Censoring in game ?

@Meta77 said in Censoring in game ?:

You keep saying endorsed. MS simply got Sega to release it stateside. MS also endorsed CBFD regardless of when made he was originally a family friendly character

You do know Microsoft is doing the localization, translations, hiring voice actors, coding for Xbox and PC to make cross play? They're basically doing everything for this NA release.

@DKGJustus played it for a little while, but I still haven't seen many games that are as bad as Vindictus with outfits.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Censoring in game ?:

@DKGJustus played it for a little while, but I still haven't seen many games that are as bad as Vindictus with outfits.

Tera

@GamerKillance said in Censoring in game ?:

You keep saying endorsed. MS simply got Sega to release it stateside. MS also endorsed CBFD regardless of when made he was originally a family friendly character

You do know Microsoft is doing the localization, translations, hiring voice actors, coding for Xbox and PC to make cross play? They're basically doing everything for this NA release.

You do know this game was ready to launch back with its original beta. Like literally next day ready. But for reasons I can not say without a rappy coming after me it was canned for very VERY petty reasons. MS is helping it get back up to speed but endorsed is not the word I'd use

Honestly, I like to play the original content without any hints of censoring. You're basically hiding someone else's work and indirectly putting a label on it which feels wrong. Gameplay wise, it doesn't change much for me tho.

What really bugs me is how they crack down on this small stuff immediately when there's clearly more important stuff on the road to release.

Now it all makes sense.

You do know this game was ready to launch back with its original beta. Like literally next day ready. But for reasons I can not say without a rappy coming after me it was canned for very VERY petty reasons. MS is helping it get back up to speed but endorsed is not the word I'd use

See I doubt it was ready. Sega JP pulled the plug quick for NA release back in 2012 when this game was announced for NA. Judging from the fact there is STILL some Japanese text and voices in the game shows that this was translated lately. Least that's how I look at it.

I didn't see someone else mention it (but maybe I missed it if so), but you can actually make your character "shorter" by using the advanced options-- the slider only goes so low, but you can do things like lessen the torso/leg heights or head to make them shorter.

I was actually really confused when redoing my character at first (I brought up the Japanese version on PC so I could compare exactly) because I could not get her height to be the same number no matter how hard I tried. In the end, after I had finished adjusting all the advanced stuff, she was actually the same height as she was in Japan after all.

@Princesse-Jen said in Censoring in game ?:

I didn't see someone else mention it (but maybe I missed it if so), but you can actually make your character "shorter" by using the advanced options-- the slider only goes so low, but you can do things like lessen the torso/leg heights or head to make them shorter.

I was actually really confused when redoing my character at first (I brought up the Japanese version on PC so I could compare exactly) because I could not get her height to be the same number no matter how hard I tried. In the end, after I had finished adjusting all the advanced stuff, she was actually the same height as she was in Japan after all.

Actually it seems they "censored" the character creator but not the salon editor lol.

@Luz-PT said in Censoring in game ?:

Actually it seems they "censored" the character creator but not the salon editor lol.

I don't think you can edit the bust size. That was the main thing they censored to keep you from making flat chested girls with small bodies.

I don't think you can edit the bust size. That was the main thing they censored to keep you from making flat chested girls with small bodies.

You could edit it they just don't bounce anymore.

@AnonMarc nice illuminus coat btw

@Meta77 I honestly had no idea there was a full western beta back in the day. I thought it was just at trade shows.

If you do have that insider info tho you really should leak that shit to someone reputable to report on it, that would be super interesting

@Lena-Brey said in Censoring in game ?:

@Meta77 I honestly had no idea there was a full western beta back in the day. I thought it was just at trade shows.

If you do have that insider info tho you really should leak that shit to someone reputable to report on it, that would be super interesting

More like they announced Beta coming soon back in 2012 and never released it. They took down the original PSO2 website back in 2016 i think. It was literally untouched since 2012.

I'm talking about the initial character creator-- not the salon editor. I didn't find any difference when using the two beyond some differences in how the controls work.