Ask a veteran ARKS!

@ErinXh said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

@AndrlCh Learn something new every day, I never figured where the word "Takt" came from. Don't think I've ever heard, seen or read it until 'Summoner'. Interesting to know its German origin.

They should have gone with "Stick", if only for some laughing matter.

Tact or tack is also a term for the gear used to train and ride horses. It kind of reminds me of a crop. it might me that it's a version of tack.

Is there really no Rati Mag ? That was my favorite to use on Miyen in PSO. I haven't seen it in any PSO2 list and am wondering if I missed something.

@MiyenHalo Nope, it's indeed not in the game. A lot of PSO Mags didn't made it sadly. Still hoping for a Chao Mag Device/Cell as well.

Is there a way to lower/change the stat requirement for equipping weapons? can't say for certain but I could almost swear I had read/heard about something that at least changes what stat is required (for example changing the DEX requirement for most Sigma weapons to, say, MEL).

I've sunk a ton into getting a Rod, I believe the Gravilos (still struggling with remembering names of things). Problem is, it requires DEX. Like....a LOT of DEX. I think my Force is still about 80+ points short of that, since DEX doesn't seem to be worth much of anything to a Force (or so I've been told) I haven't put much into it.

So I've got two options, either shift my build towards DEX so I can use the Gravilos (an ultimately short-lived plan since I'd only be using it until I can get a Psycho Wand or something even stronger for an "all element" build). Or this idea of changing the required stat, if possible, to Tec, which Forces have in spades. Potential third option (again, if possible), would stacking DEX augments (such as Deftness) on the Gravilos make it so I can equip it, or would that only work if I boosted DEX using Units/Mag?

@zaffy2005 Changing stats required to equip weapons is only possible through crafting, which would also change the stats of the weapon itself. Plus crafting isn't available on NA yet.

Augments don't affect your base stats, so you can't use those to equip weapons earlier.

What race are you using? What class combo are you using? And what are their levels?

@Ezodagrom Newman female, Fo/Te, level 50 or 51 for main, don't recall subclass level (I really need to pay more attention to details). Been trying to keep the Mag pure TEC and everyone keeps telling me to NEVER waste stat points on DEX for anything other than Bouncer or Braver, so at best think her base DEX is somewhere around 380, and pretty sure Gravilos requires closer to 440-450.

I thought I had seen an item, a drop-down menu at the enhancement kiosk, or an option on the actions list at that shop, about changing stat requirements. Kinda sucks that it isn't available yet. Hoping it doesn't become irrelevant by the time they finally do add it.

@zaffy2005 As a Fo/Te Female Newman, your base DEX caps at 449 when you are at 75/75. Your only option is to get Bouncer and/or Braver to lv75 for their Class Bonuses (each gives 30 base DEX) if you want to equip that weapon.

Even when you get a Psycho Wand, the Gravalios is a great weapon to use for all of your Ice Techs since it is stronger than PW when using them, especially if you change its element to Ice.

@zaffy2005 Hmm, a female newman Fo/Te won't have enough DEX even at lvl 75/75 (449 DEX out of 450), but there are options without putting DEX into your mag.

• Getting Braver or Bouncer to lvl 75, getting any class to lvl 75 rewards a title that gives a boost in stats for all characters in the account, Braver and Bouncer give 30 DEX each.
  • Putting points into DEX in the techter skill tree, how many points depends on how soon you want to be able to use it. Once you don't need DEX on the tree anymore, you can use a skill tree reset pass.

These are the points in DEX and levels needed to equip the weapon as female newman Fo/Te:

• 10 points in DEX - lvl 64/55
  • 9 points - lvl 67/55
  • 8 points - lvl 69/55
  • 7 points - lvl 71/55
  • 6 points - lvl 72/55
  • 5 points - lvl 74/55
  • 4 points - lvl 75/55
  • 3 points - lvl 75/61
  • 2 points - lvl 75/67
  • 1 point - lvl 75/72

@AndrlCh Now, with the Successor classes, Etoile, Phantom, and Hero..if I remember right Phantom would work as a good subclass for Force or Techer, and relies on Dex similar to Bouncer and Braver, so would it be worth it to wait on that to come out? One of my other characters is a Braver main, eventually will level up Bouncer with that one as well (taking the "divide and conquor" approach with one character doing Ranger, Gunner, and probably Hunter, one doing Braver, Bouncer, and Fighter, and the third doing Force, Techer, and Summoner) but Phantom may be available before I get Braver maxed out.

@zaffy2005 No, because by the time those classes come out, that weapon will be long obsolete. Phantom is an Ep6 class, but the NA version of PSO2 is currently at the very end of Ep2 urgent quests. Most likely Phantom will only come out later in the year (possibly late Q3 or during Q4?).

@zaffy2005 In addition to what @Ezodagrom said, by the time we get Scions, odds are we will have had Bonus Quests for a while, which make leveling to lv75 laughably easy, especially if they update the Daily and Weekly ARKS Missions to include the Bonus Quest Keys as rewards like on the JPN version.

@AndrlCh @Ezodagrom Ok, then it looks like I should be focusing on either leveling up my Braver ASAP or grinding Meseta to get the Psycho Wand. Or just hope I run into more Fals Arms UQs for the Astracite. Think that's the only reliable source for the kind I need.

@Ezodagrom said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

@zaffy2005 Hmm, a female newman Fo/Te won't have enough DEX even at lvl 75/75 (449 DEX out of 450), but there are options without putting DEX into your mag.

• Getting Braver or Bouncer to lvl 75, getting any class to lvl 75 rewards a title that gives a boost in stats for all characters in the account, Braver and Bouncer give 30 DEX each.
  • Putting points into DEX in the techter skill tree, how many points depends on how soon you want to be able to use it. Once you don't need DEX on the tree anymore, you can use a skill tree reset pass.

These are the points in DEX and levels needed to equip the weapon as female newman Fo/Te:

• 10 points in DEX - lvl 64/55
  • 9 points - lvl 67/55
  • 8 points - lvl 69/55
  • 7 points - lvl 71/55
  • 6 points - lvl 72/55
  • 5 points - lvl 74/55
  • 4 points - lvl 75/55
  • 3 points - lvl 75/61
  • 2 points - lvl 75/67
  • 1 point - lvl 75/72

Wow, that's some hardcore min-maxing :D.

@Chiryuu2609 jeesh...I dumped my mag into dex just cuz I'm phantom later. I was always under the impression dex was useless aside from using a 13* gunslash on all classes at lv1

@Noctosis DEX isn't useless, it just loses its utility outside of equip requirements since 7☆+ Weapons have a damage stabilization bonus that far outclasses what you can get from DEX.