Ask a veteran ARKS!

@AndrlCh Ok, cool. Not perfect but still a time saver. Thanks yet again for taking the time to answer my questions. I know I've had like a million of them.

1. Is there anything worthwhile to trade in 10 Star Weapons for besides Ex-Cubes?

2. Is it possible to level up the compound techniques?

@Princesse-Jen

1. Photon Spheres, I guess. Once Crafting comes around, they can be broken down for materials, though. But I wouldn't recommend holding on to them just for that purpose right now.
  2. No.

So I got the Ring that shortens charge time for techniques after using a Jet boots PA. However, I don't notice a difference at all in charge speed after using PA and following up with tech charge

@Macmaxi it's not that I'm trying hard, just don't want to be a burden with it atm. Doing 80k compared to my techter with 14* on jp makes me feel confident but I'm not exactly sure what good dmg numbers are outside support for ranges. That's why I ask

@STAR-15 Do you have it at +20? Remember that most Techs charge in 1 second or less, so with it at +1, that means the charge time is 0.9 seconds, and at +20 it is 0.5 seconds. Oh, also, remember that it doesn't work if you don't start the Tech during the Perfect Attack window.

@AndrlCh ah thanks for that now at least I know what to expect with numbers.

Is there a reason for the height limit on NA? I tried to import one of my JP characters - 148cm but got error message saying can't import because character is under 150cm when undressed. 150cm undressed is like 1/4 to 1/3 way up on JP character creator height adjustment. You can go all the way down to 137cm with normal leg length on JP.

What support items are there (if any) for improving/guaranteeing enhancement success on Rings? Just wasted all my materials on a series of failures trying to upgrade Tech Parry. Not one success and now I've got to go digging for more rocks and gems.

@zaffy2005 Excube shop, enhancement aid, not the great success ones.

What would be a good Armor/Unit set for a Force/Techer?

@Princesse-Jen said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

That depends on what your budget is, generally all Unit Sets can be used on every class, only if you start to put affixes with a certain ATK type on it, they become less effective on classes that can't use that type.

There are specific Sets that don't provide all ATK type boosts within their Set Bonus, but they are in the minority. If you have Badges to spare the Brissa Set is a good choice all around, but again it depends on what you are willing to spend.

@Princesse-Jen According to http://srpgp.supersanctuary.net/cirnopedia-test/unit_05.php the Vibrace, Luther (what it calls "Loser," some of the names the site uses aren't what's used in the NA game), Kings, Haze, Ex, Noire, Ringa, and a few other sets all top off with +120 to all attack types plus small bonuses to PP or HP. If you don't sweat about what augments are already on them you can usually pick up a full set for between 1 and 2 million form the Personal Shops, sometimes less. It's odd because when I was shopping around I'd find two pieces for less than 20-40k each and then the third piece would be over 800k.

I'm not completely certain but I'm beginning to suspect the NA version has done away with requiring specific weapons for some of these set bonuses. At the very least the in-game "check set bonus" doesn't list weapons for any of them but still shows the maximum stat yield (without the weapon these sets should only be showing +60, not +120).

@Macmaxi said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

@Princesse-Jen said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

That depends on what your budget is, generally all Unit Sets can be used on every class, only if you start to put affixes with a certain ATK type on it, they become less effective on classes that can't use that type.

There are specific Sets that don't provide all ATK type boosts within their Set Bonus, but they are in the minority. If you have Badges to spare the Brissa Set is a good choice all around, but again it depends on what you are willing to spend.

I'm not really using any badges right now so I guess I'll look into that.

@zaffy2005 said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

@Princesse-Jen According to http://srpgp.supersanctuary.net/cirnopedia-test/unit_05.php the Vibrace, Luther (what it calls "Loser," some of the names the site uses aren't what's used in the NA game), Kings, Haze, Ex, Noire, Ringa, and a few other sets all top off with +120 to all attack types plus small bonuses to PP or HP. If you don't sweat about what augments are already on them you can usually pick up a full set for between 1 and 2 million form the Personal Shops, sometimes less. It's odd because when I was shopping around I'd find two pieces for less than 20-40k each and then the third piece would be over 800k.

I'm not completely certain but I'm beginning to suspect the NA version has done away with requiring specific weapons for some of these set bonuses. At the very least the in-game "check set bonus" doesn't list weapons for any of them but still shows the maximum stat yield (without the weapon these sets should only be showing +60, not +120).

That is... a lot of options. I already had two of the Luther parts so I went and bought the Legs to finish it off for now. That said, as far as I can tell, it does say only +60 from where I viewed the set bonus? I have a Psycho Wand so I don't still myself switching just fo a set bonus, but I'll do my best to look into everything.

The legs still seemed to increase nearly everything though overall. I did get a big HP drop though.

@Princesse-Jen @zaffy2005 Any set bonus that required a weapon on the JPN server is broken on the NA server because those set bonuses only worked with Old Type Weapons (with the exception of ones that were released after OT were superseded by New Type Weapons), which were removed for the NA version. Even in cases where you may find a weapon that is supposed to be part of the set (like the Elder Rifle), it is technically a different weapon than its Old Type version, so it is not part of the set.