PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......

I mean if they are the JP files it would be there regardless

@RomBinHood I never mentioned that I actually prefer Steam, while its better than MS it isn't necesseray, they should simple make it so that we actually can edit the game folders at least, which all other platforms let us without any issues. Thats what I want from MS. But I also just wait for a fix of my download and install issues. You need to understand not all are unreasonably hating on the platform just being upset unable to play with. So I don't even know why you even bother to defend it that much ? It simply a fact that MS is really poor for Gamers, espically with Games that support mods. But thats offtopic now. And I won't hate on anyone btw, being upset isn't hate. But true there are maybe guys that actually hate it that much and really prefer Steam over others... But I am not actually one of them like I mentioned before.

@darkShir0u said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

@Utahime39 said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

Note the hypocrisy of Microsoft here, they just removed most of the bad reviews in their count to give the game a positive review but not all of them so that it looks "realistic". I wish SEGA had more foresight in agreeing to this exclusive distribution. In any case if this crap of MS Store is still not working today for me I'll give up and wait till someone sensible at SEGA decide to move this game to Steam or provide a standalone install.

Bruh 50850416-ee66-4fcf-b07f-47f44938b3e2-image.png Let's not do conspiracy theories

It still looks like they are deleting reviews I think.

At least none of the negative reviews actually criticize the game itself, so if microsoft fixes this, it may be salvageable.

I'm actually amazed that people take store reviews that seriously. When I want to know whether a game is good, I'll look up reviews and gameplay on YouTube. With review bombing and volatile gamers being a thing in recent years, I'd never trust store reviews.

I don't think this game should be review bombed. Because that will kill the game

the game is great and microsoft is trying boom next phantasy star doesn't exist in USA

@Ship04

As others already said, I will update my review once I can actually run the game and I am not anymore pissed off by MS Store nuking my install.

But even if the game is worth 5, I will never grant it more than 4 because of MS Store, unfortunately MS Store is part of the experience.

Thanks for the steam support! Some of my friends are still having trouble with the launcher and they don't trust Arks-Layer (they've never used it before, their antivirus flags warnings, etc.) so this steam setup has been helpful.

@Lorient1755 said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

I'm actually amazed that people take store reviews that seriously. When I want to know whether a game is good, I'll look up reviews and gameplay on YouTube. With review bombing and volatile gamers being a thing in recent years, I'd never trust store reviews.

If a game has a bad rating on Microsoft Store, you know it's shit.

@Ship04 said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

I don't think this game should be review bombed. Because that will kill the game

the game is great and microsoft is trying boom next phantasy star doesn't exist in USA

Right and I. Get that but these people have a perfectly valid reason to give the game 1 star . And even then if people read them it only gonna say can’t get the game to run . Game broke ext . People will then also see 5 star of how good gameplay is . For all we know some may change the review or Microsoft may delete then once it’s working again who knows . But il tell anyone here who would look at that store based on gameplay from Xbox players before it was saying 4-5 stars

@RagnarokSlayer said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

@Ship04 said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

Right and I. Get that but these people have a perfectly valid reason to give the game 1 star . And even then if people read them it only gonna say can’t get the game to run . Game broke ext . People will then also see 5 star of how good gameplay is . For all we know some may change the review or Microsoft may delete then once it’s working again who knows . But il tell anyone here who would look at that store based on gameplay from Xbox players before it was saying 4-5 stars

The problem though is that many of the "Reviews" on the MS Store are simply "Can't install, one star, will change when can play", yet those people almost never actually go back to update their "reviews". Look at Doom Eternal on Steam. After the Denuvo incident, there's a large string of people that changed their reviews to negative, or posted negative reviews, with the caveat they would change them back when it was removed.

Id has since said they're removing Denuvo, but how many of those people actually bothered to go back and change their reviews after bombing it? According to steam - not very many, as the game still sits at a "Mixed" review score, despite the game it's self being fan-friggen-tastic.

This is the problem with store-front reviews, and why this idea that people can leave a rating needs to go the way of the dodo. It's one thing to post a criticism that says you're unable to install, to let people know that they may have problems. It's another entirely when you're rating a game at the lowest score, even though it has nothing to do with the game it's self, but rather the storefront it's being distributed on.

This is doubly problematic when most gamers these days sadly don't actually read the context of a review, but instead look at the arbitrary number it's been given, and base their judgement soley on that. It's not fair to Sega that their game is being review bombed by people abusing the store front system when it's not even their fault, especially when they've stated they're working on a fix for the game and the current issues.

Review-bombing games never helps, as the people review-bombing are likely never going to go back and edit their review, they're going to just review bomb the game, and then forget about it and move onto whatever the next favorite of the week is, not aware of the last repercussions it might have on the developer.

Mistakes happen, WoW's launch was abysmal for anyone who remembers it fifteen years ago. Final Fantasy XIV's launch was even worst with horrendous lag spikes, duty queues that didn't work, and locking people out of content (to say nothing of how badly done Stormblood's launch was, which SE flat out lied about saying it was due to over population, when in fact they purposefully were throttling the playerbase during early access), but those problems all lied on the developer themselves - In Blizzard's case not expecting anywhere near that amount of traffic, and in SE's case, well, them just being grossly incompetent.

