Censoring in game ?

@CodeBreaker-V1 I HIGHLY doubt that PSO2 will fail if people can't make their character have child/dwarf height characters lmao

Honestly I'm never gonna be pro-censorship, but if the changes they decide to implement are stopping people from making child characters or removing a couple skimpy cosmetic outfits, I won't lose any sleep over it.

@Lena-Brey said in Censoring in game ?:

@CodeBreaker-V1 I HIGHLY doubt that PSO2 will fail if people can't make their character have child/dwarf height characters lmao

Honestly I'm never gonna be pro-censorship, but if the changes they decide to implement are stopping people from making child characters or removing a couple skimpy cosmetic outfits, I won't lose any sleep over it.

This about sums it up. Censorship is a slippery slope of course, but... that won't stop me from enjoying what I have looked forward to for 8 long years.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Censoring in game ?:

@Lena-Brey said in Censoring in game ?:

This about sums it up. Censorship is a slippery slope of course, but... that won't stop me from enjoying what I have looked forward to for 8 long years.

When has censorship ever killed a game? Most games that fail are because they're bad and nothing else.

Never killed a game but has had backlash. Like when doa6 was almost not made. Or sony trying to censor games and producers of some games not knowing the future of franchises like senran. People whining about ivy from soul calibur. Etc. But then you have the brave producers of games like the tekken series and nier basically saying get over it. It's my game I'll make what I want. Censoring pso2 will not kill it but just be funny imo.

@Meta77 said in Censoring in game ?:

Never killed a game but has had backlash. Like when doa6 was almost not made. Or sony trying to censor games and producers of some games not knowing the future of franchises like senran. People whining about ivy from soul calibur. Etc. But then you have the brave producers of games like the tekken series and nier basically saying get over it. It's my game I'll make what I want. Censoring pso2 will not kill it but just be funny imo.

They're literally just stopping people from making little boys/girls in the game. That and reworking some VERY skimpy outfits.

@GamerKillance said in Censoring in game ?:

@Meta77 said in Censoring in game ?:

They're literally just stopping people from making little boys/girls in the game. That and reworking some VERY skimpy outfits.

What you see as skimpy may not be to someone else. Just cause a outfit shows a slit in the chest area does not make it skimpy

@Meta77 Have you seen some of the JP outfits? Goes a little beyond the chest and more below the belt.

@Meta77 No swimsuits allowed then huh?

SIMPLE FIX! I am pretty sure i saw an option that would make it so all characters other than mine show up as generic looks(i think to help with lage or load times. So just tell people if they are prejudiced against Little People they can just click that so they show up above a certain height an below a certain breast size.

Do they think we don't have little people in America with boobs that bounce? I am disappointed that they(or someone) see us as a bunch of people who can't conrol themselves...

I like this game because it isn't just another American MMO, I also love anime and other parts of Japans culture... I will be very disappointed if they continue to treat everyone in USA this way. I really like this game, but i dislike the thought process there apears to be about me(an anyone else on this continent I guess? Also i do care about height(i made mine as small as it allowed). But even if i didn't i would be against this censorship is a slippery slop. Give the raging loud minority a precident an they won't stop until you stop giving into them.

The only way this can be not there fault is if FCC made them do it? Or Microsoft?

By no means will this stop me from playing though! I just want to play the game that Japan gets to play the way it is meant to look an play. Wish i knew about this before i did the survey(only change being don't change the game for english version).

@Wesley-Cameron the changes would be to comply with regulatory guidance and to also appeal to the greatest number of potential players in NA. That means social politics during the implementation of this game has a large impact.

Interesting things can be read in the ToS, however.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Censoring in game ?:

@Wesley-Cameron the changes would be to comply with regulatory guidance and to also appeal to the greatest number of potential players in NA. That means social politics during the implementation of this game has a large impact.

Interesting things can be read in the ToS, however.

Or the fact they don't want little boys and girls in some kind of skimpy outfit. Y'know, the thing Japan is known for and is ridiculed for?

@CodeBreaker-V1 My female cast is pretty damn short. Doesn't get any shorter even on JP. Maybe it's a bug?

You guys haven't played black desert have you? Tons of lewd going on in that game.

@DKGJustus said in Censoring in game ?:

You guys haven't played black desert have you? Tons of lewd going on in that game.

But they also aren't endorsed by Microsoft.

You keep saying endorsed. MS simply got Sega to release it stateside. MS also endorsed CBFD regardless of when made he was originally a family friendly character