PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......

@Blade-Syphon said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

(to say nothing of how badly done Stormblood's launch was, which SE flat out lied about saying it was due to over population, when in fact they purposefully were throttling the playerbase during early access)

Ah, the Stormblood launch, i still have nightmares. Thanks to the fact FFXIV uses different servers for pretty much everything, going into ANY dungeon or raid or anything was almost impossible for days, and since watching cutscenes or doing instanced story quests were ALSO on different servers, you couldn't do that either.

Raubahn Savage and its easier roadblock, Pippin Extreme. Good times. I remember when people were even exploiting with mounts, not to do the quest, but to clip through the invisible wall that prevented them from continuing just to keep seeing the game.

Also, you want to fix reviews in the MS Store and Steam? Easy. Make it so you HAVE to play to review it. Review bombing or angry players saying "this game sucks" when they've played for less than 20 minutes is ridiculous.

@Lorient1755 Honestly the game itself, and gameplay are great, however the Microsoft Store is making the game unsafe to play, and the reviews are reflecting that. For many of us, myself included, the game downloaded just fine initially. That's not the problem. The problem is that the game install files are saved in a secret folder that's restricted, even to the administrator. So you automatically lose about 60 gigs of hard drive space in addition to the game itself, which is in a different folder than the mutable backup install files folder, both hidden by the microsoft store. A lot of us can't uninstall the game through system, app settings, or microsoft store. It simply wont let most of us do that. Every time the pc restarts, the game has a chance of getting stuck in a re-install loop, causing it to download again, and add a copy of the download files, in addition to the previous ones. After restarting your computer about five times, you've lost hundreds of gigabytes. This has outright bricked a lot of peoples hard drives. I had to go online and find out how to finally force the game to uninstall, and then how to gain access to the secret folders microsoft store creates, performing a time consuming and frustrating procedure, to delete the 300+ gigabytes of hard drive space Microsoft store had stolen from my computer to hold multiple copies of the PSO2 install files (yes, I only removed the PSO2 install files, and nothing else). Had I restarted my computer just one or two more times, it would have bricked. This isn't a simple problem that can be solved with patience, while your computer dies a slow death. Options are delete the install file collection, and uninstall the game until they fix the microsoft store installer to prevent it from filling your hard drive back up again, or reformat your hard drive if you can't get to those files, or just buy a new hard drive, and reinstall windows on the new hard drive, because you let your pc brick by filling up your entire hard drive, and then letting it remain stuck in the install loop. So again. the game was/is great. Microsoft Store however, was doing too much harm to the hard drive to make the game worth the risk at the moment.

@RomBinHood said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

All of the Microsoft haters need to turn off their computers. To be quite frank, you don't even know why this issue was occurring.

PSO uses a virus for it's security, did you know that? You can complain about how locked down things are, but GameGuard and other copy protection systems go hand in hand with these walled gardens. If Microsoft didn't dump a bunch of money to bring this to us, you'd somehow complain less? Maybe what you SHOULD be doing is complaining to Valve, about why they didn't bring PSO2 years ago. Focus on that.

Huh. So why is microsoft shipping a virus with games?

And to those whining about review bombing the game. Remember that companies only fix stuff when monetary and public pressure is on them to do so.

@Necro4497 I had the game lose the executable for me and I was able to very easily get access to the remaining files. Maybe it's because I'm on Win10 Pro and have a legit copy of Windows?.

To everyone blaming Microsoft, it's SEGA you need to actually be mad at. It isn't the storefront that brought you the game that's to blame it's the game itself. How much of a hand Microsoft had in the port we don't know entirely, but most of the blame goes squarely on the developer not the provider.

@FlavorfulHen4 said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

To everyone blaming Microsoft, it's SEGA you need to actually be mad at. It isn't the storefront that brought you the game that's to blame it's the game itself. How much of a hand Microsoft had in the port we don't know entirely, but most of the blame goes squarely on the developer not the provider.

@Ezodagrom said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

@FlavorfulHen4 said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

You sure shut him up lol.

@Ephemiel said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

@Blade-Syphon said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

(to say nothing of how badly done Stormblood's launch was, which SE flat out lied about saying it was due to over population, when in fact they purposefully were throttling the playerbase during early access)

Ah, the Stormblood launch, i still have nightmares. Thanks to the fact FFXIV uses different servers for pretty much everything, going into ANY dungeon or raid or anything was almost impossible for days, and since watching cutscenes or doing instanced story quests were ALSO on different servers, you couldn't do that either.

