A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!

@Morgothryuzaki So the pain was the repetitive wiping, I can understand your disappointment if you wanted to be efficient. But would you accept the same result because a few people in your PuG are just really bad and not doing it "the way it should be done" ?

• If that's the case, then your problem are PuGs, not RPers

• If that's NOT the case, then ask yourself why you are blaming the RPers specifically

@Utahime39 There is a massive difference between someone who doesn't know mechanics and are struggling at the game and people coming in to PURPOSEFULLY die.

I ain't continuing this conversation with you. Clearly you refuse to see the wrong in this shit and all you want to do is defend role players until your very death. This is going nowhere at all.

@Utahime39 said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

@Morgothryuzaki Who decided that matchmaking was forbidden to RPers ? Again I don't know about FFXIV but on WoW an instance can be rich in lore and doing it RP-style interesting. I understand that you did not like the way they played, but that does not make their way necessarily bad. I assume that next time you're in a PuG that states they're gonna RP the instance, you'll just leave. But that does not make the RPers bad people.

See, this right here is part of the reason RPers have the rep they have right now. It is NOT okay to force your RP into people, specially in instanced content where people are interested in COMPLETING the content, not listening to your ramblings for a full hour.

Why should anyone be forced to leave and get timed out of queueing for content because a few RPers decided that whoever comes their way is now forced into their 2h cringefest RP-walk through a dungeon?

Your argument goes right back at ya, if you want to RP queue with a full party and if people are not welcoming of your RPing then leave the dungeon yourself.

Also, no one buy this "there is no wrong way of playing" shtick, there is an incredible amount of ways to play wrong and cause other people problems, stop encouraging this type of behavior.

@TheAngelneer Finally someone with common sense...... I have nothing against the role players or role play in itself. I have something against it being forced on me.

Forcing RP on other is like very wrong i must agree, especially if it mess up your gameplay experience or your whole team. The people that does that have no notion of consent, or decide to ignore to bully you or because they are braindead.

@Morgothryuzaki said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

@TheAngelneer Finally someone with common sense...... I have nothing against the role players or role play in itself. I have something against it being forced on me.

I love it that I said a while back in this thread that while the problem mostly resides with problem individuals, the RP community at large does nothing to dispel the sentiment or to dissuade said bad elements... lo and behold, it is happening right here again before our very eyes. Instead of taking the criticism and trying to better the community as a whole what we get is "BuT iT iS tHe OtHerS nOt Me" and "tHeRe Is nO wRonG wAy tO pLaY RpErs JuSt WanT tO hAvE fUn (at the expense of other) lIkE eVerYoNe ElsE" or "iF yOu dOnT lIkE iT gEt bEnT aNd LeAvE".

@Dracoco1214 And that's my whole point. Especially when you are forced to wait the full run or take a 30 minutes penalty,even though you are a paying customer..

@TheAngelneer Yeah this is why I don't want to see or have anything to do with the RP community. I cannot stand this self entitled attitude.

@TheAngelneer said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

Instead of taking the criticism and trying to better the community as a whole

There is a difference between criticism and making a shout about "I don't want you roleplayers ruining this game". Just saying.

@LapisWave Yet there are a lot of people who fit in this category sadly. If you aren't one of them,the great and keep on going on. But meanwhile you cannot blame people to be sour at your community for the harm they have done us.

@LapisWave There is also a difference between taking criticism and saying everything is a take on the RP community and ignoring all the valid points and problematic views inside the community that popped up in this thread that you decided to ignore in favor of quoting a few words of my post out of context and dismissing the whole conversation.

@LapisWave Yet there are a lot of people who fit in this category sadly. If you aren't one of them,the great and keep on going on. But meanwhile you cannot blame people to be sour at your community for the harm they have done us.

Considering how I am running the community for this game, and I've made my share in my own discord about how I felt about RP community in general, I personally do feel that we RP community ourselves are diverse and try to separate from the bad eggs as much as possible. I've had my own share same as yours in FF14 where I've pugged with couple of those who decided to RP and take their time when I asked them to do it in their own appropriate time or make premade fully instead of Duty Finding it, they refused and told me to leave. So I told them to boot me out to reduce my duty cooldown and they did do so. And people like these are indefinitely rude, and your poor experience was on point.

I didn't talk too much about it in this thread because your argument and reasoning is something to hear about to us roleplayers because it is very important that we roleplayers should try not to inconvenient other players who just want to play the game, and we should do things at our own time, privately if we need to.

At first, I was a bit intimidated by your post because I assumed your statement was in general at public areas where it should not have affected you greatly, but I see what you mean when you are actually doing dungeons / raids and people doing that is very selfish and inconvenient, and unaccommodating for others who do not want that. And I totally respect and understand your point. I feel the same as you, and which is why I didn't pursue arguing with you about it.

I also run another non-roleplay general gameplay discord for everyone to join, and everyone makes fun of RP in there and I just laugh it along because it's really something I am just used to. When people assume RP, it's always comes along as "bad players who do nothing but cybering or dont care about the game" and, it's only half true, and most players don't know some of us roleplayers also dislike those kinds.

Anyways, no matter what some of us say "I am not that kind of person", but in the end, it really depends on who you meet. If you want to enjoy doing runs, feel free to seek me out in Ship 3.

@LapisWave I litterally bear no ill will towards the general RP population,like I said its really a matter of coming across the toxic population. And yes there are people on both sides that are toxic. I am fully aware of it.

@TheAngelneer said in A roleplaying community for NA? Yes!:

@LapisWave There is also a difference between taking criticism and saying everything is a take on the RP community and ignoring all the valid points and problematic views inside the community that popped up in this thread that you decided to ignore in favor of quoting a few words of my post out of context and dismissing the whole conversation.

I've taken most of your context out, because later sentence clearly shows that you have no intention of being reasonable but you are passive aggressively putting sarcasm that we do not want to be reasonable.

"Instead of taking the criticism and trying to better the community as a whole what we get is "BuT iT iS tHe OtHerS nOt Me" and "tHeRe Is nO wRonG wAy tO pLaY RpErs JuSt WanT tO hAvE fUn (at the expense of other) lIkE eVerYoNe ElsE" or "iF yOu dOnT lIkE iT gEt bEnT aNd LeAvE"."

So let's talk about this, not everyone behaves like this. You are generalizing and stereotyping. And your post before, was just basically had 0 intention of trying to reason it out , but try to attack that we roleplayers are ignorant as they can get. Not true, nor is it a fact.

@LapisWave I litterally bear no ill will towards the general RP population,like I said its really a matter of coming across the toxic population. And yes there are people on both sides that are toxic. I am fully aware of it.

Yes. I've read your whole posts and you've made that clear statement. I appreciate that you are being reasonable. Again, if you want to seek to do runs and play games with, I am always open in my Ship to help players. (despite me dying for being glass cannon)