[PC] The game just deleted itself

I know the feeling I'm just hoping.it works

Okay so, am I just extremely lucky?

I shut down my PC last night, woke up this morning, turned on my PC. I had a couple of my alliance members tell me there is this issue now, so I went to check if my files and stuff were okay.

They're fine, I was able to launch the game fine and all. One of my members had this issue that seems to be happening to a lot of you all happen to him. I'm just confused why my stuff isn't poofed, unless there's also RNG outside of this game, too.

I hope we get an official stance from Microsoft, this is not acceptable. We would of been better off with a standalone version, SINCE IT'S ALREADY A LAUNCHER. Why do I need to go through MS Store for a f***ing launcher? You have to download the rest of the game via the launcher, anyways.....

This PC launch is a hot mess and proves that Microsoft should of had an Open Beta so that these issues could of been solved MONTHS ago.

@Novaline PSO2 yeeted itself off my computer. Thats good since i'm not stuck with it like most people are and they are trying hard to get it off their comp

A few things I wanted to bring up as I noticed this time around I haven't lost my files.. This was concurring for me yesterday and I was experimenting with it.

I re-installed but changed two things.... The first time I lost everything I didn't see why.. The second time around, Kapersky deleted all of the EXE files in that folder.

Set the default drive as the one you want to install from your Settings --> System --> Storage --> Change where new Content is saved --> New Apps will save to: (change this to desired drive.)

As soon as I installed it the third time, I immediately set an exception on Kapersky for scans from the Mutable windows app, as well as windows app.

I have reset the computer multiple times now and my EXE files are intact and I have been able to play the game consistently.. (It also might help to run the APP from your start menu rather than the Microsoft Store. Not sure if this would be different but I haven't hit the play button on the microsoft store ever since)

I only use defender and made an exclusion for the whole folder, so this was definitely the Windows Store. I didn't even know how I finally managed to install the damn thing, and just restarting after the tutorial this happens lol

This is ridiculous, do they even test it themselves

@Go said in [PC] The game just deleted itself:

Are you going to try to reinstall? I might be not likely since the game might just delete itself again.

I taught I was the only one with this bug...

I really wish I could share what I did to install the game and stuff but honestly, I haven't done anything. Install the game from store just fine. I did make a shortcut on my desktop so I didn't have to access the store everytime tho. Launched it, installed the patch data. Everything works right out of the gate. Shut off my PC when I went to bed. Boot up my PC, logged in, everything is working fine. Idk if having the Xbox App helps but the game never asks for me to log into my account since the Xbox app is always opened.

Trust me, its a blessing in disguise. Lucky sod

@Novaline said in [PC] The game just deleted itself:

Okay so, am I just extremely lucky?

I shut down my PC last night, woke up this morning, turned on my PC. I had a couple of my alliance members tell me there is this issue now, so I went to check if my files and stuff were okay.

They're fine, I was able to launch the game fine and all. One of my members had this issue that seems to be happening to a lot of you all happen to him. I'm just confused why my stuff isn't poofed, unless there's also RNG outside of this game, too.

I hope we get an official stance from Microsoft, this is not acceptable. We would of been better off with a standalone version, SINCE IT'S ALREADY A LAUNCHER. Why do I need to go through MS Store for a f***ing launcher? You have to download the rest of the game via the launcher, anyways.....

This PC launch is a hot mess and proves that Microsoft should of had an Open Beta so that these issues could of been solved MONTHS ago.

An Open Beta would never solve this.

Open Beta's are for load tests. The game client being unable to download/deleting itself is entirely on Microsoft. If I was betting, I'd say what his happening is the MS Store downloads the 11GB chunk and then panics when it no longer matches after the PSO2 launcher downloads the remaining 68GB.

@Kisai

My point I was making is that if PC launched on OBT, they could of squashed these problems by now. This is still half-assed on their part for being radio silent about the fact most players cannot play.

The fact that people have fully given up on NA because of how horrible this launch went proves that maybe those PC players complaining about being pushed to the side were actually right all along. I don't get how you can mess up a launch THIS badly.

I don't even know what to do guy. 😢 My game delete its shelf 2 time... I'm going to gicve up soon.... Been 2 day I tried to instal it...

@Kisai said in [PC] The game just deleted itself:

An Open Beta would never solve this.

Open Beta's are for load tests. The game client being unable to download/deleting itself is entirely on Microsoft. If I was betting, I'd say what his happening is the MS Store downloads the 11GB chunk and then panics when it no longer matches after the PSO2 launcher downloads the remaining 68GB.

Betas are for stress and server performance testing but also for extended feedback on everything from gameplay to technical stability from customers who are more invested in wanting to play a good game than paid testers and who - especially on PC - have a far more diverse range of systems and hardware than can easily or cheaply be covered by internal testing.

Installer and launcher issues definitely fall within the remit of benefit a beta can bring.

@Go said in [PC] The game just deleted itself:

As much as they are testing new Windows 10 builds... A.K.A. not at all - they just create stuff and publish it, we the users are their lab rats who test everything. This is the quality of Microsoft nowadays - feels like a F2P Asian MMORPG in beta stage level of quality.