Windows Store not even working now.

So i was finally able to get back the space on my hard drive the game had taken up by deleting the app folder thingy like was mentioned now the windows store will not even work properly it will not even let me install the game : /. I really would just like to play I spent $60 on this game T_T can any one help?

you diddnt delete it on c did you?

What folder did you delete? WindowsApps, ModifiableWindowsApps, pso2_bin, or the mutable directory, etc.If you deleted WindowsApps or ModifiableWindowsApps, that is your problem, since it has nowhere to install anything. You should be able to fix it by resetting the MS Store: https://winaero.com/blog/reset-windows-store-windows-10/

@Ragnawind said in Windows Store not even working now.:

What folder did you delete? WindowsApps, ModifiableWindowsApps, pso2_bin, or the mutable directory, etc.If you deleted WindowsApps or ModifiableWindowsApps, that is your problem, since it has nowhere to install anything. You should be able to fix it by resetting the MS Store: https://winaero.com/blog/reset-windows-store-windows-10/

I believe its the Modifible widnows apps but I didn't delete the folder itself just what was in the folder in hindsite I should have paid more attention too which file I was deleting I was just super frustrated : /

@Ragnawind So to answer your question Ideleted everything in the ModifiableWindowsApps and everything in the Windowsapps folder is still there I tried both sugguestions you posted but nothing seems to be working at the moment

I have the same problem too. Deleted the PSO2_bin file in the WindowsApps, mutable and mutablebackup. Already tried resetting the store through setting and powershell. Still doesn't work.

I've seen a few options that relate to resetting the store however that doesn't seem to be an option for me. 68b129aa-29e6-478c-a8a1-7b7b3f7a6422-image.png

Trying to reset through powershell gives me this: aa12fceb-c54c-4206-8e4d-6c167d381e42-image.png

It sounds like the Microsoft Store got corrupted somehow. If possible, you may want to try doing an in-place upgrade of Windows 10 from a Windows 10 backup media. It should keep files and programs while resetting and re-installing all default Windows 10 apps and initializing their settings..

@K-Antarius this is what happend to me the thing that has changed is the fact it is giving me the option of where to install but now I'm getting "try again later something happend on our end "

@Ragnawind I am doijg a system restore right now as we speak i went to eun some errands so I'm hoping this fixes the problem I really don't want to have to do an entire PC restore from factory default just to get another attempt to run this game T_T.....

@K-Antarius

So i just wanna say I ended up doing a system restore to a point before i installed the game and that seems to have fixed all of my issues with the app store and I am not going to even bother trying to reinstall the game until I get any update from them initially

I swear SEGA / Microsoft should give everybody $60 worth of stuff for free to compensate for all of this. In 2020 it's unacceptable that something like this should happen.

@Pairamedic

I agree I am actually attempting a second install of the game and see if the game just vasnishes again now that I know I have a restore point if the second time it does vanish I am jsut going to restore it again and not bother with it until they fix the random vanishing from our systems.

@WolfsOcean said in Windows Store not even working now.:

@Pairamedic

I agree I am actually attempting a second install of the game and see if the game just vasnishes again now that I know I have a restore point if the second time it does vanish I am jsut going to restore it again and not bother with it until they fix the random vanishing from our systems.

I have not tried a second install yet, I managed to get rid of the other one but ran into this error today too.

Yeah I dont blame you for not knowing, these files shouldn't even be in the windowsapps folder to begin with, the whole microsoft store install thing is SO JANKY dude.

Install ANY microsoft store game to a different drive, the microsoft store is plagued with problems through and through, if you wanna use it just have them on a different drive that you can easily format if something goes terribly wrong.