Censoring in game ?

@Luz-PT said in Censoring in game ?:

@oldColdReactive said in Censoring in game ?:

If this is true, then we need a PC beta so that we can fix all the bugs / etc. that aren't in the JP version. Since they went out of their way to change this height thing.

Your characters also can't have bouncing bo*bs. (I censored this just in case).

Its NA you know those things are scary over here. Although they are pretty over exaggerated on jp side. Surely they will not censor to much but again being NA im sure some will including some wall scrolls.

@AnonMarc said in Censoring in game ?:

@CodeBreaker-V1 If thats the reason why not remove SymbolArt from the game that has the potential to expose many to explicit content pedos could make. Limiting height does not even hold a candle to symbolart pr0n.

Maybe they will be monitoring the SAs.. and yes they can get very ummm... yea you know..😂

Probably because the people who boycott the game cause they can't relieve their Loli fantasies aren't a big enough percentage of the NA playerbase to cause a considerable loss.

Microsoft put their name on this localization, so they have to play local politics as well. It isn't just PSO2 on the line, it is their brand as well.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Censoring in game ?:

Probably because the people who boycott the game cause they can't relieve their Loli fantasies aren't a big enough percentage of the NA playerbase to cause a considerable loss.

Microsoft put their name on this localization, so they have to play local politics as well. It isn't just PSO2 on the line, it is their brand as well.

[ throws Conker's Bad Fur Day. ]

Conker was shown on the promo media for "Project Spark," a sandbox system that didn't even get to full release. Don't tell me Microsoft has to save their brand.

@oldColdReactive said in Censoring in game ?:

[ throws Conker's Bad Fur Day. ]

Conker was shown on the promo media for "Project Spark," a sandbox system that didn't even get to full release. Don't tell me Microsoft has to save their brand.

Lol I remember my fav video related to that was jontrons.

@Luz-PT My character was 157

@oldColdReactive the political environment has changed a lot just over the last few years, especially things involving sexual boundaries.

Also, CBFD was already a part of NA from a long time ago. These guys advocated for a game that was dropped for NA release. It is reasonable to assume they would take less risks when it comes to the individual's expression.

Im glad it came stateside but if only people knew how easy it probably was. the reason it was dropped was for some petty reason which i can not discuss. its actually pitiful Like i said on another post people in NA are much more sensitive to things these days than in the past. At least on jp side that just shrug and go about pushing out updates rather than worrying about clipart. Granted i never learned how to make any outside a poorly drawn dancing rappy

I still plan to play this a lot despite the censoring, since it'll be the only good Sci-Fi MMORPG on the market.

As do I. That plus the joys of having the best of both worlds. If i want crazy funny clip art i can boot up jp server and if i want translated fun stateside ill have the NA version.

I too will continue to play JP as well as NA

@AnonMarc Just looked through the character creator. Shortest I could get a character was 160. It's 153 in the salon.

Exactly this. Plus, does it really affect MUH PLAYER EXPERIENCE if you can't make a loli/shots?

@Rantious said in Censoring in game ?:

Exactly this. Plus, does it really affect MUH PLAYER EXPERIENCE if you can't make a loli/shots?

It doesnt affect anything its more just silly that in this day and age censoring is still a thing. Its like when they brought over that new one piece game. They cut out a segment from NA. Thats why i import lol. Though i do have a short character myself on the jp servers she does not look young. I just wanted some different heights for my jp charactersr instead. My Cast is the tallest at the max setting and my 2nd female is around one click below that.

@Meta77 people just don't get it.. give them this and they will run with the censorship.. I could care less about the b**b giggle but this makes 0 sense.. my height shouldn't be censored. People. Ade short characters on PSU all the time for hit detection on enemies for example.. so why do this ?