Ask a veteran ARKS!

@munchmytacos Unfortunately I'm not finding any sort of info on who to contact there about contributions, other than a link to a Discord server but I don't use Discord.

@zaffy2005 said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

@GM-Deynger Probably a default spam-guard with the option to enable a method of bypassing it for "established members."

Yes. That. Probably.

@GM-Deynger said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

@GM-Deynger Probably a default spam-guard with the option to enable a method of bypassing it for "established members."

Yes. That. Probably.

Is the Reputation System something being thought about being enabled? I feel it would be good for at least two things.

1.) Help identify Trolls, Negative Nancys, Debbie Downers, Terrible Terrys, etc. 2.) Reward fellow community members for helpful/positive posts.

Fwiw.

o/ =^.^=

@KnightHarb1nger The potential downside being those in the first group could band together to ruin things for those in the second group (or anyone else the feel like trolling).

In general any reputation functionality tends to bring toxicity.

Got a question about title bonuses, specifically those unlocked by leveling a class to 75. once that title is unlocked, if that character is deleted does that negate the bonus for the rest of the characters on that account? It's one of the things I hated about Destiny and Destiny 2, that if we ever decided we wanted to change our character around (change genders, race, whatever) it meant a full reset of everything not only for that character, but absolutely everything that character had unlocked, which could mean other characters getting locked out of activities because access was first unlocked on that character, or losing rewards that were based on the "age" of the character so even if your account had been around since day one if you'd deleted and remade characters along the way the "new" characters would not be eligible.

I know any purchased character slots (beyond the first three free slots) are forfeited and have to be purchased again, and that anything currently only available on that character will be lost (accessories, cast heads, etc.)but what other impact does deleting a character incur? And will it still be "marked" in my account that one "ticket" has already been used so I'll only need one more to make an item account-bound, or will it reset and I'll need to acquire two?

I'm asking because i'm somewhat losing interest in one of my characters, and have been thinking of a "re-do," and possibly using that slot to keep power-leveling a character up to the point of getting the "Mag starter kit" to stockpile food devices for when I eventually have to buy new mags (since I've completely screwed up the first one and getting "pure" mags seems to be crucial to effectiveness). Just want to know what I might be in for (aside from a lot of grinding) by taking this approach.

@zaffy2005 Once the title is unlocked and claimed, the bonus is permanently attached to your account.

I'm not too sure on the status of a single Ticket being used as being flagged on your account or that being forfeit with a deleted character, however.

JP online manual has some detailed info on what kind of data is moved with ship transfer. Unfortunately NA manual doesn't have this section since we don't have the feature yet. 😢

http://pso2.jp/players/manual/gamestart/character/move/

According to this,

• Transferring data - salon - information of fashion that has registered by using salon ticket item once to the character.
  • Account-bound data - salon - information of fashion that has registered by using salon ticket item twice to the characters of the same account.

So, making a guess that once used tickets are character bound and will be lost when the character is deleted, sounds reasonable for me. But after all, I think we can't be perfectly sure until someone actually test this.

@KnightHarb1nger said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

@GM-Deynger said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

Yes. That. Probably.

Is the Reputation System something being thought about being enabled? I feel it would be good for at least two things.

1.) Help identify Trolls, Negative Nancys, Debbie Downers, Terrible Terrys, etc. 2.) Reward fellow community members for helpful/positive posts.

Fwiw.

o/ =^.^=

It has been thought about. It has not been thought about lately however, so I'll pass along the feedback!

Greetings. I was playing SEA version before where often laughed at due to my build that....how should I put it...always against the tide lol. like RaHu with hunter build focused on defense and damage negation so I can sit on my launcher blasting enemy close or far without worrying about evading attacks. or TeHu (?) so there i have solid tanky healer that unable to attack but team wont dropped as long as my character still stands.

my point is, everyone seems to be focused on attack, attack, and attack while evading is the point of survivability. things is I am not really good at action games so my evade is sucks. so I build tanky character to eat all damage instead of evading it lol. the question is, how the tank fare in JP or this new NA server? are they acceptable? or still a joke?

@AntaresNeo Tanking is now a viable build on JPN with the Scuccessor/Scion class, Etoile; it has ridiculously high damage reduction while still giving great damage multipliers, even when used as a subclass.

In the current version of the game that is NA, tanking is doable, but high damage is still preferable since so much end-game content is dependent on killing things as quickly as possible.

@AndrlCh thank you for your response. I guess starting off with attacker is the plan. I do hope the class you mentioned will be released here very soon tho 😁

How do I post pictures as a my emote? And how do I get the classic photon chairs and the dances? I'm prepared to open my wallet. XD

@Blazingsonic-X I believe the Photon Chairs are available in the "FUNporium" in the lower levels of the shopping area (behind/below Franca). Don't know if they're "classic" or not.

@MachineQueen playing game just fine [kickin ass] now it wont open past title screen any ideas