Ask a veteran ARKS!

I have one,

We can get the fubuki raitei And Where,

In jp server tthe drop is in daybreak since ep4 but i do not can find, and the shop do not have none in the 1,2 and 4 ships

We can find this Weapon in NA server?

alt text

@Oriko-Mikuni I don't believe this is available on the NA servers yet, but I could be wrong. And unfortunately the way the Personal Shops work if you haven't "seen" an item in-game yet (encountered another player using it, happen to come across it in someone's shop, etc.) it will not show up when you search for it. Won't even come up as an option even if you type the full name in.

And it is entirely likely that when it does arrive on the NA servers the name will be changed, either slightly or dramatically. But for now I'm about 99% certain it isn't in the NA game just yet. At the very least I haven't seen it.

"Enables certain soul synthesis."

I see this with Eastern, Escarde, and other "Soul" augments. Is there any database where I can look up exactly what these are used to synthesize? Or how that even works? Tried looking it up on my own but never found anything that actually pertains to any of the Souls I've found that have this description. Are these really worth holding onto in comparison to "all purpose" Souls like Soul of Darkness or attack-specific souls like Fang, Ragne, etc.? Really trying to figure out what's junk and what's hidden gold so I can trim down my overflowing storage.

Also, anyone know if we're ever going to see any use for all these OTHER "Astrocite" type items (like the one we get from all the Tokyo Bonus keys) other than exchanging them for Photon Boosters (which are then traded for EXP Minis to grind weapons)?

@zaffy2005 The Affix Sim has some basic info on what they can be used for (when you hover over them, a little pop-up will give you some info on their use).

To actually tell you, though, those Souls (which are colored light green in the Sim), when combined with Expedition boss Souls (colored blue in the sim), allow you to create the Di Soul augments (at a 70% rate); the 3 PWR-specific Di Souls will give you +35 PWR and +3 PP and the mixed version will give you +25 All-PWR, +35 HP, and +3 PP.

Also, they can be used for some other augments that are used to create other powerful, low transfer rate augments (like the Earth ones being used to eventually get Aether Factor [+30 All-PWR, +10 HP, +6 PP), or the Omega ones being used to eventually get Mana Reverie [+50 All-PWR, +20 HP, +4 PP])

@AndrlCh So they potentially are worth holding onto, but mostly for players who are interested in "min-maxing" their augments (which for the most part doesn't seem overly necessary just "something to do")?

And by Earth and Omega augments, do you mean the Reveries (Luther Reverie, Omega Reverie, etc.) or other Souls (Like Historia Soul), or both? If Mana Reverie could be combined with Mark Anger that's a +100 bonus to all attack types, which I imagine would be quite useful. And because it's a "Reverie" type augment it could be combined with a "Soul" augment on the same item, right? Hard to remember which augments are considered to be in the same category and thus can't both be applied. So much to keep track of in this game.

And do you happen to know if (and for what) the Shiva Ash, Durga Bane, and Chandra Lunar astrtacites as well as the Nero Obsidiashard, and Kagaseo Phantasmalite will have a use? Maybe just overloked it but so far haven't seen anything that uses them other than beign traded for Photon Boosters. Not sure what Galeru Nadirite or Yurlungur Mechalite are used for, either. So many things to keep track of in this game.

Hi I need help with the latest event, I was supposed to receive a 15star atlas gunblade when i finish one recommended quest but I haven't received it yet. Am I doing something wrong? I am so confused

@WatTheToot said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

Hi I need help with the latest event, I was supposed to receive a 15star atlas gunblade when i finish one recommended quest but I haven't received it yet. Am I doing something wrong? I am so confused

I believe it has to be five Recommended Quests and not one.

@WatTheToot

if you are not sure just do UQ 9 times to get them all

@Xiongzzle26 said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

@WatTheToot

if you are not sure just do UQ 9 times to get them all

I thought the 9 UQs was for the 12-star units, not for the Gunblade. I'd have to double check.

Edit: Ok, so I double checked and I see the Val Alz gunblade comes from logging in 3 separate days, but that's a 13-star weapon. The 15-star Atlas Alz EX just says complete any Recommended Quest and then check the Visiphone to claim the weapon. And the 12-star Ofz units come from the Dark Revelry Consumes Starlight quest on the 3rd, 6th, and 9th completion.

So @WatTheToot have you checked the Visiphone to see if it's there? Should be all you have to do after finishing a Recommended Quest.

Edit 2: I've seen this same concern brought up in another thread and it seems the in-game description specifies the need to complete 5 Recommended Quests, not just 1 or even 3. Not sure if that means we can do the same one 5 times, or if it's tied to receiving the "gift" for completing the quest the first time (thus meaning we'd have to wait for a reset to complete the task).

@zaffy2005 It is tied to the 5th gift from a RQ. It was listed in the in game notice that opens when you log in after maintenance.

Ok, so running the same one over and over won't cut it.

