FIX: Working on creating a bundle of powershell scripts to enable players to play the game after restarting PC

windows powershell is available by default

ahh ok thank for clarification i appreciate it ..

The fact a forum user has to create a script for a multi-billion dollar company to STOP A GAME FROM DELETING ITSELF is just straight up pathetic. It's almost comical...

@Pairamedic hence why i want them to pay me when this is done

In my experiments I've noticed on the first instance of reboot the Windows Store moved all the files to the WindowsApps\MutableBackup directory and completely broke the function of the shortcut. After gaining control of the folders and deleting everything I attempted a second time, after turning off Delivery Optimization in settings, then on second reboot instead of sticking the files into MutableBackup it just deleted the whole thing aside from the 11gb install files!

I remember reading people were having missing file and permission issues with the 2020 May Windows Update KB4556799. I'd have to wonder if it has something to do with it.

Sorry to burst your bubble buddy

But nobody is gonna pay you that much for something they could easily do, but decided not to do because microsoft ported the game to US region extremely terrible (horrible devs at work)

In fact they don't even care that we are trying to fix our own games, as there is hardly any official reply from them to any of our problems. So yea... nothing is fun on internet when its connected to microsoft... let alone dreams of being paid by them for something you went on your free will to do so.

@RustyAnemone625 I appreciate your negativity and it is duly noted. I know they aren't going to pay, I'm a Software Engineer for accounting software, I know how this stuff works. let me enjoy my facetiousness.

@Pairamedic said in FIX: Working on creating a bundle of powershell scripts to enable players to play the game after restarting PC:

The fact a forum user has to create a script for a multi-billion dollar company to STOP A GAME FROM DELETING ITSELF is just straight up pathetic. It's almost comical...

Can anyone give more specifics on this? I was reading the horrible reviews on the Microsoft store and came across a comment that said this resolved their issue. They said they found the info on Reddit, but I couldn't find any posts there with this info: Capture.PNG

yea.... i been yesterday the entire day until 9am of today trying to fix my game too.. no matter what the folder 100B7A24.oxyna_1.0.7.0_x64__wyfsmff9ynw7j on folder WindowsApps.... i cant become owner of it (I can play once download 70gb, then when i close game it will never open ever again) My friend that was able to play once restarted his pc once and had to redownload everything also i highly think they don't even care about any of us... i wish u will save some people when you are done with powershell scripts... but sadly for sure microsoft wont bat an eye about any of us in this forum post...

So... F for this NA launch..

ps: i used TakeOwnershipEx program to make me be the owner of that folder.. but now it says "you need permission of (myself-pc) to make changes in this folder"

We shouldn't have to hack the game into a workable version FOR THEM... THAT'S THEIR JOB.

updated first post. I am taking a break from this for the night good luck everyone. I will work on this again tomorrow after work if someone else hasnt figured out a fix

rest well friend, hopefully you will be a big help for many of people in this struggle... after 1 entire day and abit of today trying to fix these permissions, both me and my friend try harding to fix this.... we both are almost fully giving up on the game..

If i really want to play a good PSO2 i might just download japanese with pso2 tweaker... wonder if microsoft will care to fix most of this BS that is happening just to be able to play the game..

well after my 10th install/ uninstall, and reinstalled win 10 for the 4th time, it is working for me seemed like a longer dl than usual tho, only thing that is different in my case is i didnt install avast antivirus , my install is on my d: drive which is where i installed numerous times b4..

@RUDEFOXS said in FIX: Working on creating a bundle of powershell scripts to enable players to play the game after restarting PC:

well after my 10th install/ uninstall, and reinstalled win 10 for the 4th time, it is working for me seemed like a longer dl than usual tho, only thing that is different in my case is i didnt install avast antivirus , my install is on my d: drive which is where i installed numerous times b4..

Avast is a free AV isn't it? I would never trust a free AV. They normally cause more harm than good.