[PC] The game just deleted itself

Well, five days of re-downloading and I'll be just in time for the maintenance down, which may or may not increase the download needed (new content ? No new content ? Surprise !). I love this game already 😄

I do hope that installing from the tweaker will work this time. I aim to increase the downloading/playing ratio to at least 1:1, no matter how unreasonable it seems !

@Berryl0 said in [PC] The game just deleted itself:

Well, five days of re-downloading and I'll be just in time for the maintenance down, which may or may not increase the download needed (new content ? No new content ? Surprise !). I love this game already 😄

I do hope that installing from the tweaker will work this time. I aim to increase the downloading/playing ratio to at least 1:1, no matter how unreasonable it seems !

It work for me, my PC crash today and i was scared that the file might have deleted again, but I'am happy it didn't

Well I just finished installing the game yesterday after almost 2 weeks of downloading (rural Canada) and the game deleted itself and I can't even view the folders I installed the game to since it says I don't have permissions, wtf. so now Im having to manually delete everything, is there any point to trying to reinstall it again when it'll take this long again? Have Sega/Microsoft said anything about this? Im sure they haven't

@dotphil It sounds more like an antivirus issue. Check your windows defender setting to see what was deleted, You can still restore those files. Also, If you happen to use another Antivirus Program, Disable it. and then give it a go. As far as windows Defender, Add PSO2 to windows Defender as a "Safe " Program.

@DDDDLife said in [PC] The game just deleted itself:

@dotphil It sounds more like an antivirus issue. Check your windows defender setting to see what was deleted, You can still restore those files. Also, If you happen to use another Antivirus Program, Disable it. and then give it a go. As far as windows Defender, Add PSO2 to windows Defender as a "Safe " Program.

Sounds like MS CrappStore screwing up the game files. No need to send him on a wild goose chase to waste his time fiddling with settings, the only solution is to wait for a standalone, MS CrappStore free installer, seems like it might be coming this August:

PSO2 New Trailer Teases More PC Platforms…Oh And Ep 4 Coming in August: https://www.mmobomb.com/news/pso2-new-trailer-teases-pc-platforms-oh-ep-4-coming-august/

I agree, But what about those that just want to play the game now.?

Had this happen to me for the last few days in a row

This happened to a friend of mine as well. This is concerning.

Just happened to me for the 12th time since pc release. Only reason I continue to reinstall it is because I bought premium. Get. This. Off. The. MS. Store. Once my premium runs out and the game uninstalls itself again I'm not even gonna bother. I shoulda known better after the hell I went through with Gears of War 4 before buying a premium.

Once you have the game on a more reliable storefront to download I'll be back til then, straight trash.

Just happened to me AGAIN!

This keeps happening. This is just horrible that the MS store can't even leave it's own installs installed!

MS can't do a digital store. Period. They killed Windows Phone with their digital store, and now it's killing PSO2.

Time for STEAM people! IT WORKS!

yeah i was getting into this game and my game stopped working twice for seemimgly no reason and i had to uninstall it thru unconventional means, it sucked. Also sucks cause i just joined a alliance and yeah i was getting into it 😞

Have you all tried the tweaker? I know i'am sure some of us already mention this alot of time. Tweaker did fixed my pso2 from deleting itself. I tried both restart and sleep mode, then game perfectly fine. OH also I heard that you must install the game on your C drive. My first game got deleted before when I was not using tweaker and also install it in my external drive.

At this point even the games media writing articles suggesting people use PSO2 Tweaker because the Microsoft Store launch has been a disaster

There is also the option of Downloading PSO2 Via a torrent Client.: ....>HERE

Can confirm that this just happened to me as well. Took a nap and woke up to my pc being updated. Tried to launch PSO2 and it was like nah cant find that crap. Checked the saved location and there were no files in the normal folder. Testing tweaker now. Wish they went with steam and not microsh*t. Had an issue with downloading forza... The issue that they will be facing is the cross platform and their friendlist implementation. Should have just stuck with a normal friendlist like on JP. Hate leaving the game just to add someone.