Launch a REAL PC Version, Not an Xbox Emulator

@Zone said in Launch a REAL PC Version, Not an Xbox Emulator:

They did post that the game would come to "Windows 10" and nothing more by that you did downloaded the game knowing that it was from Windows Store and not a launcher but you can always wait until it's out on Steam or a "Real" Launcher as you put it.

By the time this launches on Steam it will be dead. The game itself seems OK from what I've seen but only being in the garbage MS Store killed it for me. My install corrupted overnight. Today I'm struggling to manually delete the files, because I don't have permission... I'm using an Administrator account and the game is downloaded on my D:\ Drive, I never install games on C:, that is for programs and Windows files, nothing else. So even on D:, which is even a separate HDD from my SSD C:, I still don't have permission to remove all files..

I have to resort to desperate means like using "TAKE OWNERSHIP", then wait for a million files to be "OWNED", then I can't even delete them, so I have to rename folders, restart and then try again. It's a mess.

Here you can see I'm trying to delete a folder that's allegedly empty. I have no ownership over it even though it's on D:, turning on "Show hidden files" does nothing, it still shows the directory as empty, yet there are a million of non-existing, invisible files in there... I don't know what the hell is going on, but the file system for this game is horrendous.

alt text

There is so much wrong with this launch that I can't even begin to explain it... If this ever goes to Steam, it will be too late, people want to play NOW, now 5 months from now when Microsoft finally takes the hint that maybe... JUST MAYBE... their stupid MS Store is garbage and everyone hates it and releasing it as MS Store exclusive was stupid as hell. They could have forced it to be Windows 10-only, OK that would be understandable, but releasing it on their store was a stupid mistake that will probably cause the whole launch to fail and push people away from the game for good.

I'm all for Microsoft being the publisher and not some shady company like Nexon, Gamigo, Perfect World Entertainment or whatever, but MS Store exclusivity was a huge mistake.

It's not a spoiled brat issue, the problem is that Microsoft Store is somehow preventing new players from joining. After installing the game somehow is able to corrupts itself (or removes itself) and requires to be fully reinstalled. It ghosts data in a folder where the owner of the computer is not able to remove the data from (without changing permissions). Some even receives errors about .dll files missing, while they are available. All this while the game itself runs perfectly on the Japanese client.

I hope Microsoft is actually looking into this issue, as this might result in players leaving. I give them a week and otherwise I'll just move to the Japanse client.

@PSYCOMMUnist said in Launch a REAL PC Version, Not an Xbox Emulator:

Is this really emulating the Xbox version rather than using the proper Japanese PC client?

No. The OP is just trying to prove a point.

The JP PSO2 looks exactly like this, and lagged even less despite being in Japan and having a lot more servers.

@Lwyu said in Launch a REAL PC Version, Not an Xbox Emulator:

@Zone said in Launch a REAL PC Version, Not an Xbox Emulator:

@SegenTra Far from it, Just disappointed with some of the new players on here.

Same, like I get their anger, but they are really some spoiled kids with the way theyre acting.

Yeah, so spoiled, the Microsoft Store deleted 220GB space from my SSD until it decided to kill itself and giving me back what's mine, but not so fast! It deleted my PSO2 JP installation too.

Spoiled brats, am I right?

I downloaded and played the game just fine on my mom's facebook gaming rig featuring an AMD RYZEN 3 3200G with no other video card. Idk why so many PC players are having problems.

1st off it’s the actual pc version not a Xbox emulation, all of the JP files are even there.

2nd the launcher for NA and the JP one are both flawed anyway that’s why players on the JP side use the Tweaker

3rd look up the Tweaker it is 10000 times better then the official launcher and it will help fix a lot of the issues that have came with this launch

What I who’s they could have done was release the game by its self and not through a 3rd party platform IE microsoft store,steam,or epic games store.(I’m not including the launcher for the game that I get tho the official one does suck) I miss the days of installing a game directly

@SaviorZero82 said in Launch a REAL PC Version, Not an Xbox Emulator:

1st off it’s the actual pc version not a Xbox emulation, all of the JP files are even there.

2nd the launcher for NA and the JP one are both flawed anyway that’s why players on the JP side use the Tweaker

3rd look up the Tweaker it is 10000 times better then the official launcher and it will help fix a lot of the issues that have came with this launch

What I who’s they could have done was release the game by its self and not through a 3rd party platform IE microsoft store,steam,or epic games store.(I’m not including the launcher for the game that I get tho the official one does suck) I miss the days of installing a game directly

A standalone launcher would have been so much better. Its unfortunate how many issues this launch has had. Even though I haven't had any yet (knock on wood)

I'm hoping they get a fix up asap, have friends who have lost the game and can't even reinstall it. Would be a shame if this is what kills the game for them.

I think part of the reason for the Microsoft store is for cross-play with Xbone.

@Shirokami07 You let it take 220 gig of an SSD before you decided to address the problem with your set up? That's what... 3 installs? And you never noticed, over those 3 installs, that you were losing more space? And if you did, you didn't fix it?

Oof.

@LilPika said in Launch a REAL PC Version, Not an Xbox Emulator:

@Shirokami07 You let it take 220 gig of an SSD before you decided to address the problem with your set up? That's what... 3 installs? And you never noticed, over those 3 installs, that you were losing more space? And if you did, you didn't fix it?

Oof.

I couldn't, I had no control over it. Couldn't stop it, couldn't delete it, couldn't regain control.

Do you know how long it takes my connection to DL 220GB? around 1 hour and 30 minutes.

@LilPika said in Launch a REAL PC Version, Not an Xbox Emulator:

Oof.

The thing is, he shouldn't HAVE to fix that. An issue this big shouldn't have existed in the first place. Proper testing, or even a beta would have made these issues known well before an official release.

Now you have this whole shebang going on with countless people having issues, and these arent small issues like most mmo launches where they simply just can't log in due to lag or servers being full.

Having problems with the game launch is 1 thing . It’s natural for things like this to happen more so without testing but what is not natural in any mmo I’ve played ever before is for the game to completely uninstall itself and or leave tons of remnants that requires jumping though hoops to solve . It’s probably the worse issue i have seen with a launcher / store download before

@Zathekio said in Launch a REAL PC Version, Not an Xbox Emulator:

A standalone launcher would have been so much better. I

Would have not been better. That's what has been said already. It is the same launcher as the JP game. Even Japanese players have their costum launchers. Our community came up with the same and did an amazing launcher.

Steam will no be different. You will have to download the same launcher and still need to use you Xbox Live I'd to play. Then put up with the same client to download.

@Pulptenks

I don't remember the JP launcher having issues such as the game deleting itself and having files locked from user management. This is a microsoft store issue is what I'm getting at and it just NOT being on the store would probably solve permission issues.

@Zathekio said in Launch a REAL PC Version, Not an Xbox Emulator:

@Pulptenks

I don't remember the JP launcher having issues such as the game deleting itself and having files locked from user management. This is a microsoft store issue is what I'm getting at and it just NOT being on the store would probably solve permission issues.

The permissions is also only a problem because for some reason they have it set to require Administrator approval to download. For some reason, if people don't get a UAC windows after it completes, at least, they normal run into problems because it isn't getting Admin approval.