AN UNEXPECTED ERROR OCCURRED [ NP1013 ]

Hi,

after a struggle downloading and updating the game, i was fianlly able to launch it and play it. However I randomly get this error code:

AN UNEXPECTED ERROR OCCURRED [ NP1013 ]

https://ibb.co/7vyprqD

I already tried deleting the GameGuard folder, and the launcher download new GameGuard files, but i still have the same problem.

I have no antivirus installed, only windows defender.

I know how to get the dump files, i just need to know where to upload them so i can get a resolution.

Still same issues

What a piece of crap software. This is just as bad/worse than DRM thats only effect is to hurt customers.

I'm having the same issue. Running Windows inside Parallels Desktop, and NP1013 happens after about 30 - 60 seconds of execution.

• No key-mapping tools.
  • No extra utilities.
  • Steam has been turned off.
  • PSO2 permissions have been fixed.
  • Tweaker's "fix GameGuard" has been ran.
  • All the coherence utilities of Parallels have been disabled.
  • Steam has been disabled.
  • Game has redownloaded fresh copies of assets.
  • Bare Windows Enterprise-based instillation (Version up from Pro)
  • Latest stable Windows build
  • DEP enabled
  • No third party antivirus
  • Microsoft Power Toys has been uninstalled.
  • Community GameGuard patch has been attempted

This is maddening. No game should have this many problems…

Currently trying to install the game VIA the tweaker instead, in hopes its installation is more stable. This is infuriating,

My gf is getting this error on the character creation screen. https://i.imgur.com/cHAx7uN.png

She is playing on the Steam version just like me but everytime she is creating a character that error appears and the game shuts down.

We tried to delete Gameguard files and download the files again.

We also tried closing every other program on the taskbar and even disabling the antivirus but she gets this error everytime.

Any fix for this?

you may got that error when a program is overlaying the screen, like Geforce Experience, Afterburner, Gamebar, Mirilis Action or something like that, disable the overlay may solve that error.

@YumiNub said in AN UNEXPECTED ERROR OCCURRED [ NP1013 ]:

you may got that error when a program is overlaying the screen, like Geforce Experience, Afterburner, Gamebar, Mirilis Action or something like that, disable the overlay may solve that error.

We tried that yesterday.. maybe the gamebar or even the steam overlay could be the reason.

We will test later and report back. Thanks for the info.

I confirm that this can be due to an overlay issue. I had no issue with the game untill tonight. Trying to figure out what was going on I noticed that my ACT metter for FF14 was still running.

Turned it off, back to normal ~

@B-178-Klank said in AN UNEXPECTED ERROR OCCURRED [ NP1013 ]:

I confirm that this can be due to an overlay issue. I had no issue with the game untill tonight. Trying to figure out what was going on I noticed that my ACT metter for FF14 was still running.

Turned it off, back to normal ~

I can confirm the overlay thing as well. Several years back the devs explained that error code: NP1013 was caused by overlays interacting with the game. I have all my overlays turned off except for my FFXIV ACT parser. I closed it completely in task manager and now my game runs totally fine.