PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......

alt text

WE BRING PSO2 TO STEAM AS WELL!

The game itself is truly excellent but due to a bit of poor insight/foresight on the high player turn out which caused almost all the servers to be filled to the brink and over crowded to the point where the game literally moves in 1FPS on the most powerful of PCs and the issue with Microsoft Store and their products shooting themselves in the foot! ;D

After having to deal with Microsoft wanting the to strong arm people into getting an Xbox or getting a PC with Windows 10 on it only to go through all this hassle and deal with an overly crowded server....I BELIEVE!

I BELIEVE THAT HAVING PSO2 ON STEAM WILL MAKE A LOT OF PEOPLE HAPPY! It will also salvage the reputation of PSO2 that was slightly smeared thanks to the Microsoft Store. Plus, PSO2 stands an incredibly strong chance at knocking out 2 certain Sci-Fi games off their high horses. One with a story about overpowered space ninjas beating the crap out of retarded clones and mindless robots, like what a ridiculous concept, who the hell would want to hear a boring story like that? I feel sorry for the writer who has to make a compelling a good story from a concept like that and for the developers who need to find ways to make their game challenging for their overpowered space ninjas. As for the other one, it doesn't even have a story and it gets boring a lot faster than the one about overpowered space ninjas.

Ah shoot. Where was I? AH YES! PUTTING PSO2 ON STEAM SHOULD BE SEGA & MICROSOFT'S NEXT GOAL! Do that before you put it on PS4 and Switch! I can guarantee that the PC players will forgive you if you do so and PSO2 will enjoy an incredibly high review on Steam!

I haven't been wrong yet! ;D

I have so much confidence, in the product that is PSO2, that it will knock out every game on Steam and become the number 1 game!

The game itself is perfection! The problem is that too many people weren't able to play it due to external issues completely unrelated to the game itself.

@Zarozian said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

I have so much confidence, in the product that is PSO2, that it will knock out every game on Steam and become the number 1 game!

The game itself is perfection! The problem is that too many people weren't able to play it due to external issues completely unrelated to the game itself.

The reviews are well deserved unfortunately. They probably lost way more money not releasing it on steam since the Microsoft store is horrible, which is kind of ironic.

I know steam does take it cut but considering it’s a 70% negative review , many forum threads and the twitter messege they probably lost a lot of paying customers already . Having it on either steam or a launcher option on their main site would of solved many of the issues

@SalutexMO said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

@Zarozian said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

The reviews are well deserved unfortunately. They probably lost way more money not releasing it on steam since the Microsoft store is horrible, which is kind of ironic.

For the problems that arised due to technical difficulties rather than the game itself.

And I know they keep thinking that they would lose money releasing it on Steam but they need to understand that they would gain a lot more people through Steam. At least through Steam people actually have a chance to play the game instead of having the Microsoft Store literally prevent them from playing or accessing and even downloading the game.

They could have had such a huge audience! But look what happened! Pride and a hint of greed with a blatant lack of respect or understanding of their audience/customers!

They have a choice. Do they want this game to be played and enjoyed by many people which will contribute to the longevity of the game or do they care more about guaranteed quick cash at the expense of their game?

I am sure they're aware of Nexon and how their greed and money grabbing tactics destroyed every great game they ever touched. There's a reason why greed is a sin. It ultimately leads to a path of self-destruction whether it's intentional or not. and pride prevents you from looking at others and acknowledging what they do right and what they do better, it stops you from growing and learning from your own mistakes and the mistakes of others which allows companies like Nexon or EA to continuously use the same dirty tactics to make quick cash as though their audience is dumb. There's no respect at all. Any feedback goes out the window.= 3=

I've seen some people implying there's a review bomb going on so I'd like to justify my own bad review (albeit respectful in tone) I left on the store. I didn't do it out of a want to smear the game's reputation or SEGA and MS, I did it out of frustration after >8 hours and two botched installs, with no success getting past the game's launcher, and I'm pretty sure that's what the vast majority of bad reviews are, people who tried to play only to get frustrated with bugs. To my understanding a review bomb is when people will give bad scores without even giving the game a chance and it's usually coordinated (or at least starts as such), I don't think it's what happened here. People are just venting, and rightfully so.

