones who do it dont really care its a violation. FBI isnt gonna come knocking down your door for modding your PSO2 character into a loli that only the modder can see. Unless absolutely all data is on the server side, which is a stupid thing to do especially for a action mmorpg, nothing will stop modders from doing it. Nor will PSO2 GMs be able to find and punish them for it. But please dont ask me to explain how that works, its simple but I feel id have to explain it at length to you if you cant figure it out.

Oh and cuz it will happen for the lulz. I full expect someone to mod any of the bosses to take the appearance of something comical, popular one lately has been the goose from untitled goose game. Always lulz.

@Alexandrious947 you obviously never played a Phantasy star game.. characters are server side this has been known since Phantasy star universe..🤦♂️ not much is stored on your Console or PC. As for the FBI comment no one even remotely brought up the government.. this is Terms of service (TOS) and every Phantasy star games TOS strictly says if you mod the game you will be banned if caught so unless that has changed with this Phantasy star which I doubt because it's most likely will be the same TOS JP has and Sea had it'll be the same thing.. a violation of TOS..

@CodeBreaker-V1 said in Censoring in game ?:

@Alexandrious947 you obviously never played a Phantasy star game.. characters are server side this has been known since Phantasy star universe..🤦♂️ not much is stored on your Console or PC. As for the FBI comment no one even remotely brought up the government.. this is Terms of service (TOS) and every Phantasy star games TOS strictly says if you mod the game you will be banned if caught so unless that has changed with this Phantasy star which I doubt because it's most likely will be the same TOS JP has and Sea had it'll be the same thing.. a violation of TOS..

LOL. and you seriously think they are still with the advances in tech while our network infrastructure is still garbage compared to japan, korea, etc? We have a group of modders who made translations for the jp version. One of them even claimed how easy it is to hack the client, give himself GM control and spawn any boss into the lobby. Server side for an action game? If it was then PSO2 will run like crap for us, less so for Japan due to the massive data communication it would then have to do with our clients. It was feasible in PSU since alot less data was needed, especially since everything was 4 players. But PSO2 you got 12 players on screen all with their own textures all with their own attacks, animations and such that has to be communicated.

How do you think the mods created by Japan right now for PC that changes appearance works? Cuz no one got banned so far for using it.

Boyo you can play as much phantasy star as you want but obviously you do not know how mmos work in general. I played Phantasy star since sega genesis. And my first online game was PSO on the dreamcast, where you drop your weapon if you die and it can be snatched from you by another player, something you new gens would rage quit over.

So dont give me that garbage laddie. Again, stop arguing, you just making yourself look bad.

Got em.

/Golfclap

Ok we'll enjoy your ban when you mod the game "boyo" huge difference between JP and NA but ok.

Guess you'll learn the hard way

All the important character data is server sided, yes, but graphics, textures, etc are stored in the download.

This is how a certain program was able to do English patches. They modified the host's client to translate text to English. That technically was against the ToS.

The same can be done for appearances. It only alters the CLIENT program, making it appear that way to the CLIENT only.

Ok we'll enjoy your ban when you mod the game "boyo" huge difference between JP and NA but ok.

Guess you'll learn the hard way

I played many mmos in the past where players modded their appearances. Never heard anyone get banned save for those who posted screenshots or videos with the mods on in official boards.

Point of it all is. Censorship will always be a thing, but at least PC players have a way around it. If your on console thats too bad. But if you want your loli waifu in a g-string to do a chair dance with bad enough, a 450 dollar PC can run PSO2 at 60fps. Yes a retail one. I can build a 60fps 1080p pc for PSO2 with just 250 dollars, easily.

Options are nice.

Oh and for the record. I never mod. I always create heroic looking Male characters and find any legit, earned ingame cosmetics to make him look like a Paladin, because I want everyone else to see that. Thats why I have my eye on that Hero and Etoile class appearances we will get eventually.

Nuff said.

Yeah to add to that, I've definitely never done it in my life, but PSO2 allows you to replace files with other files provided the animations match up. This is how people were able to have items from the story mode that, until scratches came along several months later, were not normally available in game.

Not that I would know anything about that, oh no. I've never played PSO2JP, after all.

Long as I dont have to see lolis in g strings running about, and we get all the same gameplay as JP. Im fine with censorship.

If you dont like censorship? Get a PC then.

Solved all your problems. Ill bill you all at the end of the month.

@The-Question

Yea no. Censorship is fine long as it keeps money flowing from the parents of children playing this credit cards and we keep getting the same gameplay content.

Like I said. Dont like it? Get the game on PC.

Be happy we get it at all.

Thats MY suggestion. Its honestly a good and logical one. Why? Because it works. Since 99 percent of games with censorship, will not budge no matter how much you complain.

/golfclap

Got em.

@Alexandrious947 oh yea I'm so poor I can't afford a gaming rig (which I have) or and xbox one X (which I also have) 😂😂

Poor me