Still no official response?

@GM-Deynger A response would be great after we've gotten the fix. There seriously is no excuse for the game to be deleting itself from people's hard drives.

Also, i think most of us know its out of the GMs hands in regards to fixing the issue, but the GMs are the community's only mouth piece to the ones that are in charge, so we have to make ourselves heard so that they can relay our frustrations to them so that this can be fixed as quickly as possible.

@Peacewalker1875 Seriously, I didn't think that was even possible. There's another thread floating around about someone noticing that the game was migrating itself to another drive then vanishing. I wonder if the people not having issues with that are running single drives? I had that problem this morning but I have 3 drives so maybe?

@GM-Deynger no offense but at least there should had at least a official response saying you all were looking into it and will return when everything were tested, it wouldn't prevent the chaos happening but at least reduce it a little bit

@skinwalker00556 I can confirm my laptop has two drives C : being the SSD and OS

D : is my extra. Friends I know who have had 0 problems only have one drive.

@Jamesmor Yes, my thoughts exactly. They should've said...literally ANYTHING...instead silence for over 24 hours and still no real "response" to the issues and what is being done to remedy the situation. Funny how everything suddenly needs to be "thoroughly tested"...that might've helped BEFORE launching the game to XBOX Emulator...or whatever hack job this is...

@skinwalker00556 said in Still no official response?:

@Peacewalker1875 Seriously, I didn't think that was even possible. There's another thread floating around about someone noticing that the game was migrating itself to another drive then vanishing. I wonder if the people not having issues with that are running single drives? I had that problem this morning but I have 3 drives so maybe?

I can confirm this is not the problem since a friend has at least 3 drives and he had exactly zero problems.

I really have no idea what is going on.

@Peacewalker1875 See that makes sense then. I forced the installation to my Games drive but it installed on my OS drive. After the install completed I logged in to check on my character then logged out, went to bed and shut down. If I shut down while the client was migrating then I may have lost all that data or the pathing is lost at the very least. Also @Jamesmor is absolutely correct. Most if not all of us are used to MMO launches so we know what to expect, this has been another level of botched however and the longer the silence lasts the more people will go find something else to play.

@Ephemiel Boo, and nothing about this makes any sense

I haven't had anything of migrating drives, though by C drive is a much smaller SSD so that might help? No real idea since alot of the issues have just been bizzare overall. I have had my launcher delete itself/and am just having trouble with gameguard after an initial successful run. Others have it much worse off than me.

@Reo There is a Twitter post saying they're looking into it/forwarding error codes from about 24ish hours ago. Though it wasn't pinned/was a reply. There are several things that should have been done, but those decisions are above the person running the twitter account's/forum GM's head. Including issuing any official response as an announcement I bet.

All i'm saying is, try not to take things out on the forum GM. Frustration and anger is warranted for whats going on, but they're not the ones to direct it at.

@GM-Deynger said in Still no official response?:

We're going to have an official response to this, it's just important that everything be tested thoroughly before we do.

Releasing this ONLY on the microsoft store *Thus having all files LOCKED and unable to be moved between drives/pc's" Literally ruined this launch, I cant even play because i had to take my laptop elsewhere to download it on reliable download speeds, but its impossible to transfer the gamee of my laptop to my PC, like i can with literally every other game. The microsoft store exclusive will be this games downfall.

if they just use a normal login instead a connection with the shit store or whatever system is behind this...

BattleNet login -> Accountname + Password EpicGames -> Acc. + Pw Steam -> Acc. + Pw Origin -> Acc. + Pw

Pso2 .... some connecting shit with shit store oO

i tried to start the game via external Launcher from some one who uploaded the files. There was not a sigle problem... launcher starts fine, updateing just fine, game starts just fine but then you cant enter the game cuz there is no acc. and tap for acc. switch doesnt work.

@GM-Deynger for the error too?

@GM-Deynger said in Still no official response?:

We're going to have an official response to this, it's just important that everything be tested thoroughly before we do.

Thanks for AT LEAST telling us this, But honestly don't take a full week to post this said response... we need it BADLY and we needed an actual fix like, yesterday, quite literally.

don't get me wrong though, I know you guys aren't some sort of super saiyan race of Hedgehog that can develop a fix in a matter of seconds, y'all are still humans just like us, but this should've been tested BEFORE the actual Launch, not DURING when everyone was hammering the download servers to get in... This is not the first time that happens either, you guys should know better than anyone that launching a game without proper open beta testing is a big no go, ESPECIALLY when the store you're releasing it on is KNOWN to have dumb errors like these to begin with.

Overall, I appreciate you coming out to tell us that a fix and a response IS coming, but do BETTER next time, because this is not gonna cut it for PC

@GM-Deynger in my case i need an alternative download for the launcher...the store doesn´t let me load the 11gb file Q.Q the alternative launcher file from an other player worked fine by my brother ( he has the same problem like me) alternative launcher file and the option to set up your ms acc by log-in whould solve every problems.