PSA: Remember to have Win10 fully updated

@TbnExotia yes, it's on 6.0.1.1. Once I hit Start PSO2, it appears to do nothing. After 2 minutes, the tweaker shows an error message stating that and "It looks like it hasn't started up yet." It recommends to fix an issue with the Windows Store (if we could do that this whole thing would be unnecessary) or to fix Game Guard. I've tried all the Troubleshooting Options but still the same result. Also, after an even longer period I get an error message the pso2startup.exe needs elevated permissions. I have run the tweaker as administrator, so not sure what else I can do.

did you put your tweaker and pso2.exe in exceptions in your antivir?

@TbnExotia Only antivirus is Windows Defender, and it has never complained about the files.

ARKS? An update... just use PSO2 Tweaker. Seriously. This Win10 app shell is a isht-show.

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/4449/fix-update-just-use-pso2-tweaker-avoid-the-headache

The windows update deleted files from the pso folder, so it wouldn't start.

@Daigoji-Gai Yeah fuck that! Last nights Windows 10 update makes it so that I can't even use the tweaker to launch the game.

It's rather annoying when people say to "use the tweaker, it fixes everything." Well, I'm using the tweaker and I just played a few hours ago, and when I opened it just now, the folder was missing files. I did all the check options, and it opened again and then the screen was just blank but with sound. The tweaker isn't an end all solution to Microsoft shitty store and permissions.

This needs to be on steam, ASAP.

@HelgenX9580 Imagine that. A single person coding in his spare time has to go and compete with a multi billion dollar company seemingly hell bent on murdering this game...

I think updating windows broke PSO2 for me

pretty sure a windows update nuked my game for a third time. now it wont launch from the tweaker and I'm having to download the game over again which I'm sure the files are on my comp, but he folder permissions were changed....

yeah this is pretty much comfirmed that windows updates are the reason for pso2 launch failures. the title should probably be edited to say 'Warning! Windows 10 updates can possibly cause game launch failures'.

I have found... Do NOT update ANYTHING MICROSOFT related. or your game does the uninstall thing.... and then good luck i spent 2 hours trying to get those files off... ffs least my HD can breathe now lol

@KinatoArisato said in PSA: Remember to have Win10 fully updated:

I have found... Do NOT update ANYTHING MICROSOFT related. or your game does the uninstall thing.... and then good luck i spent 2 hours trying to get those files off... ffs least my HD can breathe now lol

Can quote this guy that hes right, my laptop did an auto update of windows 10 version 2004 and the game kinda delete itself. checked the pso2bin and its not 70 gb anymore, but i did saw the wpsystem folder made a backup with todays date so imma lt the update continue and see if it get back everything on its own from that backup. Will update after a bit.

Just deleted 100+ Gb from mutablebackup folder of 2 previous unwanted uninstalls, to make room for yet another reinstall.

I love this game. But I do not like how MS Store has just ignored this problem since its creation, this problem is not limited to PSO2 it can happen with any game on MS store. Had reinstalled Outerworlds x2, and despite giving up and actually uninstalling it myself at one stage a month later it decided to install itself again anyway, and same issues with State of Decay 2 and frostpunk, so thats 100% of Xbox game library on PC.

@Bizwhy, hadn't seen your thread before. Now i just use Tweaker, while it does not 'fix' the issue it does make it easier to deal with, and swear because MS issue is still not fixed. Just reminds me of the old saying "Windows is a virus with mouse control" but viruses work better...