PSA: Remember to have Win10 fully updated

Several critical crashes can be avoided by making sure Windows 10 is up to date. I was having BSOD critical errors and the update resolved the. Was finally able to play more than an hour without issues.

alt text

Lucky u.... this doesn't work at all

Updating Windows 10 the latest version was the first thing I did, and needless to say, it didn't solve anything. I've managed to fix error 1813 thanks to a helpful user from this forum, but I'm now trying to fix the "Cancelled startup of pso2updater.exe. The file will not be updated." error, which has proven to be a much bigger problem, since nobody knows how to fix it.

@WakefulPanic0

What is your issue specifically? I and others have contributed several fixes that have worked for others throughout the day.

How about stuttering in Lobby, will it fix that issue too?

@Raul i just give up all day trying to play, update, unistall, reinstall , unchecking read only and nothing work, but ey old game and still microsoft fuck it up.

@Daigoji-Gai That's a horrible idea as any version above 1607 of Win10 makes it the Windows ME of gaming.

Updating Windows 10 in order to play PSO2 would be like setting fire to your home in order to 'make it feel more spacious'.

@Nersius said in PSA: Remember to have Win10 fully updated:

@Daigoji-Gai That's a horrible idea as any version above 1607 of Win10 makes it the Windows ME of gaming.

Updating Windows 10 in order to play PSO2 would be like setting fire to your home in order to 'make it feel more spacious'.

Again, these are solves that worked for some, including me, and is provided as a stop-gap until the Win10 app is sorted out. I completely understand what you're saying and whether or not to use these temporary fixes should be based on how badly you want to play.

my problem. can´t download the 11gb from the store (win10 on lates version....region on US) from the gebinning i click on install....it trys but error. today i can´t choose the drive where the launcher should be installed. i klick on download...it starts without asking where....error. it creats nothing...no mutable or mutablebackup like before. I can´t erase the game from my store.

solution would be a alternative download of the launcher with the option at the end to set your ms account, because that the alternative launcher file is running perfekt.

install launcher without problems. install the game without problems. log-in not possible cause no connection to the ms store.

If the launcher wont open or the file wont open You NEED to update windows to atleast build 1909. (go to start menu, type in 'check for updates' then update your windows)

@HoDKenji said in PSA: Remember to have Win10 fully updated:

my problem. can´t download the 11gb from the store (win10 on lates version....region on US) from the gebinning i click on install....it trys but error. today i can´t choose the drive where the launcher should be installed. i klick on download...it starts without asking where....error. it creats nothing...no mutable or mutablebackup like before. I can´t erase the game from my store.

solution would be a alternative download of the launcher with the option at the end to set your ms account, because that the alternative launcher file is running perfekt.

install launcher without problems. install the game without problems. log-in not possible cause no connection to the ms store.

Is your Xbox services disable by any chance? That was my issue as well. when i Enable them i was able to download the 11gb, without it saying Error when clicking on install.

Should give my post a try. Click Here. If you are getting and [Error] status when clicking on [Install].

Po!

got latest windows version, try other things and still the same conclusion -_-

Guess i'll be waiting a phew days hopping microsoft will decide to do something about if they want more people playing there

@HoDKenji I agree. Were you able to get it working? I'm around to help troubleshoot for a bit.

@Marie-Poppo Mileage will vary. The Win10 update is mostly once you get in. I experienced a few fatal neo-BSOD critical crashes while playing & it was because there were several Win10 updates I needed. Once updated the neo-BSOD crashes stopped.