A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!

You realize the interpretation of bull and weirdos doing crazy stuff is entirely a perspective and opinion and not something to be policed, right? The stance, unless something is actively hurting or taking advantage of others, is not to get involved in what you do not agree with, because that is personal. Attacking others because you do not agree with them or like what they do, even though they are not hurting others, is ridiculous. Especially in a place where you can literally just leave and try something/somewhere else.

Also, please remember that in ANY community there will be highs and lows. There will be vocal fools and quiet heroes. Regardless of the community type and caste, you always will find the virtuous and the offal (see what I did there?). That's human nature, diversity, and your own general adversity or satisfaction with your surrounding human beings. It generally is not all that wise to target and blanket flame an entire community for a few experiences with the more aggravating or thick-skulled.

@LapisWave said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

@TheAngelneer said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

@F3R4C11 said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

If you don't like roleplayers just change blocks.

@LapisWave ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah. It's really the only way to solve your problems.

Sorry, I didn't realize you own the block.

Sarcasm aside, this is the type of behavior people have been pointing out as problematic in this thread and we are just getting the same meme answers, even from you, that you complained about me pointing out.

@F3R4C11

You can tout your idealized vision of the world all you want, it won't stop the bad apples from spoiling the whole bunch. People need to get real.

@LapisWave said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

If you don't like roleplayers just change blocks.

@LapisWave ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah. It's really the only way to solve your problems.

Sorry, I didn't realize you own the block.

Sarcasm aside, this is the type of behavior people have been pointing out as problematic in this thread and we are just getting the same meme answers, even from you, that you complained about me pointing out.

No one is owning a block. If you are on a block with people you don't like or see something you don't agree with, and it is hurting people or offensive, by all means, report and contest it. However, if it is simply people enjoying the game the way they wish to and it does not negatively impact you, you are free to relocate. The game makes it outrageously easy.

You can tout your idealized vision of the world all you want, it won't stop the bad apples from spoiling the whole bunch. People need to get real. <---- You need to get real. The only bad apples are the bad apples. That's literally reality. The rest of the bunch is just fine. If you throw out the whole batch because you picked a couple of bad ones, you are not utilizing one bit of intelligent evaluation and are profoundly wasting your time and energy.

The only bad apples are the bad apples. That's literally reality. The rest of the bunch is just fine. If you throw out the whole batch because you picked a couple of bad ones, you are not utilizing one bit of intelligent evaluation and are profoundly wasting your time and energy.

I don't think you understand what this saying entails. Or how literal reality works, lmao

@F3R4C11 I mean,I get what you are saying and by all means I agree with it to a certain degree. But there are people who are being a nuisance,and us needing to either quit,leave or just relocate isn't exactly a solution either. I believe that people who wants to role play should be allowed to just the same as the rest. This much I will agree with. What becomes a problem is really when it does become a nuisance,whether in instanced party or in the lobbies. I have yet to see it happen in PSO2 so far and I really want to emphasize that part of my statement,and I do not believe that the entire community is this way either. But we(the people who have had their experiences soiled) don't exactly look upon the community with a kind eye after the fact. This is sad,but its the reality of it.

The only bad apples are the bad apples. That's literally reality. The rest of the bunch is just fine. If you throw out the whole batch because you picked a couple of bad ones, you are not utilizing one bit of intelligent evaluation and are profoundly wasting your time and energy.

I don't think you understand what this saying entails. Or how literal reality works, lmao

It's almost like I've never actually heard anyone say it except some crazy guy with a grudge who can't discern or understand individuals on the internet. Huh.

@Morgothryuzaki said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

@F3R4C11 I mean,I get what you are saying and by all means I agree with it to a certain degree. But there are people who are being a nuisance,and us needing to either quit,leave or just relocate isn't exactly a solution either. I believe that people who wants to role play should be allowed to just the same as the rest. This much I will agree with. What becomes a problem is really when it does become a nuisance,whether in instanced party or in the lobbies. I have yet to see it happen in PSO2 so far and I really want to emphasize that part of my statement,and I do not believe that the entire community is this way either. But we(the people who have had their experiences soiled) don't exactly look upon the community with a kind eye after the fact. This is sad,but its the reality of it.

