Censoring in game ?

@Hideki-Sagara said in Censoring in game ?:

I don't think they are doing this height setting as a form of censorship, I think most can all agree that would be silly as most of you were saying. Its probably more likely due to that's the general NA height standard and most commonly known for or it could be NA's version to be different from JP's version. There is likely going to be a lot of different things good or bad to the game but something like this shouldn't really be a topic of issue. Honestly my biggest gripe would be if they made this height limitation because they plan on allowing you to customize your characters more through being premium membership or something of that nature. I'm not total against it cause I believe the game does deserve some support but it wouldn't be the first time I seen something free in one version but cost in another. If this was really done to just censoring then wow.

It is a topic issue though. I know they don't have to give a reason for it. But even a few CM height difference can make you lose significant time in TA, SR, Trials, and any other content that uses I-frames, hit boxes, and frame data. Height measurement in the game actually plays a pretty big role for the Speedrunning community for this game. I'm not saying this in anyway to put down what you are saying and it won't stop me from playing and enjoying the game. Just giving another perspective to how big of a change height differences make in this game.

@Princess-Catra said in Censoring in game ?:

I honestly came to this forum looking for this exact thread(and to see when pc version is coming out), the height thing is stupid but i care far more for the bouncing and t1t size. Hopefully nothing else changes like skimpy outfits.

Honestly I wish big companies would ignore the cry babies on twitter. They should know that boycotts do nothing(ex home depot, starbucks, walmart. disneyland etc), the people crying wouldn't even play it in the first place. The people playing this are weebs who love this stuff.

Rofl, I can guarantee that's what motivated them to make the change in the first place. The amount of REEEEEEE in this thread about censorship means absolutely nothing to the powers that be.

I am rather wanting male outfits on female characters as to female character outfits on male characters. Not always into wearing skirts all the time.

@DankNugs9429 said in Censoring in game ?:

Why is it so hard for some of you to leave kids out of this lol. Pedo watch alert on this thread.

We're just gonna place this comment right over here in this garbage for now. Please try again, but add some intelligence in the future posts. Thanks much.

I really hope they just have the option to censor but you have to turn it on which im sure someone has already said! 😃

Inb4 we get the excuse we got in Phantasy star universe.. "we are a unique server " thus throwing out the window "All Content" that was promised to us in E3..

Don't care about the bouncing b00bs Don't care to much about the outfits

What I do care about is restricting my characters Height.. as stated numerous times in this thread it's about hit boxes and Time attacks.. nothing more if you let them get away with this small censorship it will open the door to more silly censorship and then this ver of PSO2 will end up just like it's SEA counter part.

Let's be honest here. PSO2 is a nitch title in the west. Once most of the causals leave it will only be the core players left and I guarantee it will not be even remotely close to fill a ship up.. I see them cutting Ships in the future because of this fun fact..

Honestly, there's too much fear-mongering and misinformation in this thread...

• The height meter modification might have been done due to it allowing you to make a character who looks like a minor and put em in the revealing costumes the game has... most MMOs have had this censored by removing the outfits in question, PSO2 simply not letting you set your height past a threshold is the lesser evil.

• Neither SEGA West nor Microsoft is directly working on the NA version, this modification was done by the only people with access to the source code... the Japanese Development Team. Either SEGA of Japan felt the change was necessary to appeal to the Western standards and to avoid any issues (of which many could have arisen.. remember Japan has a lower age of consent).

• Majority of complaints are from JP players who, if they were the main focus of this release, we would have gotten Server-Transfer a long time ago. As a free-to-play title, SEGA has to reach out to as many people as possible and maybe not put them off or attract negative attention. While Symbol Art are a thing, that can be brushed aside at least as players being players. However imagine the negative attention SEGA would get for 'consciously allowing players to make make a character that looks like a minor and put them in suggestive situations'...

• Failure over censorship... really? Many players feared huge amount of censorship would take place and were relieved the only thing that was gone were certain height options.... even coming to the immediate conclusion as to why it had to go (the whole situation with minors).

@Leonkh99 said in Censoring in game ?:

Honestly, there's too much fear-mongering and misinformation in this thread...

• The height meter modification might have been done due to it allowing you to make a character who looks like a minor and put em in the revealing costumes the game has... most MMOs have had this censored by removing the outfits in question, PSO2 simply not letting you set your height past a threshold is the lesser evil.

