Ask a veteran ARKS!

@AndrlCh said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

@Ekajata I mean, you get 2 Rising Badge 3s for every 1 Rising Badge 4, so I don't see the issue.

Let's just say it would have been nice to know that clearly at episode launch. As it stands, I'm out of 4 badges, can't get anymore, and they will probably layer another grind of 5's into 4's next time... so since I cannot see a reasonable path to catch up.....

I need 75 Rising Weapon Badge 4's to upgrade, which is great except I'm max mission pass and used them for upgrade mats not knowing I needed them to get 3's as well.

But I suppose it's my fault, somehow, because expecting a company to clearly tell you they're making a HUGE change to a required currency would be, what, too much to ask?

I already spend more than I should on this game. This feels very grabby on SEGA's part and, since I do not encourage behavior I dislike from the companies with whom I do business, I decide to find another, less grabby/greedy game to enjoy.

It's not like there aren't plenty of them out there.

Sad though, stuff like this is usually due to lack of forethought... but seeing it was deliberate? Nah.... they can keep ALL of that.

So you may still elect not to see the issue, but it definitely isn't because I haven't laid it out plainly.

Honestly, I'm not mad. Just really disappointed. I expected more from SEGA.

@Ekajata While I understand your frustration, it isn't like this is unprecedented with the game as they did the same thing when we went from Rising Badge 1 to Rising Badge 2 and Rising Badge 2 to Rising Badge 3. Additionally, with each new iteration of Rising Badges, they have eventually put up an ARKS Boost Rally where the newest Rising Badge drops from the featured AQs frequently.

@Ekajata Andn in addition to AndrlCh's points, it is a FREE currency for a FREE game which you can get from playing the FREE activities in this FREE game and get from a bonus feature which can be unlocked using another currency (SG) which, while it can be purchased for cash, can also be earned for FREE through various in-game activities which are, once again, FREE.

You want to complain about a "cash grab" game, try playing Destiny. I have NEVER needed to spend a red cent to get anything out of this game (but have anyway because inventory expansions are quite useful) and AC is the only currency you can't earn for FREE in the game, but it wouldn't help you get more badges anyway.

So...yea. Gonna have to agree on not seeing the issue here, particularly given that there's nothing in those badge shops that can't be purchased in the Shops for Meseta, another FREE currency, and at the current pace of content release it would be only a couple months at most before all the 13-Star weapons in the badge shop and even the 4-Star that some of them can be upgraded to will all become obsolete in favor of 15-Star gear, as Sega has already stated their intent to bring the NA version up to speed with the JP version by the end of the year.

So really, why sweat it, much less make this huge stink about the game being "grabby?" Again, try playing Destiny, where a single set of purely cosmetic armor "ornaments" can cost you $15 and there is NO option whatsoever for earning it through the game, on top of having to pay for every new "season" or "episode" or else never gain access to anything current or even relevant.

@Ekajata While I understand your frustration, it isn't like this is unprecedented with the game as they did the same thing when we went from Rising Badge 1 to Rising Badge 2 and Rising Badge 2 to Rising Badge 3. Additionally, with each new iteration of Rising Badges, they have eventually put up an ARKS Boost Rally where the newest Rising Badge drops from the featured AQs frequently.

I hear you; perhaps you can tell me how a new player is supposed to know that?

For that matter, why is it necessary to remove a currency that new players will need to have?

The answer to the first question should be obvious... no way a new player would know this. Nothing on the currency itself to tell you it's limited or will be removed in future.

The answer to the second is more about a business philosophy and it's this that I really took exception to... you see, I would happily pay the same as I paid this month to enjoy the game... but I can't support a deliberate gate designed to push players to make shop purchases to be able to progress.

In fact, that is a textbook definition of "pay to win" and I know a lot of people complain but still play... I'm just not one of them.

I've packed everything into player storage, pulled all my market items, and my character will neither be missed nor mourned.

Only SEGA knows the LTV lost here... and if they don't care, why should anyone, let alone me?

/salute

@Ekajata But the currency is not removed? They have made it so that you can continue to get the older Badges from the Badge exchange itself (not even having to deal with going into the Swap Shop). You can even still get Rising Badge 1s, at a higher rate than when it was originally out, by trading in Rising Badge 4s.

