PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......

And overnight there is a new solution "

• The PSO2 Tweaker now supports installing the game from outside of the Microsoft Store!
  • This means you can install it from scratch using the Tweaker, anywhere you want and on any drive.
  • This also theoretically prevents the Windows Store from nuking it "

@Neoyoshi said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

I have to be honest, because i'm often feeling like that lone PC-user on a island by myself; but i really have to ask:

"What in the world did all of the other PC users that are having major issues do differently?"

Did i not have any issues because i already had a Microsoft account linked to the Xbox-play anywhere system? Is it because i'm on a old Hotmail email account from 1999? That last part is just me being silly. xD

But i do have this mental list going on in the back on my brain when i see the topic of PC-users running into issues with this game and it's relation to the microsoft store.

• Do you have Windows 10 64bit Version 1909? Are you updated to the latest .Net rollout package?

• Do you have the general Microsoft store gaming apps installed? eg: Xbox Companion, Xbox Identity Provider, Gaming Services

• What kind of computer do you have, what tech generation is it?

• Who is your ISP? (Internet Service Prover)

• Are you located and attempting to play from North America?

Before i even thought about pre-downloading on that early morning of the 26th (which really may as well been the 27th)- i updated everything; i made sure all my microsoft plugins and apps on the app store were fully up to date; i double-checked to make sure i my Windows didn't have any lose updates i had forgotten about or hidden away.

Most importantly, and maybe this is just me being paranoid or not trusting my own judgment, but i made absolutely sure NOT to install the launcher onto any other drive outside of the standard C:\ drive.

Also i did not use any type of 3rd party download managers or accelerators; which i know some advanced PC users like to use but i've never had good experiences with in the past.

Hi Neoyoshi. I haven't seen you since Revelations Online.

This meme is appropriate for you as you are just like the subreddit comments:

alt text

To answer all your questions, this issue that's happening didn't happen to just PSO2 but to all other games on the Microsoft Store:

Just because you don't have an issue doesn't give you the right to think that thousands of other people somehow did something differently to lead to all these thousands of complaints.

alt text

That made me giggle. xD

I saw that a couple days ago; but the question still stands- What are people doing differently?

Or what are they not doing?

@Neoyoshi said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

alt text

That made me giggle. xD

I saw that a couple days ago; but the question still stands- What are people doing differently?

The question should be:

Why does Steam not have this issue? What does Steam do right? What does Microsoft Store do wrong?

@Zarozian said in

The question should be:

Why does Steam not have this issue? What does Steam do right? What does Microsoft Store do wrong?

Okey look, I get it, I really do, i would have rather seen this just be a PC localized release on either just it's own stand-alone launcher or even Steam, heck i'd love it to be on steam personally because that's almost all i play on these days.

But this is something... different and it's probably throwing a lot of PC users off- it threw me off initially but i had a bit of foreknowledge about Microsoft's xCloud tech and what they wanted to do with Xbox games and PC games going forward from a E3 i watched a couple years back.

I ask these questions in genuine earnest because i don't want to see people not get to play this wonderful game; heck i'm more in favor of just telling folk to download and play the Japanese version via the Arks-layer stuff just because it may actually be far-less hurdle jumping if people are really experiencing genuine issues with getting this version of the game to work.

I have this strong gut feeling that because of the xCloud technology and the Xbox One-play anywhere; i legitimately believe newer Windows 10 machines are going to go through far less issues than older ones just simply because of how Microsoft is utilizing their new technology and the Cross-play.

Again, this would be simpler if it had its own launcher or was something like Steam, but it isn't, I wish it were, but it's Microsoft, all i can do is hope this gets better for people who are having issues. 😞

I have to be honest, because i'm often feeling like that lone PC-user on a island by myself; but i really have to ask:

"What in the world did all of the other PC users that are having major issues do differently?"

Did i not have any issues because i already had a Microsoft account linked to the Xbox-play anywhere system? Is it because i'm on a old Hotmail email account from 1999? That last part is just me being silly. xD

But i do have this mental list going on in the back on my brain when i see the topic of PC-users running into issues with this game and it's relation to the microsoft store.

• Do you have Windows 10 64bit Version 1909? Are you updated to the latest .Net rollout package?

• Do you have the general Microsoft store gaming apps installed? eg: Xbox Companion, Xbox Identity Provider, Gaming Services

• What kind of computer do you have, what tech generation is it?

• Who is your ISP? (Internet Service Prover)

• Are you located and attempting to play from North America?

Before i even thought about pre-downloading on that early morning of the 26th (which really may as well been the 27th)- i updated everything; i made sure all my microsoft plugins and apps on the app store were fully up to date; i double-checked to make sure i my Windows didn't have any lose updates i had forgotten about or hidden away.

Most importantly, and maybe this is just me being paranoid or not trusting my own judgment, but i made absolutely sure NOT to install the launcher onto any other drive outside of the standard C:\ drive.

Also i did not use any type of 3rd party download managers or accelerators; which i know some advanced PC users like to use but i've never had good experiences with in the past.

I got my one to run first try (so far anyway it’s working I have only had it 1 day so far due to other issues on my pc . ) I went with the install via Microsoft store and then use the tweaker (didn’t even know about full install method via it) to finish it . I did reset my pc to see if there would be any problems after and so far so good .

@Yuzu9474 mine was made off the game bricking my pc. tm a long time ps fan. I never played on Japanese servers. I am sure the game is great . The little time I had with it was really fun. I still play psobb. im pretty sure my character there is gone from my pc bricking.

Personally i only got the game folder autorisation issue and just wanted to say that you shouldn't have internet issues if you are outside NA being in France and having no issue at all to download the game, it's probably Microsoft store giving you the finger if you have that issue because i did have that issue when i had to re-download the game for like the fourth time to figure what the heck was even happening.

It's just that bad Considering some ppl just have all possible errors imaginable and me struggling with just the error 104/1800something is ridiculous.

You can download game through tweaker fully now. Including choosing a directory, and skipping anything needed from MS store.

@Pulptenks Good to know, but i fixed all my issues 1 day after release so i don't need the tweaker, well for now at least considering the game could just decide to delete itself like others have mentioned before.

PC Broke 2.0 rating, going up:

alt text

My rating is of course 5 stars. I never used the tweaker myself.

alt text

That made me giggle. xD

Using my own experiences, either people didn't have the Xbox apps like the Identity Provider, which are needed to even log in, or they messed with the download as it was downloaded and caused the already messy permissions from the Store to break.

The moment i found a way in the Windows settings to have everything download unto my D drive [rather than it all going to C by default and letting me chose if i wanted it to go anywhere else], it fixed everything completely and I've had zero issues so far. No permission changes, no problems outside of the lag in the lobby which seems to affect everyone anyway.

Taking into account even I did the mistake of messing with the files while they downloaded the first time around [and i left it overnight when the PC went into standby, which stopped the download], I'll assume THAT is one of the main problems people are having.

@Neoyoshi Nothing out of the ordinary. Everything is fully up to date, i haven't installed anything where it shouldn't be. The game just randomly bricks or uninstalls itself but doesn't delete the files. I already have over 200 missing gigs of data that i cannot delete.

@coldreactive Only going up because they keep removing bad reviews. LOL They've already removed several hundred over the last few days.

@Algestes said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

@Neoyoshi Nothing out of the ordinary. Everything is fully up to date, i haven't installed anything where it shouldn't be. The game just randomly bricks or uninstalls itself but doesn't delete the files. I already have over 200 missing gigs of data that i cannot delete.

if you want to delete those gigs take ownership of the folders and gives yourself full control in the autorisation tab in properties-> security-> advanced