Raubahn Savage and its easier roadblock, Pippin Extreme. Good times. I remember when people were even exploiting with mounts, not to do the quest, but to clip through the invisible wall that prevented them from continuing just to keep seeing the game.

Also, you want to fix reviews in the MS Store and Steam? Easy. Make it so you HAVE to play to review it. Review bombing or angry players saying "this game sucks" when they've played for less than 20 minutes is ridiculous.

This game deserves the 1.0 rating until they fix the launcher/Store issues.

@Openship4 said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

@Ephemiel said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

If only they could rate the store instead of the game.

@FlavorfulHen4 First of all. My copt of Microsoft is valid, and legal. I just bought my laptop, with windows 10 preloaded from MSI a month ago. I've done all the official microsoft updates, and my windows version is at the latest update, so thanks for your assumptions , but no, my copy is legal and up to date. Secondly. Sega has absolutely no control over the microsoft store storing files in hidden and permission locked folders. Sega has no control over whether the microsoft store recognizes the game as broken and redownloads it without removing the previous download files. Sega has no control over Microsoft store install loop bricking peoples computers. The only blame I can place on Sega, is that they chose to use the Microsoft Store in the first place. As for calling Microsoft Store, simply a storefront, you are incorrect. It takes ownership of whatever you buy from it, and it controls when it updates and downloads those things automatically. That's like telling someone to blame a video game developer, because everytime you go to the store to buy the game, the store clerk starts punching you in the face and setting your stuff on fire. The game developer has nothing to do with the bugs in the Microsoft Store.

@Ezodagrom Those are all 4 random Microsoft store errors that don't correlate to what's going on here except maybe the last one, but not even that. I could easily go find posts like that discussing issues with Steam, Epic, Bethesda, Origin, Ubisoft, GOG, and even Itch errors.

@Openship4 said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

That is one foolish way to ramble about. The game is Amazing. Review bombing it negative based on download alone is a terrible way to go about it. I gave 4 out 5 myself. Would be 5 if it was not for the ton Micro. But that's just F2P business.

People been waiting 8 years for the game to be localized. If you wish more Phantasy Star content in the future, it would be wise to actually doing reviews. Microsoft Store is one thing, the game being another thing.

@Pulptenks said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

That is one foolish way to ramble about. The game is Amazing. Review bombing it negative based on download alone is a terrible way to go about it. I gave 4 out 5 myself. Would be 5 if it was not for the ton Micro. But that's just F2P business.

People been waiting 8 years for the game to be localized. If you wish more Phantasy Star content in the future, it would be wise to actually doing reviews. Microsoft Store is one thing, the game being another thing.

Yo, please marry me. Ive been saying this to these people all week. Like imagine waiting 8 whole years just to show you hate it on day one and ruins its growth chances. If not for microsoft we wouldnt even have the game in US so I'm grateful in that aspect.

@Necro4497 Bro, calm down. I wasn't even saying, "All the people having issues are people that pirated Windows" that's you assuming and you know what they say about assumptions :^) The key part of that being that I'm on Windows 10 Pro, not Home. You didn't even say if YOU have Home or Pro.

As for the thing about the storefront, everything you just listed describes almost every digital storefront nowadays the only difference being you can choose to not open the other ones.

@Lwyu said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

Yo, please marry me.

Haha, already am thought!

@Lwyu said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

Like imagine waiting 8 whole years just to show you hate it on day one and ruins its growth chances. If not for microsoft we wouldnt even have the game in US so I'm grateful in that aspect.

Not only that. Microsoft were also the only doing with Phantasy Star Universe back in the days. And to be honest, I do prefer Microsoft being in charge of Phantasy Star Online 2 over a bad publisher such as My.com / Aeria Games / Gameforge or the others like it.

They at least working at the issues and caring for the community. They're not my favorite but still, you get the idea.

@FlavorfulHen4 I have Windows Home. Saw no point getting the PRO edition for business purposes, because I don't use my laptop for business. As for other launchers having the same problems, I use both Steam, and Epic Games. Neither of them store anything in secret folders that bar me access. If I chose to interact with those folders, I can do so easily, and I do, as I like to mod my single player pc games with developed mods. At no point have I ever had to waste hours seeking out, and changing ownership, and then permissions, of hidden files and folders. I've never had another game launching platform have this much issue, or these damaging of a bug. Can you honestly say that you have full ownership and access to the folders and files in your program files/windowsapp/mutable and/or mutablebackup, where the install data is stored, and duplicated until the hard drive bricks? I'm honestly curious. Give it a try and let me know.