A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!

@LapisWave said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

I've taken most of your context out, because later sentence clearly shows that you have no intention of being reasonable but you are passive aggressively putting sarcasm that we do not want to be reasonable.

"Instead of taking the criticism and trying to better the community as a whole what we get is "BuT iT iS tHe OtHerS nOt Me" and "tHeRe Is nO wRonG wAy tO pLaY RpErs JuSt WanT tO hAvE fUn (at the expense of other) lIkE eVerYoNe ElsE" or "iF yOu dOnT lIkE iT gEt bEnT aNd LeAvE"."

So let's talk about this, not everyone behaves like this. You are generalizing and stereotyping. And your post before, was just basically had 0 intention of trying to reason it out , but try to attack that we roleplayers are ignorant as they can get. Not true, nor is it a fact.

If you actually had payed attention to what I was saying you'd realize my main point is that non-problem members of the community most of the time chose to remain silent and let this kind of response pop up from the community and then later wonder why people view them so negatively, and not that everyone exhibits that kind of problematic behavior.

You are not doing much yourself to break this stigma by choosing to be dismissive or abstaining yourself as well.

@TheAngelneer said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

I've taken most of your context out, because later sentence clearly shows that you have no intention of being reasonable but you are passive aggressively putting sarcasm that we do not want to be reasonable.

"Instead of taking the criticism and trying to better the community as a whole what we get is "BuT iT iS tHe OtHerS nOt Me" and "tHeRe Is nO wRonG wAy tO pLaY RpErs JuSt WanT tO hAvE fUn (at the expense of other) lIkE eVerYoNe ElsE" or "iF yOu dOnT lIkE iT gEt bEnT aNd LeAvE"."

So let's talk about this, not everyone behaves like this. You are generalizing and stereotyping. And your post before, was just basically had 0 intention of trying to reason it out , but try to attack that we roleplayers are ignorant as they can get. Not true, nor is it a fact.

If you actually had payed attention to what I was saying you'd realize my main point is that non-problem members of the community most of the time chose to remain silent and let this kind of response pop up from the community and then later wonder why people view them so negatively, and not that everyone exhibits that kind of problematic behavior.

You are not doing much yourself to break this stigma by choosing to be dismissive or abstaining yourself as well.

The reason why community is silent and refusing to respond to such "criticism' is because we roleplayers on both sides - the one who tries to stay out of being labled bad and those who just don't care about what anyone says and be inconvenient for others because as you and other person mentioned: self-entitled.

The only reason I came up on this thread and started responding back is because the thread's purpose was to encourage other roleplayers to group up and chat with each other. We have 138 blocks and most of the time, you probably won't even see us in a server.

Again, throughout your posts in this thread,

@Pulptenks said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

@coldreactive said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

I'd recommend getting the RP community its own discord, to deter the generalized NA community from poking fun / starting memes. A lot of people on FFXIV split off from Balmung as a result of too many meme people joining the server, causing mass exodus to Mateus and Zalera servers.

As someone who plays on Brynhildr. Trust me, those memes are well earned.

Remember the mass exodus from Crystal because no one wanted to be stuck on the "RP Datacenter"? Of course the RP community chose to call everyone else names instead of acknowledging their own internal issues that made people flock away from them.

@Requiel said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

and run a more Mature Focused RP Alliance

That is a fancy way of saying ERP

@Merelambasted said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

@TheAngelneer Did the Role Playing community really have that hard of a time sharing spaces with others? Are the blocks not being designated going to be a problem?

It was a combination of several factors coming from the RP community (mostly from problem individuals for sure, but the RP community at large did very little to combat this in the public perception) that gave the whole community a reputation for being selfish, entitled and terrible at the game.

So when the game population grew and Square-Enix decided it was time to create a third NA datacenter and moved the main RP servers to this new datacenter a lot of people were fearful they would be stuck with bad and entitled players and we saw a massive amount of players transferring out of servers that would be a part of the new data center.

You can still see the effects of this when you look at metrics and see that the new datacenter still has by far the lowest clear rates of high-end content in NA.

From your previous behaviors throughout this thread, you've been directly attacking than criticizing. Some others have already said "not all of us are like that", but your response was: "BuT iT iS tHe OtHerS nOt Me" with sarcasm.