• Neither SEGA West nor Microsoft is directly working on the NA version, this modification was done by the only people with access to the source code... the Japanese Development Team. Either SEGA of Japan felt the change was necessary to appeal to the Western standards and to avoid any issues (of which many could have arisen.. remember Japan has a lower age of consent).

• Majority of complaints are from JP players who, if they were the main focus of this release, we would have gotten Server-Transfer a long time ago. As a free-to-play title, SEGA has to reach out to as many people as possible and maybe not put them off or attract negative attention. While Symbol Art are a thing, that can be brushed aside at least as players being players. However imagine the negative attention SEGA would get for 'consciously allowing players to make make a character that looks like a minor and put them in suggestive situations'...

• Failure over censorship... really? Many players feared huge amount of censorship would take place and were relieved the only thing that was gone were certain height options.... even coming to the immediate conclusion as to why it had to go (the whole situation with minors).

This isn't some E or T rated game supposedly though, its M. So who are they protecting? The adults from other adults? Will kids still get their hands on it? Absolutely, but then it's on the parents for not restricting access to higher rated stuff. As an adult, (who this game is also marketed towards based on the rating) I dont need a company telling me what I do and do not want to see. I can make that decision for myself.

Also they are just as consciously leaving a feature accessible that can be very easily used negatively so dont try making that the lesser of 2 evils vs the height change. Its "just players being players" in both regards when it comes to those that abuse a system.

@LapisWave There's pants as well.

@The-Question said in Censoring in game ?:

@Hideki-Sagara said in Censoring in game ?:

I don't think they are doing this height setting as a form of censorship, I think most can all agree that would be silly as most of you were saying. Its probably more likely due to that's the general NA height standard and most commonly known for or it could be NA's version to be different from JP's version. There is likely going to be a lot of different things good or bad to the game but something like this shouldn't really be a topic of issue. Honestly my biggest gripe would be if they made this height limitation because they plan on allowing you to customize your characters more through being premium membership or something of that nature. I'm not total against it cause I believe the game does deserve some support but it wouldn't be the first time I seen something free in one version but cost in another. If this was really done to just censoring then wow.

It is a topic issue though. I know they don't have to give a reason for it. But even a few CM height difference can make you lose significant time in TA, SR, Trials, and any other content that uses I-frames, hit boxes, and frame data. Height measurement in the game actually plays a pretty big role for the Speedrunning community for this game. I'm not saying this in anyway to put down what you are saying and it won't stop me from playing and enjoying the game. Just giving another perspective to how big of a change height differences make in this game.

If it changes the game play in anyway then it could be an attempt to balance the game more for people, honestly the height shouldn't affect game play in the slightest otherwise character customization will revolve around picking the best height rather than just being creative.

@Hideki-Sagara Even if it's an attempt to rebalance it hurts NA players who are coming from JP to continue to be competitive in those fields. Some people just prefer pure MIN/MAX over creativitty or creating characters how they want them to be. The sad truth is height in this game does affect gameplay. There are all kinds of gamers and not everyone wants to spend hours in customization making the perfect character.

Some people want characters they can RP as or just look really good, ugly, etc... Then you have the other players who want to be the best at something and want to maximize thier chances at it even in the smallest ways. I'm not trying to put down what you are saying. Just clarifying how the game works and how gamers are.

I'm not going to lie, I would like to see the height be able to get lower, but I honestly understand the reason for the change. There are many things on the internet that were hard to find on PSO1's era that can be easily accessed on PSO2s.

And people were a lot less lewd, at least when I played, outside of symbol chats, anyway.

To be honest, I'm fine with censoring, there are many h-games that have good bouncing that I can go play whenever I want, and I play PSO to enjoy the world of PSO, not to look at my character bounce.

PSO1 didn't have bouncing, and it did just fine, but if you don't want to play the game because you can't make short big-bouncy-chested girl than I agree that you'll be better off playing something else.

@coldreactive As a tall guy, I have no issue with tall ladies .. I've just never met any.

@Id0lHeart said in Censoring in game ?:

@coldreactive As a tall guy, I have no issue with tall ladies .. I've just never met any.

Tall ladies are the best!

@Id0lHeart said in Censoring in game ?:

I'm very fortunate to have seen a 6 foot or taller asian woman here where I live a couple years ago. It was a beautiful sight.