Also to clarify the Dark Revelry Consumes Starlight quest is a Limited Quest, not an Urgent Quest, which means it can be run as many times as you want from the Main Quests menu, and it works regardless of the difficulty level so if you just want to speed through the 9 completions just run it on Normal (Level 20). My level 80 Hero wasn't even able to do much because the rest of the group would be halfway through each area by the time my Xbox got off the loading screen. But it still counted.

Ok, well, "0 Meseta" Week has permanently cured me of my hoarding tendencies. I officially have ZERO luck with affixing augments. I had three augments at 99% odds of success on a single affix attempt and failed all three. I have destroyed the augments/stats on at least three 14-15 start weapons, knocking anywhere from +50 to +90 in the relevant attack stats down to +20 or less, and dropping from 5-7 augments down to 2-3 and failing literally every attempt to regain slots even with only using "junk" augments that start at 100% success rates. And with the luck I've been having I see no reason to burn through my dwindling supply of EX-Cubes on augment success boosts.

Ah well. Maybe now I'll finally get my storage space whittled down to a more manageable level.

@zaffy2005 said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

Ok, well, "0 Meseta" Week has permanently cured me of my hoarding tendencies. I officially have ZERO luck with affixing augments. I had three augments at 99% odds of success on a single affix attempt and failed all three. I have destroyed the augments/stats on at least three 14-15 start weapons, knocking anywhere from +50 to +90 in the relevant attack stats down to +20 or less, and dropping from 5-7 augments down to 2-3 and failing literally every attempt to regain slots even with only using "junk" augments that start at 100% success rates. And with the luck I've been having I see no reason to burn through my dwindling supply of EX-Cubes on augment success boosts.

Ah well. Maybe now I'll finally get my storage space whittled down to a more manageable level.

Part of this is largely why you never affix or accept the results of your affix until you have a 100% success rate. There are methods to push this relatively easy for "junk" affixes and this is also why I heavily recommend using the Affix Simulator to see what you will need in order to successfully upslot and to get the final result you want.

If your fifteen star weaspons are dropping to two or three abilities do you have S-Class Special Abilities installed? An Atlas EX at minimum should always have four slots open so when you need to upslot you should always be able to start at four and move upwards from there. The Lightstream/Trailblazer weapons would start at three at minimum instead because those abilities have a 100% success rate.

If you were going to get involved in affixing I would suggest practicing it on a weapon you don't care for so that you can learn to upslot and learn how to get the formula you want to get the end-result you desire so that you don't just destroy your best equipment. Thankfully because it was Boost Week and Zero Meseta week this doesn't cost as much as it normally would but this is a portion of the game that can be extremely easy on paper to walk through that results in disastrous results if you don't plan on what you are doing ahead of time. The disaster ranges from sinking in meseta, resources, and especially your time. When Episode 6 comes around you will be gathering relevant souls and receptors to create very high-level abilities that can add up to about 100,000,000+ Meseta just to pull off "correctly" (as in during Boost Weeks with PSO2 Day bonuses and more).

@VanillaLucia I have absolutely no further interest in affixing at this point. The system itself, quite bluntly, sucks. I burned through probably 400-500 fodder weapons tonight, with at least 1/4 of those just being sold/scrapped because fodder can only be used if the number of augments is equal or greater than however many are on the target item. So everything I had with just one augment (usually a Soul) or just one useful and one junk augment, they're all worthless. Especially when the "useful" augment is a Soul. Have to burn at least 2 just to be able to affix a Soul, making it virtually impossible (or at the very least insanely tedious and with far too high odds of failure) to take a 1-3 slot with a Soul and raise it up high enough to be used on a "finished" weapon.

And apparently my turd luck extends beyond affixing because I have only one weapon that has more than one S-Class augment, and that is the ONLY one I can even pretend was a "success" tonight as I manged to add maybe 2 augments on top of the 4 S-class augments it had on it. My luck was so horrid I was even failing Augment Factor affixes. I have no idea how to add S-class augments to other weapons, unless that involves using ones that already have S-class augments as "fodder," which is something I can't do without robbing Peter to pay Paul, so to speak (put simply, destroying the only S-class weapon I have on one character to give another character their first and only S-class weapon while leaving the first character "unarmed," which seems a rather pointless and counter-productive endeavor). I'm not one of these "hardcore grinders" and RNG hates my face, so it's not like I have a ton of top-star items just sitting around as fodder. I have exactly three Atlas-EX weapons, the third I only have because Sega just gave us the Valz gunblade for free, essentially. I have no Chronostones or whatever they're called to make more, so those are the only 15-star weapons I'm likely to ever have for the time being.

