PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......

The ratings does not reflect the most important part about the game which is actual game play value, and it primarily consist of impatience negative reviewers venting their frustration with what should be the easiest part; installing the game. I do think that Microsoft severely screwed up with how they release the game due to the game functions exceptionally well in Japan showcasing that most of the technical issues related in-game has been fix. Furthermore, since Microsoft has full control over the Microsoft Store, it also means they have full control over review ratings. Do I think the low score is warranted? I do not; however, the way Microsoft handled the release was very poor and unacceptable for their proprietary promotion propaganda.

Still, they should bring the game on to Steam this June or maybe the rest of the consoles all at the same time.

@KrayzieKami said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

I can't do shit with MS folders. Worst Gaming Platform Point period. Thats awful no properties and permission I am the fucking PC owner ! And thats the end from me either they fix it or I gonna pass on this game. I have enough 2 days in trying to fix my problem but still the same.

Setting your permissions for the MS folders as the PC owner is a pretty quick fix.

Make sure you have the Hidden Items box checked in your Program Files folder. Right click on WindowsApps and under the Security tab click the Advanced button. You should see a "Owner" description that I believe will say something like "Unable to display current owner" and next to it a "Change" link with the usual shield icon that indicates you need to be an administrator to work with that.

Clicking that will pop up a window - in the text box type the word (without quotes) "administrators" and then click the Check Names button. You, the PC owner, should appear. Click the "OK" button and it will now show you as the Owner.

Click Apply, close those windows, and when you try to access the folder again it will probably pop up with a "You don't currently have permission to access this folder" and "Click continue to permanently get access to this folder."

@Ezodagrom said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

@NoSpax said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

It will break there, too unless the patching mechanism is done by steam, not by it's own launcher and starts PSO2 directly.

It's not only the PSO2 launcher's permissions issues, it's a mix of both the permissions issues and the MS Store restricted folders. A Steam or standalone releases wouldn't place the game's data in restricted folders, and so working around the permissions issues would be far easier, and some issues like the game deleting itself if it's not on the Windows drive wouldn't happen.

PSO2 even messes itself up in an unrestricted folder. THat's how I came up with the 2 cmdline commands I posted somewhere else here, to cover at least some of those unreliablities.

By the way, do I know you? Your name is really familiar, I swear I have seen you somewhere else.

Looking at the reviews, people are bombing it because it won't launch. When Sega gets everything ironed out and gets the game playable, those ratings should jump back up.

And I kinda understand why the MS Store is used, having been in Xbox Support for two hellish years. Since PSO2 is a "Play Anywhere" title, they might have to put it on the store for that cross-play feature to function. Sure, they could switch it to a Sega ID for both Xbox and PC, but I doubt they'd have the ability to migrate all the characters made, already. And a lot of us have put in a ton of work into our characters, as it is.

Steam may be better than MS store, but can we stop praising it as the best? The amount of issues steam has had, including breach of privacy and massive launch issues, has happened many times over. They aren't saints in the slightest.

@SmearyChunk75 Nonsense. The score of the game (as it stands) is a 1.7. Completely deserved as a good portion of the player base CANT GET IN THE GAME 😁 . The way the teams handled it was insanely poor. Also, the "most important part about the game" right now is the fact that its downloading 100's of GBs of duplicated data into locked folders on peoples computer. Many of the reviews could and would be changed if they fixed the problems and supported their game instead of being morons and dragging their feet.

They have 3 ships right now, all of which are full to capacity with people waiting to get in. Meanwhile half the player base can't even install the game. What do you think would be happening if the game was installable ? We'd have half the player base unable to play because they have no ships/servers for people. Because PSO and Microsoft are cheap and lazy and didn't open enough servers to support the incoming players.

So, if they fixed their currently insanely broken launchers/installers that were basically acting as malware on computers AND if they stopped being pathetically cheap and lazy, I'm sure you'd see an instant turnaround in the scores.

However, stop acting like they released a new game that they've been working oh so hard on and its having a rough start. They re-released a decade old game with virtually no support to handle the incoming load of players, and downloaded hundreds or thousands of duplicate clients onto people's computers by now. (Not to mention it's still downloadable as a broken launcher that is duplicating 60gb clients).

This game, until fixed, is a failure in the West.

@Pun said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

Looking at the reviews, people are bombing it because it won't launch. When Sega gets everything ironed out and gets the game playable, those ratings should jump back up.

And I kinda understand why the MS Store is used, having been in Xbox Support for two hellish years. Since PSO2 is a "Play Anywhere" title, they might have to put it on the store for that cross-play feature to function. Sure, they could switch it to a Sega ID for both Xbox and PC, but I doubt they'd have the ability to migrate all the characters made, already. And a lot of us have put in a ton of work into our characters, as it is.

That does make sense but they also intend to make it crossplay for PS4, Switch, and Steam. I want to see them succeed at this. Millions of people do but they are gonna have to be more transparent about why these choices are made because from the outside looking in, it just looks like a ploy to get more people to buy their products and use their stuff for more revenue.

@RomBinHood said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

All of the Microsoft haters need to turn off their computers. To be quite frank, you don't even know why this issue was occurring.

PSO uses a virus for it's security, did you know that? You can complain about how locked down things are, but GameGuard and other copy protection systems go hand in hand with these walled gardens. If Microsoft didn't dump a bunch of money to bring this to us, you'd somehow complain less? Maybe what you SHOULD be doing is complaining to Valve, about why they didn't bring PSO2 years ago. Focus on that.

alt text

Couldent they just release a launcher and have all micro transaction and the game still on the Microsoft store ?

@RagnarokSlayer They went through all the trouble of recoding the game to require Win10 and their store. I don't think they'll back out so easily.

The Win Store platform helps to 'encourage' users to upgrade their OS to the latest version of Windows, helping adoption numbers and allows them to collect metrics on more-and-more machines.

@KrayzieKami said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

well you can hate on the haters they won't listen all we want is to simply play but can't is it so hard to understand dear RomBinHood

Then hate on Steam for failing to bring you a quality version. Go ahead...I'm waiting.

@Nersius you are really small minded. Do you think that's the reason they do that? Same reason the apple store is a walled garden right ? They do it for security.

Look up Themida. Search it since you know everything. It is a VIRUS and it is installed with PSO2. Not only is that true, technically, but you'd rather ignore that and keep flapping your lips about Microsoft.

Viruses have very advanced methods for obfuscating their inner workings. Themida protects the PSO2 executable, and it's technically software from a virus.

So why don't I go around saying you're putting viruses on your PC. That is honestly more true than the blabber coming out of your mouth. Now like I said, if you want a real victim to beat up, go complain to steam for leaving you in the cold for all these years. Not caring even enough to bring you PSO2 AT ALL. You like that more apparently. Or get a job and buy an Xbox, they are like $50 used these days, even little kids like you can afford them.

@Zarozian said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

@Pun said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

That does make sense but they also intend to make it crossplay for PS4, Switch, and Steam. I want to see them succeed at this. Millions of people do but they are gonna have to be more transparent about why these choices are made because from the outside looking in, it just looks like a ploy to get more people to buy their products and use their stuff for more revenue.

I hate to say it. I highly doubt switch will ever get it. Steam easily Gears of war 5 is on steam. Ps4 will happen probably next year. It sucks to say that cause Switch has it in JP so it would be nice.

I'll just point out one thing.

Datamined thread here is true. But that will also require a live account to be played.