pc beta?

@AnonMarc i mean.. some would say an industry veteran would have to be capable OF working under a deadline. i know coding isnt as easy as building a house for example, but what they are doing isnt exactly building a game either, its RETROFITTING a game that has existed for 8 years to run on different servers (and in a different ecosystem which may be why there was no pc test).

@MEGAF1UX Modifying a game to work with a completely new login system, translate all the text to another language, voice act all NPCs that speak, removing things that are not licensed on the region, removing and or tweaking systems that are outdated (kept on JP for reasons) and much much more. This stuff introduces a plethora worth of bugs that not even i can comprehend. Then on top of that add a new team of developers (im assuming they hired a dedicated NA team) that have probably never worked with this in house engine you can see how some things can get out of hand. Give them some credit they have done great work and i expect the OBT to be quite close to release given the CBT looked decent in comparison to others that ive seen.

Windows 10 user here. I don't actually have an Xbox One, but for years i've been meaning to try PSO2- but i wasn't too much of a fan of jumping through all those hoops to just play the Japanese version.

I was incredibly excited to see it coming to the west, even if there's no Pacific servers [I'm from Australia] but it was a shame to see there's no Windows 10 western version just yet- though i'm fine with waiting, i was just curious if there had actually been any word from the developers on that. Have they said anything about their plans or what to expect? Or are we in the dark for now?

The only thing we know is that the twitter alluded to a Spring release for the Windows version, despite the website only saying (Coming Soon) everywhere. The most recent information (over a month ago) was in a reply to a tweet: https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1216820951188262912

Oh, shit. That's nice to know, thanks! Sorry if this question has been asked a whole lot btw. I wouldn't be surprised.

@Vyadei said in Windows 10 plans?:

Oh, shit. That's nice to know, thanks! Sorry if this question has been asked a whole lot btw. I wouldn't be surprised.

We have entire threads where a lot of PC players have asked when our beta / release was. (Not specifically a thread designated to PC either) Including the questions thread. I've mostly stopped asking for information, and have just started only replying to people / threads with "I couldn't play because I'm a PC player or will never own an Xbox."

@coldreactive said in pc beta?:

@Vyadei said in Windows 10 plans?:

We have entire threads where a lot of PC players have asked when our beta / release was. (Not specifically a thread designated to PC either) Including the questions thread. I've mostly stopped asking for information, and have just started only replying to people / threads with "I couldn't play because I'm a PC player or will never own an Xbox."

They went into details kinda saying when it involves several parties you can't just go and announce things. So you got the SEGA ppl, Xbox ppl, Steam ppl (if it's a thing). Things get planned enough ahead of time. I do feel the open beta will contain both the PC and Xbox versions because they need to make sure cross save and cross play are working properly.

I just want to confirm, NA PC players are once again being left behind on PSO2? 8 years is a long time and we will be waiting longer while our Xbox One counter parts advance in the game while we continue to wait?

I don't know what to say at this point but "crushing disappointment."

It hasn't been confirmed or denied whether or not PC would release later than XBOX One. The website saying Coming Soon under Windows 10 means nothing, also, since XBOX One said the same thing until Closed Beta.

@Rezo-Caspian Some things are not so well phrased and are best not taken too literally and come to immediate conclusion. We'll be getting some new information on the PC version soon down the line... maybe when we have information on the Open Beta released.

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1216820951188262912?s=20 https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1226556782471892992?s=20

So far what we actually know is the following (from various tweets):

• "Later in 2020" was later stated to simply mean... the PC version releases after the Xbox One version with no details on whether that entailed the Closed Beta, Open Beta or Full Release.

• The PC version is still planned to release in 'Spring' and may not have a long wait period between the Xbox One version (https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1224100875464892418?s=20).

So ultimately we come down to a couple of scenarios on how the PC version is being handled.

• The PSO2 Team never once specified what the Xbox One version entails... the game 'launched' on Xbox One in the form of the Closed Beta and we may see the PC version available during Open Beta. The mention of "We'll like to welcome our PC players as well" seems to indicate this could be the case... either that or the next scenario.

• Open Betas are often treated as soft launches which makes sense when you think of how much was restricted in the Closed Beta (if Microtransaction is working in Open Beta, that means it will be when SEGA starts making money off of the game). Open Betas also don't last for long and have the game's full launch shortly after... in Japan PSO2's Full Release happened a mere two days after the Beta. In this scenario, PSO2's PC version would launch after the Open Beta during the game's full launch. Since again, Open Betas usually don't last for long, and the Full Game comes immediately after, that last statement about "Finally welcoming PC players" can still hold true.

• Or of course, the 'literal scenario' that comes to people's mind when they see the comment... the game will have its Open Beta and Full release on Xbox One and we won't hear from the PC version for several months but still within "Spring" (late March-May).

All these are just speculations... as you can see its kinda hard to come to an immediate conclusion. Best to save actual complaints once we have more details on how the PC version will be handled but as it stands now... not only do we not know anything about the PC version but the Xbox One version isn't playable yet to begin with!

In defence of the Closed Beta being exclusive to Xbox One... while server stress test could have included PC players (test having more loaded servers), the Closed Beta was also most likely meant to test the Xbox One client for bugs that could have been introduced in the porting process (which for the record... some did pop up).

i mean.. atleast microsoft can say they still have an xbox exclusive.

Wondering about this myself.

You should be glad steps were taken to get it over West finally. Did you forget that Microsoft is a business? I am all about pleasing fans, but I am sure they wanted Xbox to get first dibs, before it filters out to others. And the fact that this game is coming to Steam should say a lot too. Get a Xbox to play then transfer over to PC..or don't and wait.

@Leonkh99 Great job on posting that tweet about PC Spring release. I didn't see that before. That's good to know.

@GM-Rappie @GM-Deynger

Any chance of at least giving an hint if news about PC is coming sooner rather than later? (aka like this week, when more details about OBT probably comes)

ლ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°ლ)