[PC] The game just deleted itself

I was playing just fine at launch, got to level 15 Ranger or something. Then took a nap. After booting up the PC, when I try to launch the game, waited 15 minutes nothing appears.

When I checked my installed location folder, it only have like 18GB... The game just deleted itself, alt text

The game files, it's all gone missing.

alt text

I need help. I never heard about a game deleting itself, except Fallout 76

At least it didn't wipe the entire drive like Minecraft Dungeons did.

It's not just you, it happened to a lot of people, usually after rebooting. I think it has something to do with the botched permissions, then MS Store checks it, thinks there's a problem and nukes the whole thing.

When you see that, it's basically in a half uninstalled state. For me when that happened, attempting to then uninstall it through normal means will fail (and it hangs indefinitely), and then restarting my computer "completed" the uninstall and the launcher itself was gone, and the rest of the data moved to the MutableBackup folder under WindowsApps. You'll have to delete that manually to get the space back, it's a weird state and it's not really clear why this is happening.

Microsoft store is the reason. The store outs bloatware into it on purpose so in case you delete it or uninstall it. THIS IS WHY MICROSOFT STORE IS TRASH. Due too this it acutal fuck up my entire game so I am needing to delete and move stuff making my head hurt.

What should I do next.... If I have to redownload the game again everytime I rebooted my PC, then it's F up!

@Cat said in [PC] The game just deleted itself:

What should I do next.... If I have to redownload the game again everytime I rebooted my PC, then it's F up!

And that is the unfortunate situation many of us are in at the moment.

You either need to do a full wipe and backup or find the hidden files Microsoft put on your PC on purpose and delete it. This is part sega but MICROSOFT is the real villian. Never did I had trouble with this in my life until today.

That's why the reviews of the game on PSO2 has sank to the bottom of the tank with a score of 1.2. in the Microsoft Store lol.

@Zarozian I already saw and contribute. I played for 3 hours log off for work came back launcher wouldn't open no update was working Microsoft store being it was the problem and it won't let me uninstall cause of it. So now I need do a soft reset to.get it to work. This game.better save my progress I swear. This just proves the point it in steam your all good. Cause I can say steam don't put BLOAT WARE ON PURPOSE.

@SidedCornet1 said in [PC] The game just deleted itself:

@Zarozian I already saw and contribute. I played for 3 hours log off for work came back launcher wouldn't open no update was working Microsoft store being it was the problem and it won't let me uninstall cause of it. So now I need do a soft reset to.get it to work. This game.better save my progress I swear. This just proves the point it in steam your all good. Cause I can say steam don't put BLOAT WARE ON PURPOSE.

How do you the soft reset? I don't want to keep redownloading my game everytime I reboot my PC.

This Windows Store is a junk, JP version of PC didn't have this so much pain

Mine did that last night, except it didn't free the space up so it was still eating up 60 gigs of space but also didn't exist.

@Zarozian said in [PC] The game just deleted itself:

That's why the reviews of the game on PSO2 has sank to the bottom of the tank with a score of 1.2. in the Microsoft Store lol.

Out of curiosity, did you happen to help out with that? Seen a few of your messages almost happy that this shit didn't go as planned. Not trying to start anything, Just curious, and thought it would be clever with the thread being posted by a cat.

Don't worry you guys...I have a brilliant solution and one that you will like but I need to make a new thread for it.

@ERICK001BC I made a post stating what has happened to my situation I was fair didn't say any negative words. But I express that because it's Microsoft store this happen.