But for PSO2, the game it's self works absolutely fine outside of the lobby stuttering. The problem lies not on Sega but on Microsoft's store front. Review bombing PSO2 and lashing out at Sega isn't going to help matters, and it isn't going to do the game any favors. Microsoft is the one at fault right now, and they should deserve your ire.

Microsoft killed the PSO star.

The game is fun, but it is too bad Microsoft is chalking up soo many bad reviews of the game from people who haven't even gotten a chance to play it.

Game doesnt work but it will be fixed? Ugh guess i'll take my anger out somewhere.. I Know! I'll go rate it poorly! No harm done to the game I waited 8 years and a couple months for, itll only hurt it significantly!

No worries I"ll go give it positive ratings when they fix the shit 😹 , i'll most likely forget and the game will drop in player population regardless but its their fault, its microsoft's fault, so lets ruin the game that just needs to be adjusted and is being worked on rather than wait! LIKE SERIOUSLY I ONLY WAITED 8 YEARS FOR THE GAME the least I can do is ruin its future in the USA, God I hope sega allows us to play future games like this after we destroy this one!

@Blade-Syphon said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

@RagnarokSlayer said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

The problem though is that many of the "Reviews" on the MS Store are simply "Can't install, one star, will change when can play", yet those people almost never actually go back to update their "reviews". Look at Doom Eternal on Steam. After the Denuvo incident, there's a large string of people that changed their reviews to negative, or posted negative reviews, with the caveat they would change them back when it was removed.

Id has since said they're removing Denuvo, but how many of those people actually bothered to go back and change their reviews after bombing it? According to steam - not very many, as the game still sits at a "Mixed" review score, despite the game it's self being fan-friggen-tastic.

This is the problem with store-front reviews, and why this idea that people can leave a rating needs to go the way of the dodo. It's one thing to post a criticism that says you're unable to install, to let people know that they may have problems. It's another entirely when you're rating a game at the lowest score, even though it has nothing to do with the game it's self, but rather the storefront it's being distributed on.

This is doubly problematic when most gamers these days sadly don't actually read the context of a review, but instead look at the arbitrary number it's been given, and base their judgement soley on that. It's not fair to Sega that their game is being review bombed by people abusing the store front system when it's not even their fault, especially when they've stated they're working on a fix for the game and the current issues.

Review-bombing games never helps, as the people review-bombing are likely never going to go back and edit their review, they're going to just review bomb the game, and then forget about it and move onto whatever the next favorite of the week is, not aware of the last repercussions it might have on the developer.

Mistakes happen, WoW's launch was abysmal for anyone who remembers it fifteen years ago. Final Fantasy XIV's launch was even worst with horrendous lag spikes, duty queues that didn't work, and locking people out of content (to say nothing of how badly done Stormblood's launch was, which SE flat out lied about saying it was due to over population, when in fact they purposefully were throttling the playerbase during early access), but those problems all lied on the developer themselves - In Blizzard's case not expecting anywhere near that amount of traffic, and in SE's case, well, them just being grossly incompetent.

But for PSO2, the game it's self works absolutely fine outside of the lobby stuttering. The problem lies not on Sega but on Microsoft's store front. Review bombing PSO2 and lashing out at Sega isn't going to help matters, and it isn't going to do the game any favors. Microsoft is the one at fault right now, and they should deserve your ire.

I think this is where reviewing systems need more of an overhaul . It should be reviewed for diffrent things like gameplay , experience downloading and installing and such .

I wouldn’t say sega is all innocent unless they had no say in issuing a beta for pc players . Because if they had done a beta like say April most the bugs may of been ironed out or less bugs may of been present on the release

the storefront accomplishes what is supposed to do: give you an installation package.

The conversion to a UWP that can use an .exe launcher in a virtualize environment outside of a sandbox is the problem.

If it was only the Microsoft Store, the Xbox version would have had massive, persistent failures up until now. The Xbox version is fine, installs fine, launches fine, and signs in fine.

This is the result of of using a VM to test a game in a very specific, fresh environment that doesn't have bloatware, tuning software, and modifiable registries.

If you look at the manifest, the game was only tested on 1 very specific build of Windows 10. MS should have never have approved the package in the first place, but SEGA falls under "Partners", so they can publish without extensive testing.

@RomBinHood That is quite the escalation, but I guess you are a pro MS zealot? I thought my post was pretty neutral towards them.

For the sake of discussion/learning something new:

Can you tell me more about Themida? Seems to just encrypt code or something? Does not seem to be Denuvo tier, but I wouldn't know about Denuvo w/o others telling me about it.

I think everyone is still livid/disappointed that we silently got cancelled on over 5 years ago, and that there are tiny strands of P2W nonsense in the game today (+daily exp boost acquire rate, more powerful combat drinks if you are premium, MAG system too constrictive, etc...).

Small article about Microsoft addressing privacy concerns.

Windows Adoption Rate