It just makes me see your pattern and behavior as you are just here to derail the thread without explaining your poor experiences and wanting to talk it out. You can say "not that everyone exhibits that kind of problematic behavior." - but previous posts kind of pushes it that way, and that resulted other people got defensive about it. But instead of understanding their point, you made sentences like "BuT iT iS tHe OtHerS nOt Me" which clearly shows me that you don't want to reason but brush them off implying "yeah but you are still roleplaying in the end."

What do you want us to respond then? It's clearly obvious what you want us to say, "Okay we won't pursue this RP community". But even if I disband it, that's not going to stop it. That's the point. While the other person's poor experience about dungeon related is reasonable since I do agree that RPing in a dungeon with someone you don't know is extremely inconvenient and rude, and I am pretty sure I've seen that post too in Facebook for FF14 group about it, and I did say that those people who tried to RP in a pug and wasting time is just selfish and entitled. What disagreements did I made in that situation? I didn't. I clearly agreed on to that point because I personally do not like self entitled roleplayers as well considering I am roleplayer myself, and yet take end game seriously when I am into the game.

"You are not doing much yourself to break this stigma by choosing to be dismissive or abstaining yourself as well."

I really don't need to make myself clear that you are just now trying to be condescending.

@LapisWave Sadly the game once again stopped functioning alltogether and after being forced to wipe my HDD a third time,I honestly cannot care enough to keep going. I tried every possible fixes,I have tried every alternatives. I ain't going to spend 3 hours every day reinstalling this shit. It ain't worth it.

@Morgothryuzaki said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

@LapisWave Sadly the game once again stopped functioning alltogether and after being forced to wipe my HDD a third time,I honestly cannot care enough to keep going. I tried every possible fixes,I have tried every alternatives. I ain't going to spend 3 hours every day reinstalling this shit. It ain't worth it.

We do have PSO2 Fleet Discord and PSO2 NA Discord technical support to help you get it working. There are people out there willing to help you.

I appreciate it,but the issue is the Windows Store itself at this point. The game worked perfectly day one for me,then 4 days later it stopped functionning completely. Couldn't delete it at all no matter what I tried either. I tried with the tewaker,it worked two days. Then it fucked up again on me today, And even the new tweaker method doesn't work because it keeps telling me that I need the windows store app for it to work.. I kinda give up.

@Morgothryuzaki said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

I appreciate it,but the issue is the Windows Store itself at this point. The game worked perfectly day one for me,then 4 days later it stopped functionning completely. Couldn't delete it at all no matter what I tried either. I tried with the tewaker,it worked two days. Then it fucked up again on me today, And even the new tweaker method doesn't work because it keeps telling me that I need the windows store app for it to work.. I kinda give up.

I see. Let's hope that they have resolution like they stated on June 10th from their site. Hoping that you'd be able to play at least when this issue is fixed.

@Pulptenks said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

@coldreactive said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

I'd recommend getting the RP community its own discord, to deter the generalized NA community from poking fun / starting memes. A lot of people on FFXIV split off from Balmung as a result of too many meme people joining the server, causing mass exodus to Mateus and Zalera servers.

As someone who plays on Brynhildr. Trust me, those memes are well earned.

Remember the mass exodus from Crystal because no one wanted to be stuck on the "RP Datacenter"? Of course the RP community chose to call everyone else names instead of acknowledging their own internal issues that made people flock away from them.

This is literally what happened, do you want me to lie instead because people may feel aggravated about what actually happened in FFXIV?

@Requiel said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

and run a more Mature Focused RP Alliance

That is a fancy way of saying ERP

This was clearly a joke, but nice try at a straw man.

@Merelambasted said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

@TheAngelneer Did the Role Playing community really have that hard of a time sharing spaces with others? Are the blocks not being designated going to be a problem?

It was a combination of several factors coming from the RP community (mostly from problem individuals for sure, but the RP community at large did very little to combat this in the public perception) that gave the whole community a reputation for being selfish, entitled and terrible at the game.

So when the game population grew and Square-Enix decided it was time to create a third NA datacenter and moved the main RP servers to this new datacenter a lot of people were fearful they would be stuck with bad and entitled players and we saw a massive amount of players transferring out of servers that would be a part of the new data center.

You can still see the effects of this when you look at metrics and see that the new datacenter still has by far the lowest clear rates of high-end content in NA.

Again, I am literally explaining what happened, what exactly is your point?

