Ask a veteran ARKS!

@AndrlCh well that's what I mean. I'm still running a dex mag cuz I won't go through what I did in JP. Which was back when excubes were 50 for a level down...

Never. Again. I'd rather lose...6% dmg? Idk but yeah.

Anyone know how to just USE the sub-palette on the PC version? I can't believe that I need to ask this, but here we are.

You'd think it'd be just hitting the number key under the item, but when I do that it just opens a chat window and puts the number into the window.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

@Natty-Boh-man You have to disable Direct Chat; this can either be done from the Communication Settings or by hitting ScrLk on your keyboard.

@AndrlCh said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

@Natty-Boh-man You have to disable Direct Chat; this can either be done from the Communication Settings or by hitting ScrLk on your keyboard.

That did the trick! Thank you very much.

So i have been looking into some classes to play,and in the long run i will probably be a main jet boots bouncer,but from what i seen it takes a bit getting use to and is kind of underpowered at the moment..

Sooo my main question is,what class is the best bread and butter class to get started with?

...and i mean bread and butter class as in a complete newbie can play and almost master on day 1 of playing survival and damage-wise 😊

@HallowFang72 Hunter is a decent class to start off with, mostly because it is also the (current) best general purpose subclass for Melee and Ranged classes. It has good durability Skills and its Fury Stance Skills are the best unconditional damage multipliers. Until we get Phantom, it is also one of the best options to be Bouncer's subclass, so having it ready to go when you decide to try out Bouncer is a great idea.

Oh, also, JB Bouncer is far from underpowered even in the current game, it just requires learning your i-frames and keeping yourself airborne, which you can only learn through practice, and having Hunter as your subclass will help mitigate some of damage you take from the learning curve.

Sorry if this has been asked, but is there any way to transfer your JP character / stuff to NA?

@xXStarVXx No, there is not. The only thing you can do is save your basic character appearance data in the salon and move the file from "Documents/SEGA/PHANTASYSTARONLINE2" to "Documents/SEGA/PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_NA" and load it into the character creator or the salon, though sometimes it may fail to load due to the height restrictions in place in the NA version.

@AndrlCh Awwe ;-; .. I spent so many hours on this game on the JP version.. Good thing I like this game a lot I guess. Lmao

Oh well, thank you for the info!

Can I delete an Auxiliary without spending a dime? I donot like how mine turned out to be. If so ELI5 please.

Ps. I did google and used the search function, I got no absolute answer.

Is there a way to completely turn off chat? As in no longer have other people's "word bubbles" pop up on the screen? Concerts are virtually pointless now. Can hardly hear the songs. And I don't want to be pointing fingers but this wasn't happening before the PC release. Now the plaza is jam-packed with twits jumping up and down causing a constant "Thump thump thump" on top of spamming ongoing "commentary," insults, and spouting crap that borders on both lewd and racist, and just....sigh let's just say it's an ugly mess and I'd rather silence the entire lot of them so I can actually HEAR THE FREAKIN' SONGS. I mean yea, they're usually the same song all "season" so eventually it might get repetitive after a while but you know what gets old even faster? "SHOW YER TITS/FEET/ASS/whatever else" being spammed 42 times per song. It's a freakin' pre-recorded animation in a video game you halfwits, SHE CAN'T HEAR YOU! can't believe people are actually making me miss Destiny's utter lack of communication features.

Also, on a less rant-y note, are "Soul" augments limited to one per piece of gear, or can you add multiple "Souls" to the same weapon/unit? Trying to figure out whether I should be holding onto absolutely everything that has a "Soul" augment or only the ones that have the most beneficial for that character (e.g. keeping Ragne Soul for +30 TEC and +20 HP for a Force but ditching Gyphon Soul because it only offers +15 TEC and +5 HP)?

Two, do "Souls" level up like Casting, Might, and Precision or are they what they are?

Number three, what is the highest tier? I think the highest I've seen so far is 5 (V).

Four, what about "Mark" augments? I've heard they can't be transferred at all yet, is that right? Is that something that will come in time or should I not bother hanging onto any low level gear with "Marks" on them?

@Grimlo6k Actually, you can't delete them even if you paid. 😕

If you just want to change their appearance, using a Salon Free Pass and send them to the salon is the most simple way. Recreating an auxiliary costs 500 AC, this will be the only option if you want to change race/gender/name of the auxiliary.

@zaffy2005 said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

Also, on a less rant-y note, are "Soul" augments limited to one per piece of gear, or can you add multiple "Souls" to the same weapon/unit?

Two, do "Souls" level up like Casting, Might, and Precision or are they what they are?

Number three, what is the highest tier? I think the highest I've seen so far is 5 (V).

Four, what about "Mark" augments? I've heard they can't be transferred at all yet, is that right? Is that something that will come in time or should I not bother hanging onto any low level gear with "Marks" on them?

1. Yes and no
  2. No
  3. Currently, some augments have level VI on JP.
  4. Currently, it's impossible to add Mark type augments on NA. There is a special augment on JP which enables us to add Mark types and NA will see it eventually. Still that will be at the very late stage on the timetable of NA catching up to JP, I guess.

@Fiona-Respha So then it sounds like I should settle on which "Souls" offer the best benefits and get rid of all the lesser stuff then. Thanks for the info.