PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......

Good luck Kiddos. The deal PSO2 made was for Microsoft Exclusivity in the West (hence Xbox (Microsoft), and MStore (not Steam))).

We're stuck with Microsoft for better or worse, unless PSO2 suddenly has an epiphany applied to their honor and integrity, but good luck with that one 😂 . Even then It's probably SEGA's choice, so PSO2 prolly doesn't have much say, let alone the Devs you gonna find here. (hence the total silence).

It's Microsoft you need to appeal to.

@OddCrown said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

Good luck Kiddos. The deal PSO2 made was for Microsoft Exclusivity in the West (hence Xbox (Microsoft), and MStore (not Steam))).

We're stuck with Microsoft for better or worse, unless PSO2 suddenly has an epiphany applied to their honor and integrity, but good luck with that one 😂 . Even then It's probably SEGA's choice, so PSO2 prolly doesn't have much say, let alone the Devs you gonna find here. (hence the total silence).

It's Microsoft you need to appeal to.

Nah. If they love this game they would bring it to Steam, they would bring it to PS4, and they would bring it to Switch. They would want to see this game they love succeed. This game is worth the investment. Like Warframe it's a labor of love that survived a decade. If it's profits that they are after then this game is profitable and it has remained so for a decade. Any failure that happens would be on them for the lack of insight and preparation.

@Zarozian Labor of love ? wake up my friend. IT has been profitable, however they made a deal with Microsoft for exclusivity. Microsoft basically owns PSO2 in the west.

IF they loved this game, and had any ability, they would release on all platforms, but good luck with that one.

OddCrown is right, like many Epic Games exclusives, PSO2 was bought by Microsoft and is being kept as a 1 year exclusive on Xbone and Microsoft Store.

Secondly, what would launching on a different platform do? The servers are hosted by Sega, not MS. So all server problems, like the frame drops in the lobby, are on Sega not MS. Installing through the MS store is no different than through Steam or Epic Games, the issues most people are having aren't going to be fixed by getting the files from a different source.

@FlavorfulHen4 There are instances of the Microsoft Store locking out giant 50-70GB chunks of hard drive space with corrupted instances of PSO2, and issues of Microsoft Store deleting 2/3rds of the game randomly. Steam wouldn't give these issues. It has way more polish to it, and there are years of experience in handling MMO releases on the platform. Microsoft Store is not able to handle this kind of traffic imho.

I wish it was on Steam. The Microsoft store is quite literally ruining this game. I can't play it and everywhere I look is constant complaints about other people who can't either. You name the problem and people are reporting having it.

I've had basically zero problems and I'm tempted to give it a 1 star rating just because of the fucking bloated files they dumped into my system.

@FinerTech55376 Then you HAVE had problems. /shrug

@Reo Did I say zero? No. I said basically zero. Besides. The file bloat does nothing to stop me playing the game. So technically not a "problem."

@FinerTech55376 Sure it is...we don't have infinite hard drive space.

@Zarozian said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

alt text

WE BRING PSO2 TO STEAM AS WELL!

The game itself is truly excellent but due to a bit of poor insight/foresight on the high player turn out which caused almost all the servers to be filled to the brink and over crowded to the point where the game literally moves in 1FPS on the most powerful of PCs and the issue with Microsoft Store and their products shooting themselves in the foot! ;D

After having to deal with Microsoft wanting the to strong arm people into getting an Xbox or getting a PC with Windows 10 on it only to go through all this hassle and deal with an overly crowded server....I BELIEVE!

I BELIEVE THAT HAVING PSO2 ON STEAM WILL MAKE A LOT OF PEOPLE HAPPY! It will also salvage the reputation of PSO2 that was slightly smeared thanks to the Microsoft Store. Plus, PSO2 stands an incredibly strong chance at knocking out 2 certain Sci-Fi games off their high horses. One with a story about overpowered space ninjas beating the crap out of retarded clones and mindless robots, like what a ridiculous concept, who the hell would want to hear a boring story like that? I feel sorry for the writer who has to make a compelling a good story from a concept like that and for the developers who need to find ways to make their game challenging for their overpowered space ninjas. As for the other one, it doesn't even have a story and it gets boring a lot faster than the one about overpowered space ninjas.

> Ah shoot. Where was I? AH YES! PUTTING PSO2 ON STEAM SHOULD BE SEGA & MICROSOFT'S NEXT GOAL! Do that before you put it on PS4 and Switch! I can guarantee that the PC players will forgive you if you do so and PSO2 will enjoy an incredibly high review on Steam!

I haven't been wrong yet! ;D

It has zero benefit for Microsoft with the game on Steam or anywhere else because they won't be getting any cut of sales from microtransactions. If SEGA could have put the game up on Steam they would have, but someone flipped the bill getting the game here and that is why it's on their platform 1st and who knows for how long.

Stick to not knowing the console ways of how buying exclusive time is a big deal to their fanbases. Look at how angry people get when Epic buys exclusive time too. Boo hoo I have to download another installer or I can just wait for it to end and then enjoy it how I want.

@PhantasyStar369

Stick to not knowing the console ways of how buying exclusive time is a big deal to their fanbases. Look at how angry people get when Epic buys exclusive time too. Boo hoo I have to download another installer or I can just wait for it to end and then enjoy it how I want.

At least things on the Epic store work.

Hell, releasing it on the Epic Game Store would've been far better and, if money was the problem, Epic would've given them a higher cut anyway, especially with it being the first big MMO on the platform.

10 hours ago, before work, i was playing the game and having a great time doing my first urgent quest and level 20 something. Get home to do a few missions before i pass out post night duty and instead MS store has corrupted the install and now i am redownloading...

MS store is crap. plain and simple. Stopped playing State of decay after several installs. Gave up on The Outer worlds for the same reason, can't even access the damn folders it installs into without screwing with permissions despite being the admin account on my own PC.

Epic, Steam, GoG all would have been better, hell even bloody Origin is better than MS store....

Might as well just wait for PS4 release if it even comes /sigh