pc beta?

@SamuraiCrazy said in Seriously, now when and where is the PC release?:

From the twitter page

"Phantasy Star Online 2 (NA) @play_pso2 · 16h Replying to @StarrWorship and @Xbox Hi there, the PC version is still on target for release in Spring 2020. Our efforts are focused on the Xbox One Open Beta Test at the moment, we apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience, we are working on getting PC players some news as soon as possible."

Posted 15hrs ago.

not a thing against you at all, but they (sega) could have avoided ALL the strife by simply putting the information ON THEIR SITE from the get-go instead of playing juvenile 13 year old girl on twitter for the past couple months.

@MEGAF1UX said in Seriously, now when and where is the PC release?:

From the twitter page

"Phantasy Star Online 2 (NA) @play_pso2 · 16h Replying to @StarrWorship and @Xbox Hi there, the PC version is still on target for release in Spring 2020. Our efforts are focused on the Xbox One Open Beta Test at the moment, we apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience, we are working on getting PC players some news as soon as possible."

Posted 15hrs ago.

not a thing against you at all, but they (sega) could have avoided ALL the strife by simply putting the information ON THEIR SITE from the get-go instead of playing juvenile 13 year old girl on twitter for the past couple months.

Or you could get with the times and realize twitter has been the primary posting spot for all big releases. Even Wildstar released using twitter. Even alot CS is on twitter and will get you a faster response than putting in a ticket. Nothing will be posted on the official site till it is ironclad.

While yes, I miss the type of dev response from games like Marvel Heroes and the constant contact....... you really can't expect that when the majority of the dev team speaks a different language. You get what you get, especially pre launch.

From the twitter page

Posted 15hrs ago.

Or you could get with the times and realize twitter has been the primary posting spot for all big releases. Even Wildstar released using twitter. Even alot CS is on twitter and will get you a faster response than putting in a ticket. Nothing will be posted on the official site till it is ironclad.

While yes, I miss the type of dev response from games like Marvel Heroes and the constant contact....... you really can't expect that when the majority of the dev team speaks a different language. You get what you get, especially pre launch.

the "times" have devolved into idiocy and and juvenile delusions run amok, so i just as soon NOT "get with them" (you do realize i have been using a computer longer than youve been alive right?) since that is what i would have to deal with. twitter is an official source of stupidity, NOT news! nothing of actual value happens there. dont get me wrong, if stale memes and stupid comments were what i was looking for i would look on twitter, for actual information i (and most intelligent humans) look elsewhere.

have you even considered how profoundly idiotic it sounds that you would use twitter for support!? its a third party app! its not even remotely what its there for (and im sure you dont know what it IS there for) and is completely inefficient!

wildstar was doomed before it ever had a chance, im not going to blame it entirely on twitter... but i am saying sega should do WAY better. there is literally a place in this forum for "announcements" it would not kill them to actually use it for such.

I feel that sega know what there doing. they too focus on the XBOX one atm, give some time I know they make this work, also I feel more safe that Microsoft store is better choose. I mean let give support to the GM and Admin and share your feedback and reports on the next 2nd Open Beta, I mean we are so lucky to even get Windows Version for PSO2.

@MEGAF1UX said in pc beta?:

From the twitter page

Posted 15hrs ago.

the "times" have devolved into idiocy and and juvenile delusions run amok, so i just as soon NOT "get with them" (you do realize i have been using a computer longer than youve been alive right?) since that is what i would have to deal with. twitter is an official source of stupidity, NOT news! nothing of actual value happens there. dont get me wrong, if stale memes and stupid comments were what i was looking for i would look on twitter, for actual information i (and most intelligent humans) look elsewhere.

have you even considered how profoundly idiotic it sounds that you would use twitter for support!? its a third party app! its not even remotely what its there for (and im sure you dont know what it IS there for) and is completely inefficient!

wildstar was doomed before it ever had a chance, im not going to blame it entirely on twitter... but i am saying sega should do WAY better. there is literally a place in this forum for "announcements" it would not kill them to actually use it for such.

A lot of your remarks can literally be summarized to "we live in a society" meme. Those who don't adapt to the times get left behind. Regardless of what you think this is how we're evolving with information. Whether it's good or bad would all come down to perspective.

As for your remark on "consoles dying" they really aren't. It would be at Nintendo Wii U status if that was the case, but it just isn't. Add in all console sales and you'll see it's still booming far more than PC.

https://www.vgchartz.com/

Lool up the console sales and add them up together. That is far from death. And that's just this generation. Previous generations weren't dying either. You can honestly add mobile gaming as a console as well with some top notch games they have. Mobile Runescape comes to mind for that.

@GamerKillance said in pc beta?:

From the twitter page

Posted 15hrs ago.

A lot of your remarks can literally be summarized to "we live in a society" meme. Those who don't adapt to the times get left behind. Regardless of what you think this is how we're evolving with information. Whether it's good or bad would all come down to perspective.

As for your remark on "consoles dying" they really aren't. It would be at Nintendo Wii U status if that was the case, but it just isn't. Add in all console sales and you'll see it's still booming far more than PC.

https://www.vgchartz.com/

Lool up the console sales and add them up together. That is far from death. And that's just this generation. Previous generations weren't dying either. You can honestly add mobile gaming as a console as well with some top notch games they have. Mobile Runescape comes to mind for that.

more delusions?

https://www.pcgamesn.com/pc-vs-console-sales

That isn't delusion. You're making a claim consoles are dying and the sales show otherwise. I never once denied that PC gaming wasn't on the rise, but consoles still outsell them due to costs alone. Even the link you posted shows no numbers to back up its claim.

