Purchased AC, Charged but never received AC

I have proof of purchase and didn't receive the 500 AC i bought. Its been about and hour or so since i purchased it and dont really know if it needs more time to process or if its supposed to be instantaneous.

Did it ever come to you? I've received the same issue, with both the sonic collab upgrade and the $30 dollar AC purchase, sent a ticket in to PSO2 support yesterday, still waiting on response back, will probably be calling the MS support on Monday if I don't get a response.

@Renekou3565 said in Purchased AC, Charged but never received AC:

Did it ever come to you? I've received the same issue, with both the sonic collab upgrade and the $30 dollar AC purchase, sent a ticket in to PSO2 support yesterday, still waiting on response back, will probably be calling the MS support on Monday if I don't get a response.

AC =/= campaign items

Bought Campaign items are gotten through the visiphone. AC is given directly to you after a few minutes of purchasing it.

I've not gotten either the direct AC, or any items from the sonic collab pack. I've checked every inventory in the game, and every option on the visphone. It's annoying, but I'm sure I'll eventually get my stuff.

@Renekou3565 Same here, I've already contacted MS they won't help you on this case. All they would ever offer you is a refund. This is a problem the PSO2 devs must address and must handle this situation. Through my experience, I've purchased a 500 AC and still have not received it within 3 days. This game has been super buggy for PC players ever since release.

I had the same problem today. Do you guys have multiple E-mail addresses registered to your Microsoft account? I have and i noticed that my receipt email went to the email address that inst my primary one. I'm going to try getting a refund and then remove the second email address then re-purchase.

I have everything signed up through the same email. I even checked another email that I use sparingly just incase. I put in a ticket with PSO2 on saturday, still no acknowledgement, but with server congestion and other issues I'm sure they're probably having, I see my issue as an annoyance that will get resolved eventually. Just trying to be patient at this time.

@Renekou3565 i managed to get it refunded from Microsoft easily enough in less than 24hrs. I sorted my email addresses out and tested it by getting the 20 star gems for $1 but they still didnt go through. 😞 I just want to buy more inventory space. I submitted a ticket and wont be trying again until i get a response.

I would open up a support ticket if after looking through your inventory and your visiphone you still don't have the items.

I found out why i cant purchase AC. For some reason windows has logged me into the game with an old account that i no longer use. No idea why this happened as its not the account i use on my ms store or the xbox gamepass app. Anyway to check what email/Xbox live account you are using. Log out and press tab on the "press enter key" screen.

Joegun, you're a genius. Thank you!

@joegun7276 Ah glad it worked out.

This worked! Everyone, make sure you're signed into the correct account in the App Store when buying the AC.

@Algestes said in Purchased AC, Charged but never received AC:

This worked! Everyone, make sure you're signed into the correct account in the App Store when buying the AC.

This is not a fix. Its random. I only have one appstore/xbox account

I've made multiple transactions some work others dont.