From your previous behaviors throughout this thread, you've been directly attacking than criticizing. Some others have already said "not all of us are like that", but your response was: "BuT iT iS tHe OtHerS nOt Me" with sarcasm. It just makes me see your pattern and behavior as you are just here to derail the thread without explaining your poor experiences and wanting to talk it out. You can say "not that everyone exhibits that kind of problematic behavior." - but previous posts kind of pushes it that way, and that resulted other people got defensive about it. But instead of understanding their point, you made sentences like "BuT iT iS tHe OtHerS nOt Me" which clearly shows me that you don't want to reason but brush them off implying "yeah but you are still roleplaying in the end."

Are you really unable to see that just coming here and saying "it is the others not me" doesn't help you in any way? It is what I have been pointing since the very start. If you do nothing to police your community and just present a dismissive argument saying you are not the problem you are literally not helping and shouldn't be surprised that the stigma doesn't go away.

I am pointing a flaw that is very prevalent and that could be worked by the community TO HELP THEM DISPEL THE NEGATIVITY PEOPLE USUALLY SHOW TOWARDS THEM.

But all I get is people being more dismissive about it and calling me a hater without even knowing what is my personal stance on RPing. The community has serious flaws, accept this and use this to better yourselves.

What do you want us to respond then? It's clearly obvious what you want us to say, "Okay we won't pursue this RP community".

????????

What I want people to do is realize that they have their work cut out for them if they want to shift how people in general view the RP community, I never said it shouldn't be allowed to exist.

Now you are just putting words in my mouth and trying to dismiss the conversation yet again.

Are you really unable to see that just coming here and saying "it is the others not me" doesn't help you in any way? It is what I have been pointing since the very start. If you do nothing to police your community and just present a dismissive argument saying you are not the problem you are literally not helping and shouldn't be surprised that the stigma doesn't go away. I am pointing a flaw that is very prevalent and that could be worked by the community TO HELP THEM DISPEL THE NEGATIVITY PEOPLE USUALLY SHOW TOWARDS THEM. But all I get is people being more dismissive about it and calling me a hater without even knowing what is my personal stance on RPing. The community has serious flaws, accept this and use this to better yourselves.

The tone of your attitude definitely doesn't show that.

Not to mention, you were upset that you had to run XBOX Tag to add friends/people in PC version of PSO2 in other threads. Like why are you already complaining about a community when you haven't actually run into them in this game especially when you haven't played it?

Are you really unable to see that just coming here and saying "it is the others not me" doesn't help you in any way? It is what I have been pointing since the very start. If you do nothing to police your community and just present a dismissive argument saying you are not the problem you are literally not helping and shouldn't be surprised that the stigma doesn't go away. I am pointing a flaw that is very prevalent and that could be worked by the community TO HELP THEM DISPEL THE NEGATIVITY PEOPLE USUALLY SHOW TOWARDS THEM. But all I get is people being more dismissive about it and calling me a hater without even knowing what is my personal stance on RPing. The community has serious flaws, accept this and use this to better yourselves.

Not to mention, you were upset that you had to run XBOX Tag to add friends/people in PC version of PSO2 in other threads. Like why are you already complaining about a community when you haven't actually run into them in this game especially when you haven't played it?

I still think the XBL stuff is stupid and hopefully it will work differently for a steam release, but what does it have to do with anything we are discussing here?

If you don't like roleplayers just change blocks.

@F3R4C11 said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

@LapisWave ¯_(ツ)_/¯

@F3R4C11 said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

@LapisWave ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah. It's really the only way to solve your problems.

I'm not into RP myself but I don't see why people are trying to hijack this thread that is dedicated to RP? Keep on doing what you do, providing a central community for like-minded individuals is a great addition to the game and helps keep it alive.

He probably said that because most ignore those problems or pretend they don't know because they are incapable to have a stance and commit to it because of the fear of the possible backlash, but you cannot simply ignore this because that could lead to an escalation of bullshit and weirdos doing crazy stuff because they think they can because they feel accepted and you can't let that happen really.

Or something like that ?

@Dracoco1214 said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

He probably said that because most ignore those problems or pretend they don't know because they are incapable to have a stance and commit to it because of the fear of the possible backlash, but you cannot simply ignore this because that could lead to an escalation of bullshit and weirdos doing crazy stuff because they think they can because they feel accepted and you can't let that happen really.

Or something like that ?

This.

But discussing the actual issue instead of treating criticism as a personal attack and going on a defensive tangent is hard.