I find it fascinating you used a very biased blog rather than sales numbers like I did. Is there a reason you arent posting the outright numbers for PC?

That isn't delusion. You're making a claim consoles are dying and the sales show otherwise. I never once denied that PC gaming wasn't on the rise, but consoles still outsell them due to costs alone. Even the link you posted shows no numbers to back up its claim.

I find it fascinating you used a very biased blog rather than sales numbers like I did. Is there a reason you arent posting the outright numbers for PC?

do you even know how a pc works? consoles CANT outsell them. you would have to count every pc sold + every gpu sold in a given year and compare those numbers to console sales IN THE SAME YEAR to get even close to relevant, but the truth is some people are gaming on pc that havent bought any new hardware in several years.

it doesnt matter what source i use you are going to be the console fanboy and call it biased anyways.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/51923/pc-gaming-continues-make-more-money-consoles/index.html

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/55607/pc-generated-442-more-revenue-consoles-2016/index.html

https://www.wepc.com/news/video-game-statistics/

just like nintendo fanboys pretend the switch is a valid "console". its not, its grossly underpowered as a console and its real competition is mobile, which means its getting absolutely destroyed by android and ios.

RIGHT NOW i can play ALL xbox exclusives on my pc and alot of playstation exclusives on my pc (gamepass+ playstation now) god of war, halo, persona, crapdown 3, horizon zero dawn.. whatever. SO the logic that "a console is cheaper than a pc" has officially flown out the window because now you have to compare the price of a pc to the cost of BOTH consoles. it doesnt end there though, you also have to replace controllers, charging stations, headsets, etc. with the new console.. meanwhile i can use ANY controller i want on pc, even the 20+ year old ones. pc also has things like ea access premier, uplay+, and humble monthly.. i mean when we arent paying atleast 20% less for games at launch anyways.

so why own a console? its not like you cant connect a pc to a tv, the games we are paying less for are of MUCH higher quality than their console counterparts (and we can use mods), and we have backwards compatibility dating back to the 70s!

why own a console? ignorance.

mobile is eating away at consoles, it doesnt eat away at pc though.

do you even know how a pc works? consoles CANT outsell them. you would have to count every pc sold + every gpu sold in a given year and compare those numbers to console sales IN THE SAME YEAR to get even close to relevant, but the truth is some people are gaming on pc that havent bought any new hardware in several years.

it doesnt matter what source i use you are going to be the console fanboy and call it biased anyways.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/51923/pc-gaming-continues-make-more-money-consoles/index.html

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/55607/pc-generated-442-more-revenue-consoles-2016/index.html

just like nintendo fanboys pretend the switch is a valid "console". its not, its grossly underpowered as a console and its real competition is mobile, which means its getting absolutely destroyed by android and ios.

RIGHT NOW i can play ALL xbox exclusives on my pc and alot of playstation exclusives on my pc (gamepass+ playstation now) god of war, halo, persona, crapdown 3, horizon zero dawn.. whatever. SO the logic that "a console is cheaper than a pc" has officially flown out the window because now you have to compare the price of a pc to the cost of BOTH consoles. it doesnt end there though, you also have to replace controllers, charging stations, headsets, etc. with the new console.. meanwhile i can use ANY controller i want on pc, even the 20+ year old ones. pc also has things like ea access premier, uplay+, and humble monthly.. i mean when we arent paying atleast 20% less for games at launch anyways.

so why own a console? its not like you cant connect a pc to a tv, the games we are paying less for are of MUCH higher quality than their console counterparts (and we can use mods), and we have backwards compatibility dating back to the 70s!

Alot of truth here. PC is the master race for a reason.

@AnonMarc said in pc beta?:

@MEGAF1UX Modifying a game to work with a completely new login system, translate all the text to another language, voice act all NPCs that speak, removing things that are not licensed on the region, removing and or tweaking systems that are outdated (kept on JP for reasons) and much much more. This stuff introduces a plethora worth of bugs that not even i can comprehend. Then on top of that add a new team of developers (im assuming they hired a dedicated NA team) that have probably never worked with this in house engine you can see how some things can get out of hand. Give them some credit they have done great work and i expect the OBT to be quite close to release given the CBT looked decent in comparison to others that ive seen.

This guy deploys

So you can't back up the sales, but only the revenue which doesn't seem to be accurate on your end since the links all have different numbers with an opinion attached to them.

As for money with PC's costing well over 1000$ it doesn't surprise me that they beat consoles in revenue for hardware since they're half the price of a low end PC FOR THE BEST CONSOLE. But funny enough I keep saying add them all together for consoles and not just one specific one. Doing that you'll find that console sales are higher than PC. For some of reason you only shift your attention to Xbox while ignoring the others. Ps4, Nintendo switch, xbox one, 3ds, and even the PS vita are all consoles. Add them together and they vastly defeat PC numbers which is what I've been arguing.

Not sure if you're realized this, but PC gets focused in one spot for sales while consoles are spread out for sales due to manufacturers.

@GamerKillance @MEGAF1UX what if I told you...

People have their own personal preferences

@Seedenator said in pc beta?:

It continues to amaze me that folks go to all the trouble of setting up a website, with news, forums, etc. and post all the information that people are clamoring for elsewhere.

Some of us do not use twitter, will never.

To this day, I think the founder of twitter is laughing at all the twits. 🙂 (since twit is so obviously the word for "user of twitter") 🙂

Agreed!

@Rantious said in pc beta?:

That's absolutely fine. Making the claim one is dying is straight false information. Consoles nor PC's aren't dying and consoles have higher sales from cheapness alone. That is what is being argued.

@Rantious said in pc beta?:

alt text