A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!

@TheAngelneer said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

@LapisWave said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!: Instead, you are trying to keep this discussion saying Roleplayers need to be "tamed" by being controlled so they would stop being placed as bad people.

This is true for literally any community in the planet, this is not a personal take on the RP community.

If you disagree with what I am saying you are free to give me your own argument for me to work with, chose to agree to disagree or ignore me. I won't step down from what seems to be a productive discussion just because you disagree with it.

I am not sure where you live in, but most people or communities can't 100% tame/control others to behave as accordingly. Period. It doesn't matter if it's RP community, if it's fan community or any community. People will speak their minds and rebel or do whatever they want to with their selfishness. They aren't dogs/pigs or whatever they are as pets. They are people. They have their own independent mind and thinking, just like you refusing to back off on and keep derailing the thread, again with another post.

Obviously you are now at this point here, trolling trying to lock down this thread to stir up problems when the thread was made for good purpose for its own for those who are interested in roleplaying. That's a personal problem, and I really hope you'll get yourself helped to relieve that PTSD with your experience with other roleplayers. Because that is very unhealthy for you to pursue it. I really do feel sorry for your pain.

And also, if I were you, I'd worry about trying to consider about playing the game before worrying about a small group of community being in a possibly different server you are planning to go in and which block you'l be staying instead.

God speed to you.

@Morgothryuzaki You're totally right, often the extremes of both sides are represented. My main point though is that instead of communities clashing, let people play how they want and maintain the boundaries that you want. If some really despise rp in general, then block those who partake as they pop up for example. If you want to have a full rp run of a mission, host it privately as not to involve those who wish not to partake. Play game, have fun, no mad

@LapisWave Obviously a 100% efficient self-policing is unattainable, reality is not Minority Report, this doesn't mean ignoring the problem is the right call either. We can't stop people from breaking laws, but we ain't abolishing laws because of this either.

But if you want to do nothing about it and just let the community be persecuted forever, then hey, god speed to you too.

@Parallax I think that is a fair point. I don't think that I'll block anyone unless they really overstep very precise boundaries,otherwise I might cut myself from nice people to interract and play with. If I did block anyone here I would have missed out on chatting with decent people. We may disagree on things,but we don't insult each other out. We are all adults(presumably) and we can communicate acccordingly.

these people really have alot of free time to come to a forum to cry about rp and rplayers in a game with what. . .a good 30 or 40 blocks to choose. . . Sound like someone with a hate against this group. Soon they will make riots inside ship 3 and loot the ingame shops. I find hilarious how some people find themself troubled about the rp community to come and express their opinion against it, instead of staying quiet and using ingame tools like block. Guess some people need their 10-20 minute of attention.

@YuuKarnstein said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

Guess some people need their 10-20 minute of attention.

Looks at watch, I mean if you need more time you can stay and have a discussion. Even if they are getting heated at least they aren't resorting to sowing real world division.

When I went to bed seven hours ago this thread was on page 4. What the hell.

Okay, in retrospect, how about we don't all break our backs trying to argue with the two people feverishly stereotyping an entire community?

Jesus christ.

Edit: Okay, okay, sorry, I'm not trying to pour more gasoline on the fire, I just think we've made all the good points we can make, and some people are angrily triple-posting in this conversation, so... Shame about the thread though.

@Sha-Seng I mean it's hard to debate that kind of subject all thing considered, it's very prone to escalation.

Did anyone even bother to specify which blocks the RPers are on so the people who want to avoid them can have an easier time doing so? You should at least be doing such a small and simple courtesy. Those of us who actually have an interest in doing RP can have an easier time finding it too. (I'm personally not at a point where I want to spend my time on that, plus I need to buy a ship transfer after gearing up my RP character with my main and that's all going to take time)

@Mattwo7 said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

Did anyone even bother to specify which blocks the RPers are on so the people who want to avoid them can have an easier time doing so? You should at least be doing such a small and simple courtesy. Those of us who actually have an interest in doing RP can have an easier time finding it too. (I'm personally not at a point where I want to spend my time on that, plus I need to buy a ship transfer after gearing up my RP character with my main and that's all going to take time)

Because the blocks are currently full at off peak time and can be unpredictable, we use Group/Discord to arrange where to meet for RP at that certain time. Feel free to ask whenever to hang out.

Hello, for those who are using Steam and haven't played PSO2 yet, we have RP community for those who wishes to join.

Hello! I'm interested in in-character play. I'm a veteran (though mostly solo) player who never ran into any roleplayers on the Japanese server, but would always have liked to.

A fair bit of time has passed since the previous discussion. How has the RP community been shaping up on the US server? Is there an ongoing shared story that acts as a backdrop, or do people simply play in-character and let their own little stories play out within the existing lore of the game?

Is the standard practice still to arrange in-game RP meet-ups via Discord, or do roleplayers now have a block that they can go to and expect to run into other roleplayers?

@A-Former-User said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

@Morgothryuzaki said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

I don't want to see half naked people doing pole dance in the middle of a mission.(because you KNOW that is happening somewhere)

Ah, it was always fun to load into a dungeon for a dose of SURPRISE RP with a Fairyless Scholar because they had a fight with their fairy or some other bullshit ("I'm on a quest to recover my soul crystal!" - level 80 CNJ in Amauroth).

Oh, oh, I have a story to add to this too!

I literally had a group in the Grand Cosmos dungeon where I ended up with an RPing healer and DPS. Apparently the Tank and I upset them by igniting the piano on the final boss fight, because god knows what they wanted to do with it, which resulted in them wiping us the first time. The second time, the Tank (a Paladin) and myself (a Ninja) caught on to what tweedle dee and tweedle dumb were doing. We saved the Piano for the second ignite, where I ignited it, the Tank started to self heal, and we managed to burn the boss down before the healer could wipe us again for destroying their precious RP toy.

The pair were absolutely livid at us, but hey, the Tank and I got the job done. I get that people want to RP - but for the love of god, do it with other like minded individuals. Don't join a random group in a dungeon, quest, UQ, or what have you in ANY game, then expect the people that aren't RPers to bend over backwards to cater to you.

The majority of us just want to play the damned game, not indulge you in whatever RP fantasy you have, and this coming from someone who is an avid pen and paper role player.

Cool to see an RP community. I'd join but I don't do it so often anymore.

I also have to agree that the extent of obnoxious RP so far is people spamming public auto-chats, which are easily blacklisted. The majority of weirdos in block 1, 2, and 69 tend to give off the vibe that they actually wish they were their characters instead of just playing them. So I'm sorry if you guys have gotten a bad rep for that. Hope you're doing well.

What type of rp does this game attract? Im kinda curious

I'm really not into anime for kids and tea tiddies parties, but Im quite fond of RP, especially mature ones