A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!

@F3R4C11 Exactly my point, they need to be removed, and for this to happen the community needs to have a certain degree of self-policing.

Like it or not, it was the lack of self-policing that lead to the stigmatization of the whole community.

At this point, these persons speaking against the rp community, sound more like the stereotype racist person from twitter who complain about everything these days. 2020. . .what a year.

Also, you know what is hilarious, you can cry and complain all you want, nothing will change, they will continue to rp, you liking it or not, now, but by all means continues you futile 2007 crying in forum strategy, its making my day, i never have laughed so hard with so much slowpoke shit. Also don't quote me, read it and be quiet.

@TheAngelneer said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

@F3R4C11 Exactly my point, they need to be removed, and for this to happen the community needs to have a certain degree of self-policing.

Like it or not, it was the lack of self-policing that lead to the stigmatization of the whole community.

In the situation that someone is being abusive or actually griefing you, YOU are the policing party in that situation. You are there. You have the evidence. You have your case. Not every roleplayer is jumping into forums or RP discords or getting totally involved with the communities.

Wow I didn't know so many people despised RP this much. I won't chime in on a specific topic, but my point is going to be that there are tools to help you deal with people you have issues with/intentionally bring you into something that you don't want to be a part of. If the RP isn't affecting you, just mind your own and move on. If you're unvoluntarily brought in on it in like... a mission or something, report them for harassment and block them. Let people play how they want and set up your own boundaries. Don't belittle a community because of a handful of issues that you ran into. This is an online roleplaying game, we are all here to have fun.

@F3R4C11 said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

In the situation that someone is being abusive or actually griefing you, YOU are the policing party in that situation. You are there. You have the evidence. You have your case. Not every roleplayer is jumping into forums or RP discords or getting totally involved with the communities.

This is a problem that must be tackled both from outside and from within the community, unfortunately if insiders are indifferent or not engaged this gives the idea of complacency.

It does not matter what people think if they don't make themselves heard. In the long run it hurts the RP community. Unfortunately that is just how social interaction works.

@Parallax said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

Wow I didn't know so many people despised RP this much. I won't chime in on a specific topic, but my point is going to be that there are tools to help you deal with people you have issues with/intentionally bring you into something that you don't want to be a part of. If the RP isn't affecting you, just mind your own and move on. If you're unvoluntarily brought in on it in like... a mission or something, report them for harassment and block them. Let people play how they want and set up your own boundaries. Don't belittle a community because of a handful of issues that you ran into. This is an online roleplaying game, we are all here to have fun.

When people forget that MMORPG means Massive Multiplayer Online -Role-Playing Game-. It just becomes silly.

The person is now at the point of not backing down and I don't even know what they are trying to prove at this point.

@YuuKarnstein You are against labelization of RPers but you label everyone who has critisism against RPers racists. Hypocrisy much there?

Also racism has nothing to do with being against role play,are you really going to compare racial segregation with saying that some role players are doing ya'll reputation wrong? You might have other kind of issues than those talked about here if its the case..

@YuuKarnstein said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

At this point, these persons speaking against the rp community, sound more like the stereotype racist person from twitter who complain about everything these days. 2020. . .what a year.

Also, you know what is hilarious, you can cry and complain all you want, nothing will change, they will continue to rp, you liking it or not, now, but by all means continues you futile 2007 crying in forum strategy, its making my day, i never have laughed so hard with so much slowpoke shit. Also don't quote me, read it and be quiet.

Please just don't compare not liking RPers to racism you really are asking to be laughed at.

@Dracoco1214 I mean,I think they clearly have other kind of issues here. This is an actual attack and a very retarded one at that. What kind of individual compares racism to voicing out against a type of entertainement lmfao

@LapisWave said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!: don't even know what they are trying to prove at this point.

Not much when you are proving my own point to everyone.

Just look at how @F3R4C11 and me are having a nice back-and-forth discussion without someone trying to be dismissive because they view any kind of criticism as personal attacks and "people out to get them".

@LapisWave said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!: don't even know what they are trying to prove at this point.

Not much when you are proving my own point to everyone.

Just look at how @F3R4C11 and me are having a nice back-and-forth discussion without someone trying to be dismissive because they view any kind of criticism as personal attacks and "people out to get them".

You aren't having "nice back and forth discussion". You are derailing the thread with your own argument why you don't like roleplayers in the community in a game that you haven't played yet. Stop trying to make yourself look innocent. They clearly have told you "if you don't like Roleplayers, then go to different block or ignore the thread/community. You have your power to do so." Instead, you are trying to keep this discussion saying Roleplayers need to be "tamed" by being controlled so they would stop being placed as bad people.

@LapisWave said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!: Instead, you are trying to keep this discussion saying Roleplayers need to be "tamed" by being controlled so they would stop being placed as bad people.

This is true for literally any community in the planet, this is not a personal take on the RP community.

If you disagree with what I am saying you are free to give me your own argument for me to work with, chose to agree to disagree or ignore me. I won't step down from what seems to be a productive discussion just because you disagree with it.

@LapisWave It just baffles me when the subject comes up and the people who have issues with the rp community always have the same responses and attitude. The game is a platform for everyone, not just a specific person(s) playstyle. I do feel that every community should show respect towards others though. It's unfortunate that we have to deal with bad players in general, either it be toxic players, forceful role players, leaches, etc. The thing is not to blame a community, but the person. Take what actions you normally would to deal with said person and move on.

@Parallax Actually,I think that both sides always have the same answers really.