How to remove this malware ?

I want to uninstall everything and get my ssd space back 😑

Fastest and most effective way is to reinstall Windows unfortunately.

@KarmaKoko410 Hey, reinstalling windows is not the way to go. The way I uninstalled the game was to get admin rights on the folders of the game under "WindowsApps" (Hidden folder). then manualy deleting the files and restarting the computer. Make sure you remove the Backup in there aswell since after you manage to uninstall it saves the ENTIRE GAME in a backup folder with the same size that you must delete.

@SleepyTimes2007 said in How to remove this malware ?:

Is that a joke ?

@SleepyTimes2007 said in How to remove this malware ?:

LOL that is definitely NOT the way to fix this. You need to go and change the owner for the permissions of the WindowsApps folder to your user and not the installer bullshit. The game backs up in the WindowsApps shit and doubles if you reinstall.

@Unie said in How to remove this malware ?:

@KarmaKoko410 Hey, reinstalling windows is not the way to go. The way I uninstalled the game was to get admin rights on the folders of the game under "WindowsApps" (Hidden folder). then manualy deleting the files and restarting the computer. Make sure you remove the Backup in there aswell since after you manage to uninstall it saves the ENTIRE GAME in a backup folder with the same size that you must delete.

I think that might be one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard. I should have just stuck with the JP version, ugh. Stupid garbage Windows 10 app infrastructure.

I was struggling with deleting the files too. Turned off my pc and turned it back on again (restarting didin't work). Got almost 70gb back because the game download was doubled. I've been trying all day and nothing. Just wait for an official fix and try to delete eveything. Microsoft will not take responsibility for destroying your HD.

@manodalvizin said in How to remove this malware ?:

Turned off my pc and turned it back on again (restarting didin't work). Got almost 70gb back because the game download was doubled. I've been trying all day and nothing. Just wait for an official fix and try to delete eveything. Microsoft will not take responsibility for destroying your HD.

Yea that worked for me(first time I did that) then I tried to download POS online again, hoping it would finally let me play, but I just made it worse lul rn I'm now missing 11gb of disk space, even though I'm 100% sure that I've deleted all the game files, even those "hidden" folders. Didn't want to reinstall my windows, but I guess it's the only way to get rid of this nonsence.