You say I shouldn't try unless I can guarantee 100% success? Last I checked there are no "Enhanced Augmentation +95% so I don't see how I could ever get any of the more high-value augments (like Aether Soul, or pretty much ANY of the "synthesized" Soul augments for that matter). I mean even if I only focused on using "junk" bottom-tier Augments like Genius I or Shock I by the time I was up to I think 5 or 6 slots even the best available affix boost of 40% still wouldn't "guarantee" a 100% success rate (and seeing as I failed THREE 98% "success" chance augments in a single go....) and frankly I see no point in having even 4 - let alone 8 - slots that have nothing but bottom-tier garbage augments in them.

Ideally I would want Mastery IV, Stamina V, Spirit VI, Mutation II/Modulater/Alter/Flict, Sentence (PWR), Sovereign Ward III, one of the +35 PWR Souls or the Elegant PWR/PWR Boost, and the relevant Tier VI PWR augment on every weapon, possibly swapping one of those out for an S-Class that lets me "absorb" HP by doing damage, and then Units would have Soul of Darkness/Aether Soul, Sovereign Ward III, Stamina V, Spirit VI, and as many "all PWR" boosts as can be stuffed on there (such as Mutation, Modulater, Arks Max, etc.). Absolutely NONE of these will ever have a "guaranteed 100%" by the time you pass 4 slots and Units don't even have the benefit of Augment Factors to help improve the odds of affixing anything. At least not that I have ever seen. Aether Soul's base odds are only 20% and it doesn't matter how much compatible fodder you throw in there it will never be higher than that. Honestly short of hitting the absolute impossible RNG jackpot and having an item drop with all those augments already on it, I don't think it's even possible to achieve these builds "by hand." Not without an absolutely insane amount of luck. Of which I have absolutely none.

But, thankfully, from what I've heard "min-maxing" is more a "hardcore hobby/obsession" rather than an "absolute requirement" so I'm just going to move forward with "eh, good enough is good enough" attitude. I'm glad to have had this little event to test-drive the affixing process without losing every last Meseta I have (and I've never had more than 15 mil at any one time so affixing has pretty much always been way out of my price range). Now I can dump any weapons that don't offer a path to 15-stars with confidence knowing there's literally no point whatsoever in hoarding them anymore. The affixing system is just completely dead to me. Not worth the effort, damn sure not worth the expense.

You can easily move SSA's between weapons by going to the "Transfer S-Class Special Ability" or "Transfer S-Grade Augment" menu by talking to Dudu or Monica. You pick the target weapon you want those abilities on and then you pick the donor weapons to pull the abilities from. If it exceeds the number of abilities your weapon can hold you must pick an ability to toss out. On the donor weapons you pick what abilities you want to keep and the entire ability count goes down by one (unless you are trading SSA's between weapons). This is a 100% success rate and has absolutely no chance of failure at all unless you decided to simply destroy the weapons in the process (to which this is then on the player).

In regards to the Special Ability Factor (SAF) those are installed by affixing the weapon. When you go into the menu that lets you pick your abilities it should have a blue icon and should have a 100% success rate. This combined with the SSA's for some weapons means that on an eight-slot weapon you potentially can have five out of the eight abilities being a 100% success. You then simply have to gather enough weapons and of a recipe to push your abilities to the state you want so you can get the highest success rate possible.

The reason why I suggested having junk affixes on the weapon to push it to seven or eight slots is not to call it "good enough" for use. This is so you can get past the whole upslotting game which is to push your weapon to be capable of having room for all of the abilities you want. When you have four SSA's (in the future five due to the S1-S5 slots) you only have room for four of your best abilities to choose from. For most people this is easily going to involve some sort of Astral Soul, ARKS Fever MAX, and likely something else to push their attack stats as high as possible. In order for these abilities to get a higher success rate (because 45% is the highest boost you can get) you must have duplicates of these abilities. This means you likely will want to get three weapons each that have all of these abilities at once (with a maximum of five weapons you can use as fodder) in order to upgrade or push the success rate to the highest you can get. If your success rate isn't high enough even with boosters your recipe will not work and you will then be gambling (to which you will experience what you did). Regardless of the 5% chance of failure, you have to take into account that each ability is calculated separately in success so a 95% success rate overall is actually misleading due to you having the possibility of the other abilities failing. This is why when you upslot you want to utilize all your SAF's and SSA's together to minimize the risk of failure and why you don't affix unless you're willing to lose your progress.

I heavily recommend this guide for getting an introduction to affixing so you don't just walk into a system you don't understand and blame the game for mistakes you made.

Of course, affixing is largely a min-max sort of thing to do but this mechanic in the game isn't some grand mystery or lottery if you know what you're doing. Personally to me it is a waste of having a fifteen star weapon like an Atlas EX that doesn't attempt to utilize the SSA's and using weapons like the Lightstream/Trailblazer weapons without affixing really destroys its usefulness when you completely ignore its special S1 (it requires 200+ ATK of its relevant type affixed in order to utilize its core features). As I mentioned, simply look up recipes and figure out what you want and how you can do it or simply ask for help and someone should be able to provide you what you should be looking for and working towards so you don't just destroy your equipment and blame the game on a decision you didn't need to make.