Story discussion! [SPOILER ALERTS!!!] [Seriously, this whole topic is story spoilers!]

The ending of Generations of Doom made reference to the London Communications Center. It was implied to be our earth, not the "Earth" that was actually Coral.

@PrinceBrightstar said in Story discussion! [SPOILER ALERTS!!!] [Seriously, this whole topic is story spoilers!]:

Just to clarify, Sega never said anything about Orakio, this was data mined information from early on in Episode 5.

Then just another Alisa and Lutz in Omega thing, after all Orakio died more than a thousand years before the Alisa III reached Earth in Generations of Doom.

So since this whole thread is marked as spoilers I feel I can post this without worrying.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/574794513

Hello! I had a concern that could hopefully get forwarded to someone in charge of the localization team.

I was watching a friend stream EP2 and during the point at which Luther is revealing what Xion 'is,' the Akashic Record is never once mentioned. The Akashic Record is the crux of PSO2's lore, it's why most if not everything is even set in motion for the story. Not to mention, it's the reason EP5 and Omega even exist. Was this a mistake? After all, in Loser's boss dialogue (in english), he name drops the Akashic Record but at that point the player has no clue what that is! I've heard from others that even by EP3, the Akashic Record has yet to be mentioned.

I know we're only in the Open Beta and we may be missing things, but I can't imagine core dialogue is missing from story right now. Please help me out! I'd hate to see new players get lost in the lore because of an error or slip-up in localization.

@alasondria i was actually thinking about that the other day you. to forward to the localization team, you might wanna consider tagging in a mod. they are really cool on here and actively listen to what we have to say, so if you request it, they very well might pass it along.

But yea, the lack of akashic record was disappointing to me too.

@alasondria Haven't seen it in English, but even if he does not use that name, but describes her as the thing, I wouldn't see it as a problem, but then, using the name in the boss fight contradicts any reason why would they not use the name in that scene. Still, I think the description is more important than the name, after all I had to look what the hell was an Akashic record since I had no idea about those religious things.

@MachineQueen Ah, good idea! Thank you haha. I'm not sure who all to tag though.

@landman He only describes her as being omniscient and the misconception is that he believes her to BE the Akashic Record, it's in EP5 that Alma will explain later on the Record and Xion are not one in the same but that she is its keeper, more than anything. The Record is very vital to the story!

@alasondria If it's really that relevant to use THE name instead of just saying "she is omniscient and that's her memory of all cosmos past and future", since we are talking about scenes that have an English dub, it may be a little bit more difficult to change, but either way, the voice actor will be back in episode 5, or they have already translated episode 5 so they know about THE Akashic Recods being a major thing there.

@alasondria Any of the mods would work. The most active around here tend to be Deynger and Rappy.

They're both really good folks who genuinely care about the community, our input, and the game itself. And all the mods are SUCH hard workers.

10/10 perfect mods.

@MachineQueen Thank you! I appreciate the help ♥

@landman It is indeed important. As I said before, the point is that Xion and the Record are not one in the same and the Record exists separate from her. That Loser mentions the Record in his english lines during battle is indicative that the team didn't entirely discard it, so I'd just like to make sure such a core piece of lore isn't lost in translation.

I too found it interesting the lack of the Akashic Record. It was partly Luther's failure to understand what Xion could do that would have prevented him from getting what he wanted. She was effectively a glorified librarian.

@PrinceBrightstar said in Story discussion! [SPOILER ALERTS!!!] [Seriously, this whole topic is story spoilers!]:

So since this whole thread is marked as spoilers I feel I can post this without worrying.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/574794513

The anime actually adapts the story really well, and actually tells it even better than the game does. It's actually rock solid, and fun to watch as well.

With that said, Risa's Japanese VA is leaps and bounds better than her english VA, both at showing just how insane Risa is, as well as fleshing out her actually sane moments.

It also doesn't help that Risa is actually the very first CAST and, at least as far as my understanding goes, she was originally a newman who was critically injured to the point that they had to stick her brain in a jar.

@MachineQueen said in Story discussion! [SPOILER ALERTS!!!] [Seriously, this whole topic is story spoilers!]:

Oh dude I didn't even think about Loser in English! Who they got? @SoulSonikku

Billy Kametz. Josuke from the english DiU anime.

Which makes me bust a gut laughing, because Rohan's VA from the Japanese version of the same anime also voiced Luther.

@Pun said in Story discussion! [SPOILER ALERTS!!!] [Seriously, this whole topic is story spoilers!]:

@MachineQueen said in Story discussion! [SPOILER ALERTS!!!] [Seriously, this whole topic is story spoilers!]:

Oh dude I didn't even think about Loser in English! Who they got? @SoulSonikku

Billy Kametz. Josuke from the english DiU anime.

Which makes me bust a gut laughing, because Rohan's VA from the Japanese version of the same anime also voiced Luther.

"PSO's Bizarre Adventure, Part 9: Can't Escape References"

@alasondria Any of the mods would work. The most active around here tend to be Deynger and Rappy.

They're both really good folks who genuinely care about the community, our input, and the game itself. And all the mods are SUCH hard workers.

10/10 perfect mods.

❤ Deynger in the house! Going to read through this thread now.

*update. Will be letting the team know about this. Thank you for being passionate about the lore, Arks!