A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!

Here are the rules:

PSO2 Players from JP need to roleplay as Arks from a parallel universe where they have already seen the future OR they can play as CAST because they have been playing for a long time and needed to become CASTs to become immortal and preserve their power!

[REDACTED]

How is the RP community doing in ship 3?

Looking forward to it, That said, I started on Ship 1 prior to MS Store nucking my install, is there a convenient way to move accross ships ?

@coldreactive said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

I'd recommend getting the RP community its own discord, to deter the generalized NA community from poking fun / starting memes. A lot of people on FFXIV split off from Balmung as a result of too many meme people joining the server, causing mass exodus to Mateus and Zalera servers.

As someone who plays on Brynhildr. Trust me, those memes are well earned.

Not a bad idea at all and it's a great plan overall, I am a Role-Player myself and run a more Mature Focused RP Alliance that puts the lore into perspective. But sadly I am on Ship 2 not Ship 3. Omega oofsies.

@Requiel said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

Not a bad idea at all and it's a great plan overall, I am a Role-Player myself and run a more Mature Focused RP Alliance that puts the lore into perspective. But sadly I am on Ship 2 not Ship 3. Omega oofsies.

You should make one in our ship! Or transfer when it appears (hopefully)

@Pulptenks said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

@coldreactive said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

I'd recommend getting the RP community its own discord, to deter the generalized NA community from poking fun / starting memes. A lot of people on FFXIV split off from Balmung as a result of too many meme people joining the server, causing mass exodus to Mateus and Zalera servers.

As someone who plays on Brynhildr. Trust me, those memes are well earned.

Remember the mass exodus from Crystal because no one wanted to be stuck on the "RP Datacenter"? Of course the RP community chose to call everyone else names instead of acknowledging their own internal issues that made people flock away from them.

@Requiel said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

and run a more Mature Focused RP Alliance

That is a fancy way of saying ERP

@TheAngelneer said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

That is a fancy way of saying ERP

I feel like you misunderstand me. Yeah sure that can happen in a Mature RP Alliance. But there is more to it than just that. Hard to portray the world of PSO2, or Phantasy Star as a whole, as a "Happy Go Lucky Kiddy Day" where a bunch of Teens save the world with little to no effort or adversity. There are plenty of stakes in the lore and a lot of things can and do happen that put the world into perspective.

No reason to assume Mature solely means "Erotic" or "Sensual". Unless of course you find the idea of handling death, grief, and trauma as 'Immature'.

@TheAngelneer Did the Role Playing community really have that hard of a time sharing spaces with others? Are the blocks not being designated going to be a problem?

lol lappland starting the rp full power, what a sight to see 😹

@Merelambasted said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

@TheAngelneer Did the Role Playing community really have that hard of a time sharing spaces with others? Are the blocks not being designated going to be a problem?

It was a combination of several factors coming from the RP community (mostly from problem individuals for sure, but the RP community at large did very little to combat this in the public perception) that gave the whole community a reputation for being selfish, entitled and terrible at the game.

So when the game population grew and Square-Enix decided it was time to create a third NA datacenter and moved the main RP servers to this new datacenter a lot of people were fearful they would be stuck with bad and entitled players and we saw a massive amount of players transferring out of servers that would be a part of the new data center.

You can still see the effects of this when you look at metrics and see that the new datacenter still has by far the lowest clear rates of high-end content in NA.

@TheAngelneer said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

@Merelambasted said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

It was a combination of several factors coming from the RP community (mostly from problem individuals for sure, but the RP community at large did very little to combat this in the public perception) that gave the whole community a reputation for being selfish, entitled and terrible at the game.

So when the game population grew and Square-Enix decided it was time to create a third NA datacenter and moved the main RP servers to this new datacenter a lot of people were fearful they would be stuck with bad and entitled players and we saw a massive amount of players transferring out of servers that would be a part of the new data center.

You can still see the effects of this when you look at metrics and see that the new datacenter still has by far the lowest clear rates of high-end content in NA.

Hi, unfortunately - everyone has to use #lookingforrp channel in discord to meet and RP instead of having designated block because of current unstable population and there will be people who don't have premiums to get into certain blocks.

So the only way to find RP is to use discord as of right now.

As an FFXIV player,I'd rather you guys stay quiet doing your own stuff outside of the game. I have seen enough of the RP community personally. Its very intrusive to other people. I don't need to see a damn Balmung 2.0.

@Morgothryuzaki said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

As an FFXIV player,I'd rather you guys stay quiet doing your own stuff outside of the game. I have seen enough of the RP community personally. Its very intrusive to other people. I don't need to see a damn Balmung 2.0.

Told you guys the RP community got a very bad rep in FFXIV lmao.

I would advise against assigning "unofficial RP blocks", the last thing you want is to attract negative attention because people now start complaining they have to be mindful of "THE RP BLOCK" every time they log-in or get back from a mission.