Story discussion! [SPOILER ALERTS!!!] [Seriously, this whole topic is story spoilers!]

TBH I kinda liked the matter board even if it was silly. It was a cool way to go back and watch stuff you'd already seen before. I guess you can technically do that with the way it is now but I think you have to know the name of the mission that you'd want to see instead of just having different preview images to look at.

This post is deleted!

@Havox3 EP4 is one of the worst episodes IMO. Its story was really silly, although the Oracle-side stuff were very enjoyable. In terms of story, EP2 and EP6 (so far) are my favorite. I'd advise you to skip EP4 and go straight to EP5 so you'll unlock EP6 ASAP. The only part of EP5 I liked was its chapter 4, which was hilarious.

@Havox3 We don't talk about episode 4...

If I had to rank story, it would be: EP2 > EP3 > EP6 (so far) > EP5 > EP4. All of them have highs and lows, but EP4 & 5 have more lows than most. Skip EP4 if you can.

Episode 4 is actually quite good once it gets past the nonsense with Haggis.

Really, Episode 4 should have just started with the Bethor (best character in the game) stuff.

That's a funny way to spell Phaleg.

@Ilúvatar said in Story discussion! [SPOILER ALERTS!!!] [Seriously, this whole topic is story spoilers!]:

Really, Episode 4 should have just started with the Bethor (best character in the game) stuff.

Oh, please, Aratron ftw! If only Hitsugi had Enga's personality instead of the generic school girl one...

@Ilúvatar said in Story discussion! [SPOILER ALERTS!!!] [Seriously, this whole topic is story spoilers!]:

Episode 4 is actually quite good once it gets past the nonsense with Haggis.

I agree, EP 4 took way too long to get past the highschool anime stuff. Once it did and it focused on Mother Cluster things got good. Too bad it took several months to get good, at that point most folks didn't bother with it anymore.

Mother deserves better 😭😭😭

I was waiting for the Alisa III to show up during Episode 4 but it never did. Learning that Hitsugi's VO getting sick caused the Earth adventure to get cut from 3 episodes to 1 means we may never see that ship from Algol arrive. More devastating was learning that there was yet another attempt to involve the Alisa III, this time in the form of Orakio being in Es-Ars on Omega, but that was cut as well.

@PrinceBrightstar said in Story discussion! [SPOILER ALERTS!!!] [Seriously, this whole topic is story spoilers!]:

I was waiting for the Alisa III to show up during Episode 4 but it never did. Learning that Hitsugi's VO getting sick caused the Earth adventure to get cut from 3 episodes to 1 means we may never see that ship from Algol arrive. More devastating was learning that there was yet another attempt to involve the Alisa III, this time in the form of Orakio being in Es-Ars on Omega, but that was cut as well.

T...there was supposed to be a tie-in to Generations of Doom?

cri

@PrinceBrightstar said in Story discussion! [SPOILER ALERTS!!!] [Seriously, this whole topic is story spoilers!]:

This would've been crazy good. Plus, what if it wasn't Earth to begin with? It could've been Coral instead.

How can it not be Earth it you have Tokyo, Las Vegas, London and you see the whole world map or even the mythical continent of Mu? you also have the anime prequel (PSO2 The Animation) that states the history of that Earth and why they are using Ether globally.

Coral was called Earth after the Photon Eraser obliterated all nations, then the survivors rednecked on their bunkers and somehow forgot the name their ancestors put to their planet (that's fact, as stated in an in game quest in PSZ).

Just to clarify, Sega never said anything about Orakio, this was data mined information from early on in Episode 5.