Censoring in game ?

To everyone tupset about height impacting their TA speedrun times:

It is a new version of the game. Everyone in this version will have the same new limitations. You might have to learn new strats, oh no. Your times might be a little slower than the best JP times, oh no. If you're as good at TA as you all seem to think you are, then surely you can still compete for the best times on the NA server? Just don't compare NA and JP times, it's that easy.

@Ilúvatar I remember you from the PSU forums.. welcome back or did you even leave..🤔🤔

@AnonMarc said in Censoring in game ?:

@CodeBreaker-V1 If thats the reason why not remove SymbolArt from the game that has the potential to expose many to explicit content pedos could make. Limiting height does not even hold a candle to symbolart pr0n.

Cough dick drawings during concert Cough Totally hadn't seen any of those yet

Grandblue has a short character in it. In the new fighting game that is. I need to report this to some higher ups fast cause she is super short and gosh darn that just isnt right. Sounds silly right. Regardless i wonder if this means no nier collab in the future.

Hi all, Jumping in here to clear something up. If there are this many people who are upset over the height change, please begin something in the "Suggestions" section if it hasn't already been started. Generally, things may be censored when a company believes a majority of the players will be offended. If it is demonstrated to not be the case (or valid points are brought up), said company may reverse the change. However, attacking others who are also sharing their thoughts/opinions does not serve any purpose other than possibly getting someone warned or banned. Please share your opinions and withhold your judgement of others. Thank you!

Generally, things may be censored when a company believes a majority of the players will be offended.

@GM-Deynger, I'm sure small people are feeling offended and oppressed.

What about general "censoring", are we even gonna get any official word - on what is or isn't censored? Surely PSO2 team know it's a ticking time bomb, if there is a lot of things censored, "changed" or removed.

@RocKiee-Kyrosu said in Censoring in game ?:

Generally, things may be censored when a company believes a majority of the players will be offended.

@GM-Deynger, I'm sure small people are feeling offended and oppressed.

What about general "censoring", are we even gonna get any official word - on what is or isn't censored? Surely PSO2 team know it's a ticking time bomb, if there is a lot of things censored, "changed" or removed.

This is a valid point to be posted in the Suggestions forum in a non-inflammatory way. Also baiting others, especially GM's, will not be tolerated. Constructive criticism is welcome.

@GM-Deynger It's hard to seriously "suggest/criticise" something, when said company hasn't even officially stated censorship/changes - that they have or have not done.

That's all gonna say. Not interested in dragging this on, cause understand that you(or any of the GM's) may not personally be able to comment on this.

as a person that is 139cm in real life i feel highly offended that i am not allowed to recreate myself ingame in a game that i've waited 8 years for due to gaijins not respecting the religion of lolis. I did not choose to be this size and it is completely unfair how others can enjoy the game more than me while i have to deal with this in every game i play. hopefully they just didnt know the exact player height settings, but if it is shown to be "censored" in the open beta, i guess im not playing this game and will wait for the PSU private server to return and play that atleast it isnt censored because in 2020 people get offended by breathing gg

These "gaijins" are trying to support the game regardless of what "censorship" happens.

That is a lot of getting offended for something unconfirmed, and it has been addressed to bring it up in "Suggestions" rather than being offended from people voicing their own opinions.

@kozue said in Censoring in game ?:

as a person that is 139cm in real life i feel highly offended that i am not allowed to recreate myself ingame in a game that i've waited 8 years for due to gaijins not respecting the religion of lolis. I did not choose to be this size and it is completely unfair how others can enjoy the game more than me while i have to deal with this in every game i play. hopefully they just didnt know the exact player height settings, but if it is shown to be "censored" in the open beta, i guess im not playing this game and will wait for the PSU private server to return and play that atleast it isnt censored because in 2020 people get offended by breathing gg

I support this. Very cool stuff.

For my fellow anti-censorship crew I made a respectable post in the suggestions forum. (o.o)b

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Censoring in game ?:

These "gaijins" are trying to support the game regardless of what "censorship" happens.

Nah bro, censorship bad. Just stop sexualizing little kids. If this is what offends you in this game, you won't be around for long. Have you seen some of the stuff in the JP version?

They also changed the max height too, so short characters will still look just as short and the only thing it really changes is that people can't be as short as like 4 of the NPCs. If anything, this just encourages people to make more 'lolis' now..... ffs.

@sKRuBbyD3KbruSh Assuming I take offense to anything in the Japanese version is a bit of a stretch, as well as telling me to "stop sexualizing kids". Projecting your anger against something that is just an assumption at this point is not constructive in any way, shape, or form.

I am playing this game regardless of what changes do or do not come and I certainly won't be getting upset over things that aren't even confirmed.

@John-Paul-RAGE Learn to read between the lines, dude. I wasn't telling you personally, but you obviously don't know what you're talking about anyway because it has been confirmed by a GM on here. Telling me to project my anger elsewhere is laughable, Mr. RAGE. By all means, consume whatever you want but there's a perfectly fine JPN version with a translation now that allows us to have all of the content without any of the politics and certainly less of the people that will be making "lewd lolis" as a point now..