Inconsiderate extention

Not feeling this 7 hr extention fellas, I mean 1am - 8am (GMT / CET) middle of the night nonsense. Some of us have jobs to go to, just switch it on and leave it on for a few days. (sic)

In their defense, the beta is technically for North America-- it's just thankfully not region-locked. And there were some pretty early morning things for us here too ^^; I actually missed out on the first few yesterday morning.

At the very least, I think the complaint shows just how many people are looking forward to playing more too.

Still better than not being able to play due to not owning the console.

@AnonMarc said in Inconsiderate extention:

Still better than not being able to play due to not owning the console.

Daaamn yeah that sucks. You werent tempted to go out and buy a ONE /S they're like 100 £/$/ Euros atm totally worth it.

@Geordie-P I was supper tempted to go grab one even tried craigslist for a few days but after some time i just decided to let the rewards go and invest the $ on the game when it releases on pc. Waiting still sucks tho XD

@AnonMarc said in Inconsiderate extention:

@Geordie-P I was supper tempted to go grab one even tried craigslist for a few days but after some time i just decided to let the rewards go and invest the $ on the game when it releases on pc. Waiting still sucks tho XD

Yeah the rewards are decent, but they got some amazing outfits that will cost $$$$

@PhantasyStar369 And the char slots for that increase income.

@Geordie-P Right there with you, i wish it could be extended a little more. Not only for our pleasure to play and be apart of it but for their benefit. I have been waiting so long for this game its unreal.

Make sure if you did participate to do the survey https://pso2.com/news/announcements/cbtsurvey will help start some of the outfit collection when game launches , or atleats buy another mag for different builds

@Princesse-Jen said in Inconsiderate extention:

In their defense, the beta is technically for North America-- it's just thankfully not region-locked. And there were some pretty early morning things for us here too ^^; I actually missed out on the first few yesterday morning.

At the very least, I think the complaint shows just how many people are looking forward to playing more too.

This. While I also feel disappointed cause I'm from EU, this reasoning is solid.

I'm guessing they had put together a quick fix to try and stable the servers on Friday night, but this long sever break is so the team can properly assess or pinpoint areas that need work prior to the open beta or install extra servers to help handle the load and just give them a quick try out before beta ends.

Remember that at the end of the day, this is intended to be partly a stress test and also just a chance for the team to see how the game is working under "real world" situations.

This more of a first obt than a cbt to be honest.

@Chal said in Inconsiderate extention:

This more of a first obt than a cbt to be honest.

The only thing open about this test was that people who used Xbox Insider were guaranteed to get in. However, it being such a short period (even if extended), sounds about right for a closed beta.

Honestly the extension that was given for the downtime, I believe, was more than the time it was down. I feel like they had the short CB for a reason as it was just to stress test the servers since the game otherwise has been tested plenty from JP, and 2 days was enough to do so. The time it was down was from CB start @ 8pm ET to around 1:30am ET if I remember correctly and we are getting a 7 hour extension for it which is more than the time it was down.

While yes, I would love more time to play the game, I feel like for what they are aiming for with this CB, the extension provided is more than fair. And this is coming from someone is going to be working the rest of the extension time 😢

@Sylus said in Inconsiderate extention:

Honestly the extension that was given for the downtime, I believe, was more than the time it was down. I feel like they had the short CB for a reason as it was just to stress test the servers since the game otherwise has been tested plenty from JP, and 2 days was enough to do so. The time it was down was from CB start @ 8pm ET to around 1:30am ET if I remember correctly and we are getting a 7 hour extension for it which is more than the time it was down.

While yes, I would love more time to play the game, I feel like for what they are aiming for with this CB, the extension provided is more than fair. And this is coming from someone is going to be working the rest of the extension time 😢

Oh, that's right. I had thought that it was sort of a test presentation of their translation, too. Which, now that I think about it, did have some errors that even I'm prone to write in early drafts, like missing words.

Stress test to figure how much they need is another given.