[PC] Here's what I think is happening when you install the game from MS Store

Hey guys. So now that I'm able to play (didn't restart my computer yet so I pray, you should backup the pso2_bin folder I've seen people for which it worked and saved them hours), I'm giving you guys my findings and what I think is happening. Keep in mind that I'm only speaking of experience and talk with the community. This topic is here to help with troubleshooting.

So basically this is what happens : It creates 2 NTFS junctions folders and 2 actual folders. 1 for the launcher and 1 for the pso2_bin / full game.

So, in my case, I told Microsoft Store to install it in E:/ Now what it did at this point is, it created a NTFS junction point in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\100B7A24.oxyna1.0.7.0x64_wyfsmff9ynw7j that forwards it to the actual folder with the launcher at E:\WindowsApps\100B7A24.oxyna_1.0.7.0_x64_wyfsmff9ynw7

Then after running the launcher and downloading everything, getting past both the 1813 and 104 errors by changing ownership of files and stuff then the Powershell commands that got rid of my vivoxdsk.dll missing issue,

- BREATHES

The game fully installed in E:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\pso2_bin BUT always with his little NTFS junction companion at C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Mutable\100B7A24.oxyna_1.0.7.0_x64_wyfsmff9ynw7j, virtually "taking" 70GB of space there too.

So here you have it. Hopefully it helps some of you. I wish we could delete the first launcher as we don't need it anymore (the pso2launcher.exe that is running when launching the game from the Start Menu is indeed in the pso2_bin folder not the other/first one)

🙏

All i know was i was trying to get rid of it as it wont launch and it fully deleted itself the launcher app of 11gigs and the pso2bin of 54gigs.