Make your own launcher, microsoft store is a fucking shit

Tons of persons are having issues downloading the game I spent more than 15 hours trying to download it and all I got was problems and more problems, first "error couldn't download the latest version" then the fucking error 1813 and when I solved it the game didn't even launch, so I tried to uninstall it but what happened? OH I can't even uninstall this game because is so full of bugs and now I have 124gb useless in my disk, thank you PSO2

As if they are going to reply . They are radio silence after all . Next news we will hear is rappy Friday I bet

Still having the download to latest version issue. For like, 15 hours like yourself. All I know is my disk is getting filled to the brim with this monstrosity. I don't know why the download couldn't be from the official website, that's what I hoped for.

It's unbelievable really.

To get rid of it first restart your PC.

You'll have to go to c:\programfiles and make sure under "view" at the top that you can see hidden folders.

Then you have to right click on windowsapps and click security at the top, then advanced.

You'll need to change ownership of this folder to administrators instead of "trustedinstaller" (do NOT check all subcontents here)

Once you've changed ownership to administrators you can get inside the folder.

The game (and all the botched installs) are located in a folder called "mutablebackup"

I believe the initial game is supposed to be located in "mutable" but it auto deletes every time there's a provblem and it tries to re-install itself. (So this folder will probably have nothing in it if you've come this far)

You'll have to right click on mutablebackup and click security at the top, then advanced.

Use the blue button once again to change ownership of the folder (AND CHECK THE BOX FOR ALL SUB CONTAINERS) to administrators. This will allow you access too all of the game's attempted install folders.

The folders inside mutablebackup have the word onyxa in them. There will be one for the initial download and one for the launcher's patch for every install. (2 per install)

You should be able to delete these now. It will tell you that some of the .pat files are system files and give you a warning but they're only related to PSO 2. If you have to skip some system files to delete then do that, restart your PC, then come back and delete the rest. I'm assuming because once you try to run the game it runs the f'ed up version of gameguard and as we all know you cant delete files if they're currently in use by a program.

I had tried to install the game multiple times so I went from around 473GB to 600GB+ once the space was freed up.

Good luck it sucks having to go through all of this for a botched release but if you really want to free up the space that's how you do it.

I honestly feel bad for everyone that's having issue. The game corrupt on me once and it took a bit a brute forcing a re-download but it's working great on my end. Someone on this forum has my near identical specs but run into errors left and right. I made an icon for it on my Desktop with the run command so I don't have to use the store to launch it.

@UniformOrca2954 said in Make your own launcher, microsoft store is a fucking shit:

Tons of persons are having issues downloading the game I spent more than 15 hours trying to download it and all I got was problems and more problems, first "error couldn't download the latest version" then the fucking error 1813 and when I solved it the game didn't even launch, so I tried to uninstall it but what happened? OH I can't even uninstall this game because is so full of bugs and now I have 124gb useless in my disk, thank you PSO2

They won't open new servers, what makes you think they'll make their own launcher?

Give it time. It ran fine for me a few times after reinstalling twice as well. The problem seems to happen when you exit the game and try to run it again the next day. Hopefully you can continue on with no problems but that's when it blew up for me after downloading the entire game twice. It runs fine directly after you've downloaded it. I could play now if I wanted to sit through another 8 hour download as well. They are going to have to come up with a way to delete all previous installs of the game when they fix it as well because many many people are sitting with 100GB+ of space taken up by the windowsapp/mutablebackup folder in program files due to how windows security works for those folders. Why you would want to install games in such a secure location blows my mind... especially coupled with a memory resident program like gameguard that can interfere with not only the install but actually launching the game.

Anyway I hope they figure it out. Was pretty sweet playing as a re-incarnation of Wren from PS3.