[PC] The game just deleted itself

just has it delete itself while playing the game. I switched characters, and stuff wasnt loading right. i could walk around but couldnt talk to npc's. so i exited the game, and found it was gone. had to spend an hour doing the repair

Why do I have to re-download every time there is an update? always after the update, I cant open the game. I used the repair and reset in the app and it doesn't work. This sucks but oh well at least STEAM will have it soon. I'm hopeful that it will be better.

Fourth time the game dies on my PC, this time errors were found in nProtect. I hope STEAM will be better as well.

Happened once again, this time on my birthday.

Freaking great way to steer my money away from this game, cause I definitely don't want to sub again until a Switch release.

@MasterDarkwingz why not use the steam version? Though my steam version nuked itself, it's rare to happen on steam. Luckily I still had tweaker so didn't need to reinstall. Tweakers been the best expierence so far for pso

@Tri-Edge said in [PC] The game just deleted itself:

@MasterDarkwingz why not use the steam version? Though my steam version nuked itself, it's rare to happen on steam. Luckily I still had tweaker so didn't need to reinstall. Tweakers been the best expierence so far for pso

Installing this app twice on an Alienware that could probably only come up with more errors and issues sounds like a nightmare, tbh.

@MasterDarkwingz said in [PC] The game just deleted itself:

Installing this app twice on an Alienware that could probably only come up with more errors and issues sounds like a nightmare, tbh.

If you install fresh through the tweaker, you can follow a guide that turns your install into a dual MS/Steam install off of one physical install. Haven't had any issues yet, but I also didn't have any issues with the MS Store Tweaker version (I definitely did with just vanilla MS Store version though). But if you hop to the Steam version, make sure you do your account link from the MS Store correctly too, or you won't be able to play the same account on Steam. Using a third party launcher seemed weird to me at first, but after poking around their discord a bit it definitely seems like they care about the game more than MS and are pretty responsive.

I haven't heard any actual dates for the Switch/Cloud release, so you might not want to hold your breath on that.

@Akonyl said in [PC] The game just deleted itself:

If you install fresh through the tweaker, you can follow a guide that turns your install into a dual MS/Steam install off of one physical install. Haven't had any issues yet, but I also didn't have any issues with the MS Store Tweaker version (I definitely did with just vanilla MS Store version though). But if you hop to the Steam version, make sure you do your account link from the MS Store correctly too, or you won't be able to play the same account on Steam. Using a third party launcher seemed weird to me at first, but after poking around their discord a bit it definitely seems like they care about the game more than MS and are pretty responsive.

I haven't heard any actual dates for the Switch/Cloud release, so you might not want to hold your breath on that.

Already tried the Tweaker, never worked.

My guess for official release is somewhere before NGS, when Microsoft wants more money and a wider audience to pay for the funds invested into the upgrade.

I can definitely see Nintendo being the ones to delay the crossplay release, if only to debug issues Microsoft sends them.

@Akonyl said in [PC] The game just deleted itself:

Already tried the Tweaker, never worked.

My guess for official release is somewhere before NGS, when Microsoft wants more money and a wider audience to pay for the funds invested into the upgrade.

I can definitely see Nintendo being the ones to delay the crossplay release, if only to debug issues Microsoft sends them.

Have you tried Installing PSO2 thru the XBOX Companion App? I had trouble with the MS install and then went with the XBOX APP, Its been stable ever since.

@MasterDarkwingz AliEn WaRe has notthing to do with anything,. . . . weird flex tho.

Don't necro threads please.

@Ki-Rin Hi, wondering if you had any additional information to share about this issue about wiping an entire drive. I reinstalled the game on my secondary hard drive and now the hard drive is no longer being detected in my PC or BIOS.