[PC] The game just deleted itself

At least you still have your other files alive. In the past, Japanese version wiped away some player's storage. Hopefully it wouldn't happen again.

@Heide334 it did na had their harddrive as well

@SidedCornet1 I think you may have quoted/reply to the wrong person. I never said anything negative toward any of your post. Just our good old sith lord over here. @Zarozian

@ERICK001BC sorry my mistake. But ya Microsoft screw PC by putting on their crap store and now we suffer due to it.

Mine did not delete itself, but the install got corrupted and I now have to remove everything and start re-downloading once again.

What's worse is that from MS Store I can't press the "REINSTALL" button, because pressing it does nothing, uninstalling it from Settings also does nothing.

So I literally have to go to the directory, select files and SHIFT + DELETE them... and there are millions of files in there.. this is gonna take forever.

@Allwynd01 It was fine at first I close the vamet left for 2 hours and it stop working

I just want to play the damn game alt text

@Cat said in [PC] The game just deleted itself:

We all do, but the stupid MS Store is preventing people from playing it.

@Heide334 said in [PC] The game just deleted itself:

At least you still have your other files alive. In the past, Japanese version wiped away some player's storage. Hopefully it wouldn't happen again.

That was because of a botched preload system the launcher used to have, they have removed that system since then.

@Ezodagrom said in [PC] The game just deleted itself:

@Heide334 said in [PC] The game just deleted itself:

That was because of a botched preload system the launcher used to have, they have removed that system since then.

I downloaded the game yesterday, after the PC launch took place so I should have skipped the pre-load part, but still my game files got corrupted.

@Allwynd01 I should have clarified that I was talking only about the JP version.

Many years ago, the official launcher used to have a preload system, but in an update, when it was time to remove the backups from the preload, the launcher broke and started to delete files unrelated to PSO2. Ever since that happened the launcher's preload system was never used again.

The preload in the NA version was through the MS store though, not the game's launcher.

@Cat said in [PC] The game just deleted itself:

Stay strong. You have my support. It's time to show that goldfish your smile and maybe get a smile back.

So I did recovery/system restore and now it's letting me download the launcher from the shitty store hopefully it works

@SidedCornet1 I tried re-downloading again, but this time it did not ask me whether I want to install it on C:\ or D:\ .. so I decided to do something crazy:

I waited for to install on C:\ , then I moved the installation (before patching) on D:\ and now I will try to patch it as a stanalone game, not part of the MS CrapStore and see if I will be able to play. If that doesn't work, I'm giving up on this game...

The launch has been the worst game launch in history and I've been playing PC games since 1999.