@Yuzu9474 said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

I've seen some people implying there's a review bomb going on so I'd like to justify my own bad review (albeit respectful in tone) I left on the store. I didn't do it out of a want to smear the game's reputation or SEGA and MS, I did it out of frustration after >8 hours and two botched installs, with no success getting past the game's launcher, and I'm pretty sure that's what the vast majority of bad reviews are, people who tried to play only to get frustrated with bugs. To my understanding a review bomb is when people will give bad scores without even giving the game a chance and it's usually coordinated (or at least starts as such), I don't think it's what happened here. People are just venting, and rightfully so.

If a game can’t run it would be 1 star material unfortunately . We all know on a good release this would have probably 4-5 stars like it did before it came out for pc but due to Microsoft store and the issues with it or the issues with the launcher which is what the majority of players are having issues with

@RagnarokSlayer said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

I know steam does take it cut but considering it’s a 70% negative review , many forum threads and the twitter messege they probably lost a lot of paying customers already . Having it on either steam or a launcher option on their main site would of solved many of the issues

The sad thing is, I understand they were trying to bring some attention to the Xbox companion and other Microsoft products, platforms, and software but in doing so they revealed a lot of flaws which made these things unpopular in the first place and by making PSO2 available only through their products makes it seem like they are trying to force people to use it even though it doesn't work well.

If it were as good as Steam there would have been no complaints. If they had more insight they would have seen those millions of players trying to cram themselves into 3 servers. So I can't really blame them but I will blame them if they don't learn fast enough from their mistakes.

@RagnarokSlayer I don't even think it's a majority of players that are having issues, most players that had no problem are probably just enjoying the game and haven't left a review, but that doesn't mean those issues we're facing aren't widespread and serious.

@Yuzu9474 said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

And sadly enough, that 1 star review you gave is what will get their attention and get them to act on it fast because their profits are at risk.

I also believe they would have made way more money than they would have to share with Steam if they put the game on Steam, than what they have potentially lost in this recent blunder of the crowded 1fps servers and the Microsoft Store blunder.

@RagnarokSlayer I don't even think it's a majority of players that are having issues, most players that had no problem are probably just enjoying the game and haven't left a review, but that doesn't mean those issues we're facing aren't widespread and serious.

I have had zero problems with the Microsoft Store but all my problems come from that 1FPS purgatory every time I try to go anywhere on the Arks Ship lol!

But the game itself is absolutely great! I hope Microsoft & Xbox doesn't let Sega down.

Oh, not problem, Microsoft got you covered with bad reviews, yesterday evening (EU here), the game rating was abysmal (like less than 2 out of 5) due to this crap of MS Store, and then suddenly this morning the rating increased to 3.6, look at that : MS Store PSO2 rating cheat 1

But then, if you check the number of bad (I mean minimal rating) you get that nice figure : alt text

Note the hypocrisy of Microsoft here, they just removed most of the bad reviews in their count to give the game a positive review but not all of them so that it looks "realistic". I wish SEGA had more foresight in agreeing to this exclusive distribution. In any case if this crap of MS Store is still not working today for me I'll give up and wait till someone sensible at SEGA decide to move this game to Steam or provide a standalone install.

@Utahime39 said in PSO2 Ratings Have Tanked And Microsoft Store Is To Blame! But fear not! We have a solution......:

Note the hypocrisy of Microsoft here, they just removed most of the bad reviews in their count to give the game a positive review but not all of them so that it looks "realistic". I wish SEGA had more foresight in agreeing to this exclusive distribution. In any case if this crap of MS Store is still not working today for me I'll give up and wait till someone sensible at SEGA decide to move this game to Steam or provide a standalone install.

Bruh 50850416-ee66-4fcf-b07f-47f44938b3e2-image.png Let's not do conspiracy theories

EDITED as I can’t delete it thanks @darkShir0u for proving it haven’t been changed i mean it would not surprise me if they had done that but shows they haven’t so far

I doubt most problems are not Launcher related, the Japanese client had permision problems too, just "easier" to solve since you installed the game where you wanted instead of restricted folders. We just forgot about those problems once we stopped using the official client and used the fanmade tweaker client.