@Ekajata But the currency is not removed? They have made it so that you can continue to get the older Badges from the Badge exchange itself (not even having to deal with going into the Swap Shop). You can even still get Rising Badge 1s, at a higher rate than when it was originally out, by trading in Rising Badge 4s.

So far as I am aware, the only way to get 4's is the 80/80 UQs and the mission pass.

Is there another way? If not, my issue stands. How the heck am I supposed to come up with 75 4's without paying more money? Because the only way I see that happening is making a new account, buying max tiers, getting the weapons I need for upgrade on the "alt" account, and then having my husband log in and physical help transfer them to me.

My point? Simple:

If that is SEGA's idea of proper gameplay and player experience.... then I've got another reason to stop supporting them on principle.

I appreciate your posts and am actually holding my full account cancellation in hopes of you giving me still more information that is otherwise invisible to new players. (wry grin)

@Ekajata Oh, I have no desire to stop you from quitting. I'm just making sure to provide information that clears up the misconceptions you are writing for anyone who happens to come across your posts.

All Rising Badges have come from end-game content outside of the Mission Pass, so they never really were for the benefit of new players. Rising Badge 1s originally only dropped from SH Elder (which was the highest difficulty at the time) at a quite abysmal rate.

That said, SEGA has "thrown a bone" to lower level players since, as I also mentioned before, Rising Badges are eventually added to AQs during a Boost Rally (which are announced and advertised in-game), meaning that you can get them as low as level 40.

Patience seems to be your biggest issue, as you want it all now instead of just waiting things out, which is not exactly a good mindset to have especially considering the content pace we have on the Global version.

@Ekajata Oh, I have no desire to stop you from quitting. I'm just making sure to provide information that clears up the misconceptions you are writing for anyone who happens to come across your posts.

All Rising Badges have come from end-game content outside of the Mission Pass, so they never really were for the benefit of new players. Rising Badge 1s originally only dropped from SH Elder (which was the highest difficulty at the time) at a quite abysmal rate.

That said, SEGA has "thrown a bone" to lower level players since, as I also mentioned before, Rising Badges are eventually added to AQs during a Boost Rally (which are announced and advertised in-game), meaning that you can get them as low as level 40.

Patience seems to be your biggest issue, as you want it all now instead of just waiting things out, which is not exactly a good mindset to have especially considering the content pace we have on the Global version.

Nice little slap. Sorry, I thought you were trying to be helpful. Silly me.

Edit to update:

@AndrlCh - Patience wasn't and isn't the issue, regardless freely-rendered judgement - the issue is that it was poorly communicated (i.e., not at all) and even the people who claim to "have a clue" (like yourself) didn't actually know anything about IF they were coming back.

The Rising Weapon Badge 4 WAS REMOVED from all expedition, quest, and actual game content/progression without ANY notice to players that it would be going away. That was the issue. That and a poor communication about how the system for their use operates.

I'm not sure what part of "not where it is expected to be" you misunderstood, but boy you didn't waste any time using it to turn the tables and claim that I was "spreading misconceptions" - incorrectly claim, that is.

So, seems the only "misconception" was your own. Your assumption that everyone knows how things work seems out of place given the factual reality that no one but SEGA actually does.

As it turned out, they brought them back in the Thanksgiving holiday and I genuinely believe my letter to SEGA played a part in that.

Who knows, maybe even this thread, despite the rudeness of self-proclaimed "community minded" people played a part.

Funny how that works when the people you're talking to are actually interested in your thoughts rather than eagerly looking for a way to shut them down.

Go figure.

@Ekajata I don't mean it as a slap. It is up to each individual person whether they want to play a game or not, and if you have made up your mind, then the opinions of others should have no effect on that decision.

Just speaking my personal guess, we would be able to farm badge 4 in the "New Seasonal Events" listed on What's New in Episode 5.

Most likely the event won't start this week, I hope next maintenance will start it.

@Ekajata Ok, let me make one thing perfectly clear here: you CANNOT buy Rising Weapon Badges for real money, with the negligible exception of the rare times in which they are available in the Fresh Finds shop which literally NOBODY considers to be a reliable source of, well, anything.