Right. If it negatively impacts you, that is when it should be reported. If you voice the concern and it is ignored, it becomes a grievance. If it is an instance and there is a penalty for leaving, you can believe I'd report every single 'griefer' involved. That's a situation one's locked into and literally penalized for not being okay with. If there is not a penalty for leaving, then block those people and move on promptly. It's a game. Don't waste your time on a bunch of unnecessary drama for a couple of fools.

It's almost like I've never actually heard anyone say it except some crazy guy with a grudge who can't discern or understand individuals on the internet. Huh.

Maybe you are not a native english speaker, since this is quite a well known phrase.

Here, maybe this helps you: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/31666/does-one-bad-apple-really-spoil-whole-bunch

You realize the interpretation of bull and weirdos doing crazy stuff is entirely a perspective and opinion and not something to be policed, right? The stance, unless something is actively hurting or taking advantage of others, is not to get involved in what you do not agree with, because that is personal. Attacking others because you do not agree with them or like what they do, even though they are not hurting others, is ridiculous. Especially in a place where you can literally just leave and try something/somewhere else.

Also, please remember that in ANY community there will be highs and lows. There will be vocal fools and quiet heroes. Regardless of the community type and caste, you always will find the virtuous and the offal (see what I did there?). That's human nature, diversity, and your own general adversity or satisfaction with your surrounding human beings. It generally is not all that wise to target and blanket flame an entire community for a few experiences with the more aggravating or thick-skulled.

Just to clarify my previous message, i do know that most ppl aren't like that but the loud minority very often gives you off the perception of a whole community and it happen that those are the bad apples and crap but they still do exist and need to learn to stop that crap, it's suck but you don't want to look bad so yeah acknowledging they even exist alone is enough.

Yet i still see some defending those at time, not here but i did.

@F3R4C11 Well,at least i see that not every person on this thread lacks reasoning. That is a relief lol. I do am glad to see that some of the RP community can be reasonable and don't condone these things. But like I said,I have yet to see these behaviours here..I may have been a little bit biased with my original reply on this topic.

Maybe you are not a native english speaker, since this is quite a well known phrase.

Here, maybe this helps you: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/31666/does-one-bad-apple-really-spoil-whole-bunch

That's funny i'm not an native English speaker but i know what a bad apple is and i barely learned stuff in school. (French language teachers are ass to learn any language really)

@Dracoco1214 Yeah I gotta admit this was kinda funny, lol. But won't hold it against them for legit not knowing it lmao

@Morgothryuzaki said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

@F3R4C11 Well,at least i see that not every person on this thread lacks reasoning. That is a relief lol. I do am glad to see that some of the RP community can be reasonable and don't condone these things. But like I said,I have yet to see these behaviours here..I may have been a little bit biased with my original reply on this topic.

Observe. Understand. React. Everyone you play with is a person as well, including RPers. They may have differing goals, but we all have things in common that a little discussion will bring to the front. In the case of behaviors that detract from others, there is undoubtedly more to that story on their end than 'they roleplay.' Most roleplayers don't roleplay through PUG dungeons, for instance. The entire idea of a PUG is that some members of the party are not necessarily roleplayers and are completely randomly-plucked individuals. If you run into a couple of roleplayers in a PUG dungeon, feel free to out them. That's not the way the dungeons or game are designed to function, especially since many such settings are also time sensitive. If you have a bad experience, however, that is not grounds to assume every one who categorizes themselves as a 'roleplayer' is going to do the exact same thing to you. If you are going to pick a grievance, research and understand what your grievance is with, first.

@Dracoco1214 Yeah I gotta admit this was kinda funny, lol. But won't hold it against them for legit not knowing it lmao

I know 'what' a bad apple is. I simply have never heard anyone actually use that phrase seriously my entire life.

I know 'what' a bad apple is. I simply have never heard anyone actually use that phrase seriously my entire life.

But do you understand the parallel this traces with letting the bad elements run rampart and unchecked? And how this actually is detrimental to people that are actually reasonable (as you seem to be)?

But do you understand the parallel this traces with letting the bad elements run rampart and unchecked? And how this actually is detrimental to people that are actually reasonable (as you seem to be)?

Do you know what stops bad apples from ruining other apples? You remove them. That is literally what I am advocating. However, that is on an individual encounter and evaluation level, not a blanket shotgun fire reaction.