[PC] The game just deleted itself

@Novaline What they should have done was OBT's on PC first, not Xbox One. That ship has sailed, and there's no use complaining about it now.

Ok so I got he game to work no problem even after turnign off and turning on the computer now. It worked after i decided to do a recovery state before installing pso2 launcher pre launch. I also before decided to manual set on secondary harddrive to be set for prime since for some reason microsoft store is still shit after all these years defulting to your c drives. Now everythign works fine and i was able to play it for 5 hours straight without problems.

@Kisai I mean this kind of was a big OBT of you think about it. Now they know not to do this in the future with PC releases.

@ERICK001BC said in [PC] The game just deleted itself:

@Kisai I mean this kind of was a big OBT of you think about it. Now they know not to do this in the future with PC releases.

The right thing to do at this point would be to credit back any money spent on the game by all players the minute this started.

Like, I've been playing MMORPG's since the 90's, Every. Single. MMORPG. has done this, even with CBT and OBT. Just look at FFXIV during every content release. Same problem.

Really more blame has to be laid at SEGA's feet for not releasing the English version to NA when they released it for SEA, or just making the game multi-lingual with JP audio to begin with. We don't know the specifics of why they didn't, and thus that ship sailed too. As with most things SEGA, they do things that makes it seem like they hate money, and it just doesn't make sense when SEGA has US offices.

@Kisai My only consolation wish would be when they release the next one , it better be at the same time world wide. No excuse from NA Sega to say NA aren't interested, or the rest of the world outside of Japan for that matter.

So i got the game to work was able to play it no problem. I turn off my pc and turn it on after sleeping and again teh fiels are fucken gone again. Thank you microsoft for giving me of a headache than it needs to.

Friends, the PSO2 tweaker (that was used for JP installs before NA release) is now available for NA PSO2. https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/gskbtj/pso_tweaker_now_support_na_apparently/ PSO2 tweaker installs tend to not delete themselves which is good. You first install the game on the Microsoft store, then open the tweaker to do the downloading of the files. Make sure you follow the instructions if this is your first tweaker! It worked for me and my game didn't delete itself! Please give this amazing game another chance and try the PSO2 tweaker. The tweaker is in the discord, which there is a link to it in the reddit!

@SidedCornet1 said in [PC] The game just deleted itself:

So i got the game to work was able to play it no problem. I turn off my pc and turn it on after sleeping and again teh fiels are fucken gone again. Thank you microsoft for giving me of a headache than it needs to.

please give the PSO2 tweaker a try since they've been doing this for the past couple of years to get all the western players into JP servers.

@ERICK001BC said in [PC] The game just deleted itself:

@Kisai My only consolation wish would be when they release the next one , it better be at the same time world wide. No excuse from NA Sega to say NA aren't interested, or the rest of the world outside of Japan for that matter.

Honestly this is the thing that should be considered most, but will almost certainly be considered least.

In this regard, the launch of Online 2 was worse than that of Universe, which is frankly silly. Back then it was just that US got 1 month extra access compared to the rest of the world who had an officially-supported release instead of needing various workarounds. Meanwhile PC, PS2 and Xbox 360 all released together (instead of 3 months apart) and there wasn't 30 missed campaigns, closed beta specials, seasons and everything else between when the first player could play and when the last one could.

@Miraglyth One can only hope.

I have the Tweaker, and my game still committed not-alive on me. Downloaded it almost immediately after a 45hr download of the game, since I was having trouble getting in after downloading the darn thing. Was able to play it twice, took a nap, then, less than half the time it took to download the darn game, it was gone =.=

I hate this. Why does PSO2 only like the C:drive

This is the second time it has happened to me as well, i noticed it happens when i open the microsoft store, worst part it's that the space on my hard drive it's not even liberated, what can i do?

This was a problem before with game-guard... now with windows.

If you don't set the exception for antivirus / firewall settings to the pso2_bin folders, as well as modifiablewindowsapp / windowsapp, they will outright delete all of your exe folders in protection to possible malware, despite all of the PSO2 files not being malware.

Protection software also does a boot up scan and will delete them as well the moment you restart your computer. Setting the exception will help this when you re-install next time.

Guys! Get the PSO2Tweaker it solves literally everything. Just select the North American option.