I don't know where you get off griping and whining about "pay to win" regarding a FREE game in which a FREE currency is used to purchase gear that is available to ALL players. I had nearly 2,000 Rising Badge 2s and I did not pay a single PENNY to get them. Nothing. Zilch. Zippo. Nadda. Goose egg. Bupkiss. NOTHING! And these are exchanged for the Ray series weapons, which were THE most powerful weapons at the time AND as I recall were the FIRST to offer the option to upgrade to even more powerful forms. NO PART OF WHICH cost ANY money.

I don't know where the heck you're getting your info from but you are WAY off base here. PSO2 is a FREE game. I've been playing since the open beta on Xbox and I have NEVER found myself EVER actually NEEDING to spend ANY money on this game. I dropped $60 on the Sonic Collab Bundle out of nostalgia for one of my old favorite comic book series and because the storage/inventory expansion items it offered would be more expensive to buy on their own, and so far they are the ONLY thing I've seen any reason to spend money. I have 12-star units and 13-star weapons on all 3 of my characters, I have all classes but Fighter and now Hero to level 75 or higher, and I have several million meseta stockpiled and I cannot stress this enough I achieved ALL of that WITHOUT ANY MONEY SPENT! All that bundle I bought did for me was make it slightly more efficient as I didn't have to stop after every single mission and sell/infuse/otherwise dispose of my entire inventory every single time. I'd still be where I am now without it.

You keep stressing that you are a NEW player and therefore don't know all there is to know. Stop hiding behind that as an excuse to snap at people trying to explain what you don't understand to you.

You DO NOT have to spend ANY money to get the most out of this game and nothing, I repeat, NOTHING that you can buy will give you any sort of advantage over other players. The absolute closest you can get to making such an argument that would be even remotely legitimate is if you were to dump a hundred bucks a month or more on maintaining a premium set and buying a crapload of AC scratch tickets just to turn around and sell all your "winnings" in the Personal Shops, undercutting everyone else by at least 40% so your stuff will sell faster, and then using that Meseta to buy the high-level weapons some other player got (FOR FREE!!) and invested THEIR time and grind into leveling to that point, which they are now selling because they have something even STRONGER in their loadout.

I hate to keep hammering this point but you need to get it through your head: you DO NOT need to spend ANY money on this game, and even if you DO spend money it WILL NOT give you any significant edge over the players who don't spend a single penny.

You're obsessing over wanting a currency item used to purchase weapons from a set that is already obsolete, as the focus is now on 14-star weapons and, most likely, by December they, too, will become obsolete in favor of 15-star gear because that's where the JP game is at now and Sega has already announced their intention of bringing the NA version up to par with JP by the end of 2020.

So you are complaining about an outdated currency which you CAN still get by trading the CURRENT currency which CAN be obtained FOR FREE through gameplay, used to purchase outdated gear you will have to abandon in favor of stronger gear in the immediate to near future, and the crux of your complaint is a completely inaccurate misunderstanding of how the game functions.

For the umpteenth time you DO NOT need to spend ANY money to obtain ANYTHING of actual consequence in the game. NOTHING that has any real impact on the game experience costs money.

Flat out your point is invalid and you're coming off like a whiny, entitled, brat of a child who expects to have everything handed to you with zero effort on your part.

Play the game, do the grind, and you can trade the RWB4s for the RWB2s you're so obsessed with. AND GUESS WHAT! When the NEXT episode drops and the loot tables switch over to awarding RWB5s, you will STILL be able to trade THOSE for RWB2s!

What the actual f* do you have to complain about here!?

Sorry for the 'tude but this is just mind-boggling. You are complaining about nothing. Literally nothing. And snapping at easily THE single most helpful player of this game, who is CONSTANTLY taking the time to help out and answer questions and concerns that, unlike yours, are actually legitimate.

Why is the hero class used to farm with alts?

@Knight-Raime High mobility and easy to build Tree that gets high multipliers early. If you are just focusing on basic stuff, Hero is easy to just pick up and play.

question guys everywhere i go it says rykos harmonizer is best harmonizer for summoner but when i go to zieg it doesn't give me the option has it been discontinued or do i have to do something specific first to unlock it