PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......

@landman said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

I doubt most problems are not Launcher related, the Japanese client had permision problems too, just "easier" to solve since you installed the game where you wanted instead of restricted folders. We just forgot about those problems once we stopped using the official client and used the fanmade tweaker client.

This really cannot be stressed enough, just how many things the 3rd party wrapper Tweaker fixes, that a lot of people are just spoiled by. Many of the same issues still exist today if you tried to play the JP version with the vanilla sega client, because it's the same client we're needing to put up with right now.

@Zarozian said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

alt text

WE BRING PSO2 TO STEAM AS WELL!

The game itself is truly excellent but due to a bit of poor insight/foresight on the high player turn out which caused almost all the servers to be filled to the brink and over crowded to the point where the game literally moves in 1FPS on the most powerful of PCs and the issue with Microsoft Store and their products shooting themselves in the foot! ;D

After having to deal with Microsoft wanting the to strong arm people into getting an Xbox or getting a PC with Windows 10 on it only to go through all this hassle and deal with an overly crowded server....I BELIEVE!

I BELIEVE THAT HAVING PSO2 ON STEAM WILL MAKE A LOT OF PEOPLE HAPPY! It will also salvage the reputation of PSO2 that was slightly smeared thanks to the Microsoft Store. Plus, PSO2 stands an incredibly strong chance at knocking out 2 certain Sci-Fi games off their high horses. One with a story about overpowered space ninjas beating the crap out of retarded clones and mindless robots, like what a ridiculous concept, who the hell would want to hear a boring story like that? I feel sorry for the writer who has to make a compelling a good story from a concept like that and for the developers who need to find ways to make their game challenging for their overpowered space ninjas. As for the other one, it doesn't even have a story and it gets boring a lot faster than the one about overpowered space ninjas.

Ah shoot. Where was I? AH YES! PUTTING PSO2 ON STEAM SHOULD BE SEGA & MICROSOFT'S NEXT GOAL! Do that before you put it on PS4 and Switch! I can guarantee that the PC players will forgive you if you do so and PSO2 will enjoy an incredibly high review on Steam!

I haven't been wrong yet! ;D

Sadly this is not going to happen in the early-mid present.

The issue is how SEGA wrote their "UWP" appx.

They literally took the japanese launcher with, put an _na at the end of certain files, and then added an appxmanifest that was copy and pasted from windows 10 help page.

But... yea SEGA definitely the victim here.

I don't usally complain but in this case its well deserved. I can't do s*** with MS Games I have no Admin power over my files there. Why I don't know, its my PC and a 100 % legal Win 10 Pro license but no I don't get Admin rights over MS files. Are you kidding Microsoft thats why nobody likes your store taking all permission to modify game files. Frustrating.

I have not enjoyed using Microsoft Store at all. Why is ti so garbage? get your act together MS.

Currently there are 1526 Reviews and only 2 Stars. If this keeps up this game will not recover with its bad reputation and you know what this means in most cases.

I think the game is excellent. Been playing since closed beta. Having no trouble still even with the added pc players. Review bombing just cause people are obsessed with steam.. .

Review bombing because either can't get the game to work. Because they can't get past the random errors and the game being so laggy.

Also the microsoft store is ass even ubisoft store and epic game store aren't this bad.

@Nulear-Power said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

I think the game is excellent. Been playing since closed beta. Having no trouble still even with the added pc players. Review bombing just cause people are obsessed with steam.. .

Disagree with your point . People want it on steam because the download is broken for many , leaves remnants on the machine taking up spaces and such . People wanted it on steam because they don’t trust Microsoft store and the reviews Say it all . I think even releasing just the client on any other site heck I imagine even epic games would of done a better job than what’s happening with the Microsoft store atm . Considering you played since closed beta are you still playing on Xbox? Because if you haven’t even tried to download it on pc how can you make such a judgement?

@RagnarokSlayer To say they had a point is being incredibly generous. They did not. They're just flat out wrong.

At this point the low review scores are not Steam fanboys, but people who are encountering catastrophic errors that render the game itself completely unplayable.

If anyone is going to stan this game, they should be screaming at Microsoft and Sega to fix these problems so the game they love can flourish and thrive.

@Nulear-Power the game looks like fun and I waited 3 years for it to come to the west for Pc and I would gladly would write a positive review, but since yesterday I can't even install / download it. And all because something is wrong with a file in the Microsoft App folder which is for me impossible to edit, because I need higher permission then the Admin... I don't know what else I can do just wait and being frustrated about how they not even responding right now. Microsoft Store is really not favorable for most of the Pc Gamers because of the simple fact you can't do shit after installing a game app. You just hope it will work after downloading and installing it. There isn't much you can do to try to fix it yourself and people that can do are maybe Pro IT who can hack the system or stuff like that which I can't because I am just a Gamer with real life too that isn't related to Pc. Well most of the time I can fix stuff because I can look up fixes around the Net but here there is none for me. I only hope the Devs or Publisher will respond soon with a solution or else this negative review won't change at all.

@landman said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

I doubt most problems are not Launcher related, the Japanese client had permision problems too, just "easier" to solve since you installed the game where you wanted instead of restricted folders. We just forgot about those problems once we stopped using the official client and used the fanmade tweaker client.

+1

@darkShir0u

@darkShir0u said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

@Utahime39 said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

Note the hypocrisy of Microsoft here, they just removed most of the bad reviews in their count to give the game a positive review but not all of them so that it looks "realistic". I wish SEGA had more foresight in agreeing to this exclusive distribution. In any case if this crap of MS Store is still not working today for me I'll give up and wait till someone sensible at SEGA decide to move this game to Steam or provide a standalone install.

Bruh 50850416-ee66-4fcf-b07f-47f44938b3e2-image.png Let's not do conspiracy theories

You're probably right, I did check again and now on my MS Store servers the rate is back to 1.8 from the suspicious 3.6, although the total review count is still way below yours (792). So let's go for the more likely explanation it is an issue with MS Store, which obviously is not only unable to deliver/install PSO2 but also count properly the ratings given...

There is zero issue with PSO2 itself. This is really unfair for such a great game that has proven itself for a decade straight.

@Utahime39 said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

@darkShir0u

@darkShir0u said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

Note the hypocrisy of Microsoft here, they just removed most of the bad reviews in their count to give the game a positive review but not all of them so that it looks "realistic". I wish SEGA had more foresight in agreeing to this exclusive distribution. In any case if this crap of MS Store is still not working today for me I'll give up and wait till someone sensible at SEGA decide to move this game to Steam or provide a standalone install.

Bruh 50850416-ee66-4fcf-b07f-47f44938b3e2-image.png Let's not do conspiracy theories

You're probably right, I did check again and now on my MS Store servers the rate is back to 1.8 from the suspicious 3.6, although the total review count is still way below yours (792). So let's go for the more likely explanation it is an issue with MS Store, which obviously is not only unable to deliver/install PSO2 but also count properly the ratings given...

I am wondering if they have addressed this issue yet. The 1fps thing is no longer a problem now that a lot of people are gone....they could have had everything....