FIX: Working on creating a bundle of powershell scripts to enable players to play the game after restarting PC

well it is and isnt there is a free version for sure, anyways it worked for a little while but as soon as i restarted pc i get the reinstall button instead of play so basically still in the same boat tbh 😞

With PowerShell you'll only get done as much as we did already, but in command line. Good luck though.

bumping the good news. updated main post, arks layer did it the crazy genius

@Shirokami07 The Windows user GUI is severely limited in what it can do compared to PowerShell and even the basic cmd. That's why learning PowerShell is a solid must for every administrator.

I'm not sure if this new workaround has mentioned it or other people have yet, but after having two days of install/relaunching game issues/permission issues on the Mutables/WindowsApps stuff for the game files, I am hopeful the only other small change that allowed me to play last night and now again today is that I am no longer logged into my Microsoft Account through my desktop/Windows 10 system settings.

I logged out from my MS account under system/account settings in WIndows 10 last night, redownloaded everything again without an issue, played PSO2 last night, and now can relaunch/play PSO2 again today (whereas I had issues the prior two days).

@TX-NFS arks-layers tweaker fixes all the issues as far as I can tell. I wouldn't bother trying to get permissions through power shell anymore.

@ScraggYT said in FIX: Working on creating a bundle of powershell scripts to enable players to play the game after restarting PC:

@TX-NFS arks-layers tweaker fixes all the issues as far as I can tell. I wouldn't bother trying to get permissions through power shell anymore.

I did not use powershell or anything myself to fix/workaround the problem I had (which I think has been described by others regarding

I myself was able to install/run the game twice without issue after it came out on the MS store on 5/27, but trying to run the game again after turning off the computer once lead to nothing happening I only did the permission assigning stuff manually in windows to remove the old 120GB+ of game date.

Last night I had noticed my desktop/Windows system was still logged into my main microsoft account and thought that was related to the specific issues I had...so I logged out from my MS account in the system settings/account page in Windows 10 and just behaved like a local user again. I downloaded PSO2 new again yesterday night, launched and played for a few hours, turned off my computer afterwards. Today after rebooting my computer I can launch PSO2 without any issues (and connect/play), which the only thing I have changed myself was not being logged into my microsoft account through Windows anymore (I did login to the Xboxlive service once the game was running for my characters and such, but that of course did not affect my computer still behaving as a local user in Windows). Hopefully that is a little clearer.

All in all what I'm trying to say is if you don't need to be logged into your Microsoft account through your desktop/through Windows 10, I would not have that anymore and just try to install and play PSO2. Since so far that seems to have worked for me.

I suppose I was too hopeful or only had a very temporary workaround. My game crashed and froze my computer while playing Tundras....after rebooting computer I am back to PSO2 not responding to starting program and with some funky permission thing. x_x

@TX-NFS arks layer posted a tweaker for the NA version i think you should try it