Better Anti-Aliasing?

@BLaCKnBLu3B3RRY Luma sharpening was my go to when adaptive sharpening was too taxing, now days the Radeon image sharpening is my go to and its amazing.

Alright so I finally figured it out why the game looks so Jaggy... there's a clear difference between Virtual Fullscreen & Fullscreen.

Fullscreen looks way smoother while... Virtual Fullscreen looks like if was 720p stretched out to 1080p levels of jaggies. I don't know why there's that distinct of a difference between 1080p Virtual Fullscreen vs. 1080p Fullscreen. Does anyone know where to fix this or make it look equal to each other...? Virtual Fullscreen is too convenient while Fullscreen is just WAAAAYYY gorgeous, especially with reshader options.

@Kaneco said in Better Anti-Aliasing?:

Alright so I finally figured it out why the game looks so Jaggy... there's a clear difference between Virtual Fullscreen & Fullscreen.

Fullscreen looks way smoother while... Virtual Fullscreen looks like if was 720p stretched out to 1080p levels of jaggies. I don't know why there's that distinct of a difference between 1080p Virtual Fullscreen vs. 1080p Fullscreen. Does anyone know where to fix this or make it look equal to each other...? Virtual Fullscreen is too convenient while Fullscreen is just WAAAAYYY gorgeous, especially with reshader options.

this is most likely from the desktop DPI scaling. either must set to 100%, or change the game from virtual to regular fullscreen in the config file. this will be the same for any app installed from the MSStore.

virtual fullscreen is borderless windowed, from what i can tell. which would be dependent on desktop resolution. even if your DPI is 100%, if desktop resolution is lower than what you want in the game, then graphics level may appear to be lower than expected.

there other potential reasons, such as GPU scaling configuration and desktop resolution vs native resolution of display. for me, it was DPI scaling that made the game look really bad.

@Kaneco did u check the user.pso2 file to make sure its using the correct rez?

Windows = {

Width3d = 3440,

Height3d = 1440,

DisplayNo = 0,

Width = 3440,      <<<<-----

DisableMemoryOptimize = false,

FullScreen = false,

Height = 1440,     <<<<----

VirtualFullScreen = true,

DisableDirectX9Ex = false,

ManagedDevice = false,

I use virtual full screen and it looks the same as full screen mode.

What's your DPI percentage on display? I think he's right and it has everything to do with DPI scaling. The game at Virtual Fullscreen is at the mercy of DPI scaling. Had it at 125% and that's why it looked so jaggy, but when setting it to 100%... it makes it look the same as 1080p regular Fullscreen.

If you DPI is more or less than 100%, then you might be on to something that I want to try out. 🙂

But for now... I'll just have to get used to temporarily lowering my DPI scale to 100% on the monitor I'm playing the game for the time being, every time I boot up the game.

Always had it at 100%. With the lack of a supper high rez display ive had no use for that setting, also eye sight is on the acceptable-ish range.

Yeah, that explains it. 100% DPI scaling will always match your Desktop resolution settings. Since I play at 1080p on my PSO2 Fullscreen settings... it matches when 100% DPI is set while my Desktop resolution is also 1080p for Virtual Fullscreen. That's why they look the same for me.

Thanks to microsoft nothing seems to work sadly, no nvidia control pannel, no nvidia freestyle, no nvidia inspector 😕 guess we have to live with crappy AA.

also the dpi thing isnt really a AA related issue but more of a resolution one as virtual fullscreen tends to put pso2 in 640p