Unable to delete ModifiableWindowsApps

I cannot delete ModifiableWindowsApps no permission. also the others folders such as WindowsApps. What to do? i need space to reinstall when this is fixed.

@DryestCupid186 I ran into this issue as well. I think the best way is the uninstall from the windows store. IF you need a workaround from that, I was able to assign my user as the folder owner (and sub folder) then delete them. I will warn, thatI have no idea what other issues that would cause with other apps and permissions.

Same issue here, I did manage to delete PSO2 folder from WindowsApps but i have two files, each probably the size of the game (60GB-ish?) sitting in my hard drive. I am unable to delete them, the path goes roughly ProgramFiles/ModifiableWindowsApps for both. So far as I've seen on the forums the recommended action is to change permissions on those folders through Properties>Security>Advanced>Change Ownership - thing is, I can's do that. Trying to change ownership of ModifiableWindowsApps, the pso2_bin folder itself or just single files within is met with the message of me not having permissions to do so. Problem? I do have the permissions, I am the owner of said file, I've given myself full control over them in the options.

Each time I try to interact with the files in any way a message pops up informing me I need the administrator's rights to do anything with them, but I am the administrator - thus I can't give myself the rights? I'm lost here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I've spent a sizable chunk of my time trying to first make the game work, and then simply to get rid of unusable data taking away space on my PC. Resetting the PC after claiming ownership of the game files didn't help either, at this point I really just want the game off my PC.

052e6fa1-3595-4cdf-a954-b3bd6f5b956b-image.png

Can't change owner.

@arknominal said in Unable to delete ModifiableWindowsApps:

Same issue here, I did manage to delete PSO2 folder from WindowsApps but i have two files, each probably the size of the game (60GB-ish?) sitting in my hard drive. I am unable to delete them, the path goes roughly ProgramFiles/ModifiableWindowsApps for both. So far as I've seen on the forums the recommended action is to change permissions on those folders through Properties>Security>Advanced>Change Ownership - thing is, I can's do that. Trying to change ownership of ModifiableWindowsApps, the pso2_bin folder itself or just single files within is met with the message of me not having permissions to do so. Problem? I do have the permissions, I am the owner of said file, I've given myself full control over them in the options.

Each time I try to interact with the files in any way a message pops up informing me I need the administrator's rights to do anything with them, but I am the administrator - thus I can't give myself the rights? I'm lost here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I've spent a sizable chunk of my time trying to first make the game work, and then simply to get rid of unusable data taking away space on my PC. Resetting the PC after claiming ownership of the game files didn't help either, at this point I really just want the game off my PC.

Same problem here, I can't seem to get the right permissions to delete these extra files, even if I give "Everyone" permissions apparently that doesn't include me lol...xxxx.png

Any support or ideas would be appreciated, the game still wants to install more but I'm out of space to even try that..

@Quissy7z said in Unable to delete ModifiableWindowsApps:

@arknominal said in Unable to delete ModifiableWindowsApps:

Same problem here, I can't seem to get the right permissions to delete these extra files, even if I give "Everyone" permissions apparently that doesn't include me lol...xxxx.png

Any support or ideas would be appreciated, the game still wants to install more but I'm out of space to even try that..

Guys try wsreset.exe in run command..It deletes the game. Let me know if it works.

The best way to do this is to change the permissions for the WindowsApps Folder (The Parent Folder) And make sure it's set to do the same for all subfolders. That's what's worked for me.